Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-14-2017, 12:11 PM   #31
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Is he really a distraction at this point? There are like 100 other guys doing stuff during the anthem and he has already said he won't do it any more.

That said, him winning that award instead of JJ Watt after what he did for hurricane relief is a joke. GQ should be ashamed of itself.
He still is because the media is still focused on him. The Niners, as liberal an organization as any, knew that his presence meant all the other players having to answer endless questions about him.

The report that he said he would stop kneeling was false. His g/f went on Twitter and was very emphatic about that.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #32
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I am talking about liberalism infecting things where it doesn't belong and didn't exist decades ago like in sports coverage and the school system. When I was in school in the 60's and 70's I had no idea of the political leanings of my teachers and they would not tell you even if you asked. Also back in the day you had no idea of political leanings of a sportscaster either. Now liberalism is spewed excessively in those areas while the right is forced to keep silent or lose their job.
I was in grade school in the early 60s. I remember "under God" being removed and reinserted in the pledge of allegiance a few times during my time in grade school.

~Alan Watts

Last edited by therussmeister; 11-14-2017 at 05:08 PM. Reason: grammar
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2017, 03:40 PM   #33
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
I was in grade school in the early 60s. I remember "under God" being removed and reinserted in the pledge of allegiance a few times during my time in grade school.
I went to grade school during the same time/ era you mentioned, "under God" was never removed from the Pledge in morning assemblies. I guess it depended on where you lived at the time
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2017, 03:53 PM   #34
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
I went to grade school during the same time/ era you mentioned, "under God" was never removed from the Pledge in morning assemblies. I guess it depended on where you lived at the time
Never was where I went to school in Baltimore either and I went a decade later than you guys.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2017, 07:55 PM   #35
_______
Veteran

The pledge has been unchanged since Congress added “Under God” in 1954.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #36
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

It was there in the late 50's , and some teachers had a class prayer following it.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:13 PM   #37
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Watching the games today, no way Kaepernick isn't a top 30 QB.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:01 PM   #38
Inner Dirt

Quote:
So what, are you aware of all him and his left wing radical girlfriend have done? The disrespect of the flag is just one of many incidents.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2017, 06:26 PM   #39
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
So what, are you aware of all him and his left wing radical girlfriend have done? The disrespect of the flag is just one of many incidents.
The NFL let Josh Brent play, who was drunk and drove and killed a teammate. They let Dante Stallworth play after doing the same thing. They let many players play after beating women. I think I can live with protesting by disrespecting the flag if that is what you want to call it. And frankly, what his girlfriend does is irrelevant to me.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:20 PM   #40
Inner Dirt

Quote:
The NFL let Josh Brent play, who was drunk and drove and killed a teammate. They let Dante Stallworth play after doing the same thing. They let many players play after beating women. I think I can live with protesting by disrespecting the flag if that is what you want to call it. And frankly, what his girlfriend does is irrelevant to me.
Do a little research, he has done way more than disrespect the flag. Also what his girlfriend does matters as she comments on his issues with the NFL and influences his behavior. She insulted an NFL owner and a future hall of fame player while hen pecked Kaepernick said nothing. He didn't do anything to draw attention to himself until he hooked up with Nessa. She controls him like a puppet, he is a chump who cannot think for himself.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #41
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
After watching some highlights........you're probably right......but the ghost of George Blanca might be too........

They have real problems
Old 11-19-2017, 07:53 PM   #42
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Do a little research, he has done way more than disrespect the flag. Also what his girlfriend does matters as she comments on his issues with the NFL and influences his behavior. She insulted an NFL owner and a future hall of fame player while hen pecked Kaepernick said nothing. He didn't do anything to draw attention to himself until he hooked up with Nessa. She controls him like a puppet, he is a chump who cannot think for himself.

I still don't think his girlfriend matters. Who cares if she insulted an owner? Plenty of people insult owners, including players. Owners insult players too. See the Texans a few weeks ago.

I know all about Kaepernick. As I said, they let not one but two people that drove drunk and killed people back in the league. I think there was another one that I'm forgetting as well. You want to compare Kaepernick to that? To wife beaters? Give me a break.

Packers should have signed him. There season is shot now because they stuck with a scrub.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:22 PM   #43
thaskalos

Blaming a guy for "disrespecting the flag" is one thing...but to criticize him because he allows his girlfriend to CONTROL him? How do we know what really goes on between Kaepernick and his girlfriend, and...why is that any of our business?
Old 11-19-2017, 09:38 PM   #44
ElKabong

Quote:
I still don't think his girlfriend matters. Who cares if she insulted an owner? Plenty of people insult owners, including players. Owners insult players too. See the Texans a few weeks ago.

I know all about Kaepernick. As I said, they let not one but two people that drove drunk and killed people back in the league. I think there was another one that I'm forgetting as well. You want to compare Kaepernick to that? To wife beaters? Give me a break.

Packers should have signed him. There season is shot now because they stuck with a scrub.
IN all honesty, the nfl owners probably know something you don't.

It's pretty much a fact that Jerry Jones and a few other owners would suit up Charlie Manson if he could help them win, or gain some media attention that isn't terribly negative. Apparently Kapernik simply isn't worth it. I knew a lot of Engineers and Supply Chain professionals that were out of a job b/c they were toxic in their work environments, superiors wouldn't give them a positive recommendation. What's happening to Kapernik isn't new
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2017, 09:52 PM   #45
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
IN all honesty, the nfl owners probably know something you don't.

It's pretty much a fact that Jerry Jones and a few other owners would suit up Charlie Manson if he could help them win, or gain some media attention that isn't terribly negative. Apparently Kapernik simply isn't worth it. I knew a lot of Engineers and Supply Chain professionals that were out of a job b/c they were toxic in their work environments, superiors wouldn't give them a positive recommendation. What's happening to Kapernik isn't new
No offense, but this is Engineers and Supply Chain professionals. They gave Greg Hardy a chance. Nothing they know about this guy is worse than him.

He'll never prove it, but if he showed film of the Bills and Packers today in court he might win his collusion case on that alone.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: