Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #481
ghostyapper

According to the drf she'll be running in the Fleur de lis. So far the competition looks non-existent for the race. My guess is the spin will be jackson kept so long from declaring her for the race so that he wouldn't scare away any competition
Old 06-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #482
Hedevar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyapper
According to the drf she'll be running in the Fleur de lis. So far the competition looks non-existent for the race. My guess is the spin will be jackson kept so long from declaring her for the race so that he wouldn't scare away any competition
Gee right now Made For Magic a Grade 2 winner is scheduled to go in the Fleur De Lis. How many Graded winners is Zenyatta scheduled to face in the Vanity?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #483
ghostyapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedevar
Gee right now Made For Magic a Grade 2 winner is scheduled to go in the Fleur De Lis. How many Graded winners is Zenyatta scheduled to face in the Vanity?
Funny how the drones always call people out when they bring up zenyatta in a rachel thread but they're free to do it whenever convenient. And isn't made for magic just another one of those terrible horses that run out west against zenyatta?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #484
Hedevar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyapper
Funny how the drones always call people out when they bring up zenyatta in a rachel thread but they're free to do it whenever convenient. And isn't made for magic just another one of those terrible horses that run out west against zenyatta?
Please learn how to use the shift key.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #485
bisket

a couple months ago st. trinians was the horse zen just had to face to prove her worth. now trinians is in a race with zen and she's slow.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #486
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
Reading your posts:
F***Off, Cardus.

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
Old 06-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #487
BluegrassProf

If Rachel runs in the FdL, she'll face no one particularly spectacular - that's pretty clear. And yes, that's just like the field Zenyatta'll face in the Vanity: no one spectacular. What some folks clearly need to understand is that yes, both of them can face mediocre fields on Saturday.

Of course, what that means in the course of each horse's respective legacy is the more substantial issue, and one that's clearly not going to be settled - outcome be damned - by the 13th.

We all want progress. None of us are getting it.

We're all disappointed, or - at the very least - should be.

(Note: I didn't bring up Zenyatta, someone else did - I take no responsibility for that. Perhaps we move on.)
Old 06-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #488
sandpit

Quote:
I don't have an answer to your question, but according to Made for Magic's trainer, A C Avila, the reason he shipped to Churchill was because he didn't want to face Zenyatta anymore. I'd probably do the same if I had her.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #489
Hedevar

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanied
F***Off, Cardus.
I wouldn't worry about the above response and I would absolutely ignore the initial irrevelant, immaterial, ungrammatical reference to St. Trinians. Please consider the source.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #490
Hedevar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassProf
If Rachel runs in the FdL, she'll face no one particularly spectacular - that's pretty clear. And yes, that's just like the field Zenyatta'll face in the Vanity: no one spectacular. What some folks clearly need to understand is that yes, both of them can face mediocre fields on Saturday.

Of course, what that means in the course of each horse's respective legacy is the more substantial issue, and one that's clearly not going to be settled - outcome be damned - by the 13th.

(Note: I didn't bring up Zenyatta, someone else did - I take no responsibility for that. Perhaps we move on.)
I'll bring up Zenyatta Prof. I know you are a well read and educated man. I would appreciate your opinion, if you are willing to opine, as to how talented Zenyatta is compared to thoroughbreds past and present. If you chose to demur it is perfectly understandable. No offense intended.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #491
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
thi's s'hood bee 'n excit...ing thred.
Thirty three pages and counting.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:13 AM   #492
BluegrassProf

Quote:
I'll bring up Zenyatta Prof. I know you are a well read and educated man. I would appreciate your opinion, if you are willing to opine, as to how talented Zenyatta is compared to thoroughbreds past and present. If you chose to demur it is perfectly understandable. No offense intended.
None taken, and thank you.

To answer your question, my thoughts re: Zen....from earlier today:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...&postcount=161

Hopefully that sums it up sufficiently...

We all want to see greatness, whatever form it might take - so long as we're seeing something truly great, not constructed spectacle. We saw it last year, and have all looked forward to seeing it this year: for Rachel, it was another historic year; for Zen, it was a chance to spread her wings and stamp her place in the sport's story.

So far, we've been let down, from all points. Save QR...jury's out on him, but hopes are high.

It's the same for every athlete: onward and upward, not sideways and redundant.

Last edited by BluegrassProf; 06-09-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:26 AM   #493
Kimsus
Veteran

Quote:

No one, and I mean NO ONE on this forum can throw as much $hit against the wall in hopes of it sticking as you. Congrats again Dumbprof.
St. Trinians is now suddenly mediocre, I wonder were you asleep for the past 3 months when her name was brought up as a possible threat to Rachel and Zenyatta for the Apple Blossom by some...Go back to sleep man, your posts certainly are a yawn...
Old 06-09-2010, 12:26 AM   #494
Hedevar

Quote:
None taken, and thank you.

To answer your question, my thoughts re: Zen....from earlier today:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...&postcount=161

Hopefully that sums it up sufficiently...

We all want to see greatness, whatever form it might take - so long as we're seeing something truly great, not constructed spectacle. We saw it last year, and have all looked forward to seeing it this year: for Rachel, it was another historic year; for Zen, it was a chance to spread her wings and stamp her place in the sport's story.

So far, we've been let down, from all points. Save QR...jury's out on him.

It's the same for every athlete: onward and upward, not sideways and redundant.
I thank you, Esq.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:29 AM   #495
BluegrassProf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimsus
No one, and I mean NO ONE on this forum can throw as much $hit against the wall in hopes of it sticking as you. Congrats again Dumbprof.
St. Trinians is now suddenly mediocre, I wonder were you asleep for the past 3 months when her name was brought up as a possible threat to Rachel and Zenyatta for the Apple Blossom by some...Go back to sleep man, your posts certainly are a yawn...
That's the best ya got? Dumbprof and sh*t-throwing?

Really?

Way to contribute, sweetheart. If you don't like it, ignore the posts...certainly more productive than always making yourself look like such a spaz.

Last edited by BluegrassProf; 06-09-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Closed Thread