Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 12:55 PM   #6121
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Make that VERY VERY embarrassed for you.
Why me? You're the one ducking a very simple question. You clearly don't wish to embarrass yourself with the only absurd, incoherent answer you can give. You don't want to tell us that you have all Time terminating in the Present.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:57 PM   #6122
hcap

If I ask you one question, will you honestly answer it?
Old 04-10-2018, 01:09 PM   #6123
boxcar

Quote:
If I ask you one question, will you honestly answer it?
Absolutely...as soon as you give me your version of the "arrow of Time" --

From the..............Through the..........To the..........
Old 04-10-2018, 01:11 PM   #6124
hcap

Very, very, very embarrassed.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:54 PM   #6125
boxcar

Quote:
Very, very, very embarrassed.
You're the one ducking the question here. But I'm the one who should be embarrassed?
Old 04-11-2018, 12:45 AM   #6126
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
You're the one ducking the question here. But I'm the one who should be embarrassed?
...Again, in one sentence give us your "arrow of time.
We have gone over your ass backwards nonsense a dozen times or more. I explain it to you and usually include links to the Arrow of Time and always invoke causality. Frequently using the phrase "before comes before after" and occasionally link to entropy, sometimes posting an animated image of an egg breaking and ask you to "unbreak the egg". In fact I did most of this, this time as well. However I did not post a link to the arrow of time this time.

Here ya go.

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_of_time

.....The Arrow of Time, or Time's Arrow, is a concept developed in 1927 by the British astronomer Arthur Eddington involving the "one-way direction" or "asymmetry" of time.
Now let me know when you are ready to answer my question? Actually it is brief, but has perhaps 2 or 3 parts confronting your inane inappropriate, non- scientific, non-mathematical BABBLING, using mere word games to muddle the topic. THUSLY:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
... I know that our Tomorrows BECOME our Todays and that our Todays BECOME our Yesterdays. I know this because Time has a CAUSE!
Can you defend this vague assertion or not?
Old 04-11-2018, 02:40 PM   #6127
boxcar

Quote:
We have gone over your ass backwards nonsense a dozen times or more. I explain it to you and usually include links to the Arrow of Time and always invoke causality. Frequently using the phrase "before comes before after" and occasionally link to entropy, sometimes posting an animated image of an egg breaking and ask you to "unbreak the egg". In fact I did most of this, this time as well. However I did not post a link to the arrow of time this time.

Here ya go.

Now let me know when you are ready to answer my question? Actually it is brief, but has perhaps 2 or 3 parts confronting your inane inappropriate, non- scientific, non-mathematical BABBLING, using mere word games to muddle the topic. THUSLY:

Can you defend this vague assertion or not?
You link me to a freakin' dissertation on various modes or types of time arrows?

Just tell us in plain language in ONE short sentence what you think the arrow of time is. This kind of non-answer via a convoluted, twisted, all-but-incomprehensible, complex explanation that you linked us to is typical of a liberal mind. What part of the KISS principle don't you get?

And, yes, I have defended my my CRYSTAL CLEAR assertion. What part of:

Our Tomorrows become our Todays and our Todays become our Yesterdays, is vague? What part of this don't you get?

Or what part of from the Future through the Present to the Past, boggles your mind!?

Or what part of the concept and design of an hourglass that has the "sands of time" flowing from one receptacle-type bulb through a narrow neck that connects the first bulb to the second bulb in which the sand from the first flows into the second?

And you ask me to defend my "vague assertion"? Did you miss my 6108?

The flow of time is intuitively understood. We all think of the Future as being "ahead" of us" and the Past as being "behind: us. And when we think of the Future and Past in this way, we always do that IN THE PRESENT TIME. The Present, therefore, is what makes the Future and the Past distinct from each other and the Present, and the Present itself is what connects us to the Future and to the Past. It connects us to the Future and to the Past because Time is constantly flowing to meet us where we are at. We move in Time and Time moves to meet us but it can only meet us in the Present!

But since you have the Future flowing through the Past to meet us in the Present, then both the Future and the Past are at once "behind" and "ahead" of us. But these are antithetical positions! How can both of these elements of Time at once and in the same sense be behind us and ahead of us? Every single one us thinks of the Future as being ahead of us and the Past as being behind us. So, where, then, MUST the Present be relative to the Future that lies ahead us and to the Past that is receding behind us?
Old 04-11-2018, 05:59 PM   #6128
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
You link me to a freakin' dissertation on various modes or types of time arrows
It is a clear dissertation on the direction of time. Much clearer than all the nonsense you have posted.

I have also explained it to you over and over and over again and over again.

You practice all of these...

deceit
deception
dishonesty
disinformation
distortion
evasion.

There are more synonyms for lying, but I am running out of patience , and too busy right now listening to your cousin bunky, from L.A. arguing with your other cousin bruno from London, eight hours ahead of California, on exactly when each of heir respective cities' "today", becomes each of their cities' "tomorrows".

Your cous' bruno is saying London has always "transformed" quicker from today into tomorrow throughout history, at least since the invention of the clock and time zones.

Bruno also goes on, saying all throughout recorded history, all "yesterdays" Londoners had experienced, had became their new "present" at exactly 12 midnight of each of their past "today's" yesterday, always sooner than poor buky's retarded reckoning.

But wait, bunky is now complaining his watch has stopped and is suggesting they both switch to sundials, cause the sun always goes 'roun da earth no matter what!

Whereas bruno proclaims the earth is flat , so all of this telling time crap must be, and has always been throughout all of unused and used time, moot anyway!

Old 04-11-2018, 07:39 PM   #6129
boxcar

Quote:
It is a clear dissertation on the direction of time. Much clearer than all the nonsense you have posted.

I have also explained it to you over and over and over again and over again.

You practice all of these...

deceit
deception
dishonesty
disinformation
distortion
evasion.

There are more synonyms for lying, but I am running out of patience , and too busy right now listening to your cousin bunky, from L.A. arguing with your other cousin bruno from London, eight hours ahead of California, on exactly when each of heir respective cities' "today", becomes each of their cities' "tomorrows".

Your cous' bruno is saying London has always "transformed" quicker from today into tomorrow throughout history, at least since the invention of the clock and time zones.

Bruno also goes on, saying all throughout recorded history, all "yesterdays" Londoners had experienced, had became their new "present" at exactly 12 midnight of each of their past "today's" yesterday, always sooner than poor buky's retarded reckoning.

But wait, bunky is now complaining his watch has stopped and is suggesting they both switch to sundials, cause the sun always goes 'roun da earth no matter what!

Whereas bruno proclaims the earth is flat , so all of this telling time crap must be, and has always been throughout all of unused and used time, moot anyway!

No you have not explained anything. All you have told us is that the Future flows through the Past. You have never told us where the Present is in your lamebrain scheme. You are the one who is being deceitful by hiding this from us. Where exactly is the Present relative to the Future and the Past in the context of your idiotic theory?

Heck...you have even denied that the Future flows THROUGH the Past. So what does the Future do exactly: An end-around run to circumvent the Past altogether?

And if the linked "dissertation" was so clear, why don't you condense it down for us in a sentence or two? (Rhetorical question since it would be impossible to even begin to make sense of that pseudo-science babble in a such a concise, succinct manner.)

Just tell us plainly what your arrow of time is:

From the....through the ....to the.

Very simple.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:28 PM   #6130
HalvOnHorseracing

All I know is that I'd like to go back to 1995 and empty my bank account on Thunder Gulch.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:34 AM   #6131
hcap

Hey bunky, bruno and box, you guys can not provide any evidence to support your inane word game of....

" I know that our Tomorrows BECOME our Todays and that our Todays BECOME our Yesterdays."

versus

"I know that our Yesterdays BECOME our Todays and that our Todays BECOME our Tomorrows."........

which is absolutely supported by "the Arrow of Time" and Entropy and common sense.

Once again you cannot unbreajk an egg, versus that you can certainly break it.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:52 AM   #6132
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
All I know is that I'd like to go back to 1995 and empty my bank account on Thunder Gulch.
According to box, all you have to do is bet today, assuming you can convince your friendly bookie of his backwards time theory. Your profits will magically appear in your pocket or bank account because you have already read, understood and convinced your earlier self to deposit your profits.

Just so you know the twisted history of this debate, box claims to be a very financially successful handicapper. For over 30 years he bet never using cause and effect, which he denies exists. His method employed Ray Taulbot's principles, evidently contrary to Ray's learning from past performances.

Which I guess he will now deny was how Ray acquired his edge.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:27 AM   #6133
hcap

Bookies from all over the world must be happy to take boxccars' theories to heart. Today, yesterday and tomorrow.

Lining up in 1000's around his block in Swampland.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #6134
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Didn't you ever get the memo on Time: It can only be used once and, then, only in the Present?
Old 04-12-2018, 11:12 AM   #6135
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Didn't you ever get the memo on Time: It can only be used once and, then, only in the Present?
I said.
Quote:
According to box, all you have to do is bet today, assuming you can convince your friendly bookie of his backwards time theory. Your profits will magically appear in your pocket or bank account because you have already read, understood and convinced your earlier self to deposit your profits.
That is a ramification of the "future preceding the past", and satisfies your "meme" which you just made up that "time" can only be used once. Oh wait! You had some mambo-jumbo 'bout used and unused time.

Does your 'cous bruno use his London time before your 'cous bunky's California time?

Last edited by hcap; 04-12-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: