Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Computers

Old 12-18-2015, 01:40 AM   #31
senortout

There will be no conflicts between Edge and Adobe Reader. However, Edge is a 'work in progress' and I sincerely feel you would be happier with Internet Explorer, or Firefox, or even the Google browser, at least until Edge matures.
open the start menu..and go to 'all apps'...I think you will find that you still have a copy of Internet Explorer. They kept in in Windows 10 for those who prefer it to the new Edge. (did'ya all know that?)
senortout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2015, 01:46 AM   #32
senortout

In my previous post, I should have pointed out something. You seem to be thinking that Adobe Reader is similar to your browser. It is not. It is a stand-alone application designed specifically to open .pdf files, like our thoroughbred pps..that is the format they are written in. There is, however a connection in that Adobe Reader can be made to open the pps right in the browser. I think I've got that right.
senortout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2015, 06:55 PM   #33
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by senortout
There will be no conflicts between Edge and Adobe Reader. However, Edge is a 'work in progress' and I sincerely feel you would be happier with Internet Explorer, or Firefox, or even the Google browser, at least until Edge matures.
open the start menu..and go to 'all apps'...I think you will find that you still have a copy of Internet Explorer. They kept in in Windows 10 for those who prefer it to the new Edge. (did'ya all know that?)
Thanks, I do know that Adobe Reader (AA) is a program and not a browser. Currently, I have available as separate browsers (and separate desktop icons) Edge, Chrome and IE which all came with the upgrade to Windows 10. My previous question was concerning after adding AA and I'm in one of the browsers ..... How do I retrieve or save a file in AA without the browser first going to Edge which is currently occurring?

If it requires jumping thru hoops, I'll just do what I'm currently doing since it does save and retrieve files as AA PDF's and the files are compatible on my XP machine. It just has a different look and feel but, I can live with it

whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply