Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-07-2018, 11:30 PM   #76
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
If anyone wants to know most of the Kaepernick story check out my post #7.
I try to avoid the name calling and condescending comments of people expressing different views toward each other. While both sides seem to do it, it seems it is predominately done by the left. It seems the left just loves to call people racist and ignorant at every turn, pretty sad. I have been called ignorant by a handful here & even by my own liberal highly educated girlfriend of 12 years, and a close friend I have known longer than that.

To all of those calling me dumb, I have repeatedly challenged them to an I.Q. test, including my girlfriend and my long term friend I have known for over 30 years, they all backed down.

What's my point you ask? Stop hurling grade school insults, state your case and stand behind it with facts from an unbiased source.
Did you think no one would call you out on that? You've called me dumb repeatedly and condescended too many times with your "knowledge tests". Including in this very post. I'm not making the claim that one side name calls more than the other, but give me a break with the holier than thou act.
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2018, 11:34 PM   #77
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
This whole board leans right due to the demographic of horse players being composed of a high percentage of older males, so what's your point?
I thought my point was pretty clear. Given the amount of grievances I see stated here about the country (same thing Kap is doing), much of it from the right, it doesn't make sense when people say they're angry because he's disrespecting the flag. If Kap took a stand at some other point in the game, during a press conference, on a show, etc those claiming he's disrespecting the flag would be complaining about his stand for some other reason. If you have a problem with what he's doing, great for ya, but don't make it seem like its some principled stand in the name of the country's honor - it's about emotion.

Tom, I wasn't trolling you at all.
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2018, 02:22 PM   #78
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
Did you think no one would call you out on that? You've called me dumb repeatedly and condescended too many times with your "knowledge tests". Including in this very post. I'm not making the claim that one side name calls more than the other, but give me a break with the holier than thou act.
Stop lying, I never called you dumb. Find the post where I called you dumb. Saying someone lacks comparable knowledge in a subject is not calling them dumb. You made claims about possibly having knowledge of the components of autonomous vehicles. I asked you to prove it and all of a sudden you clammed up.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 04-08-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2018, 02:37 PM   #79
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Kaepernick is clearly a better player than RGIII and a host of other QBs that are currently employed by the NFL. I hope he wins his case. A bunch of old, stuffy white guys are keeping him out, and I'm an old, stuff white guy.
Like I have posted before, he has done a lot more than kneel for the anthem.
Even while in uniform at practice he wore socks depicting cops as pigs. Let me asked you this, if you were a business owner how would you feel if an employee, while on the clock and in the company uniform was making political statements without asking for your approval first? Explain how what Kaepernick did is any different than a Denny's waitress wearing a "Vote for Trump" button?
Old 04-09-2018, 09:28 AM   #80
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Like I have posted before, he has done a lot more than kneel for the anthem.
Even while in uniform at practice he wore socks depicting cops as pigs. Let me asked you this, if you were a business owner how would you feel if an employee, while on the clock and in the company uniform was making political statements without asking for your approval first? Explain how what Kaepernick did is any different than a Denny's waitress wearing a "Vote for Trump" button?
Plenty of others did the same stuff this past year and are still employed, including a few stars. The NFL has let people convicted of killing others play (Josh Brent, Donte Stallworth). But this is somehow unforgivable?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2018, 09:32 AM   #81
tucker6

Quote:
Plenty of others did the same stuff this past year and are still employed, including a few stars. The NFL has let people convicted of killing others play (Josh Brent, Donte Stallworth). But this is somehow unforgivable?
You know as well as I do that it has nothing to do with morals. It has to do with money. Donte Stallworth didn't cost his team and the league at large money. Domestic violence started costing the league, so they started dealing with it harshly. Same and even more so for the kneeling. The league is dealing with it one player at a time, starting with Kaepernick.

The unforgivable part was in costing the league money. Everything else can be forgiven.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2018, 10:06 AM   #82
Inner Dirt

Quote:
You don't see any difference between what Kaepernick did compared to Brent and Stallworth? The long list of what Kaepernick has done is 100% deliberate while of sound mind and body. The other two got behind a wheel of a car while impaired when they should not have. Those DUI's do not define who they are, what Kaepernick does defines him, big difference.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:16 AM   #83
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
You know as well as I do that it has nothing to do with morals. It has to do with money. Donte Stallworth didn't cost his team and the league at large money. Domestic violence started costing the league, so they started dealing with it harshly. Same and even more so for the kneeling. The league is dealing with it one player at a time, starting with Kaepernick.

The unforgivable part was in costing the league money. Everything else can be forgiven.
I agree, of course that is the reason. But now guys are doing the same exact thing and are allowed to get away with it.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #84
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
You don't see any difference between what Kaepernick did compared to Brent and Stallworth? The long list of what Kaepernick has done is 100% deliberate while of sound mind and body. The other two got behind a wheel of a car while impaired when they should not have. Those DUI's do not define who they are, what Kaepernick does defines him, big difference.
Wow, ok. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Going out and getting sloshed without a plan in place is inexcusable to me. I can't believe you think they should be forgiven but not a guy's sock choice. Whatever man.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:26 AM   #85
tucker6

Quote:
Those DUI's definitely define who they are.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:33 AM   #86
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Quote:
Wow, ok. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Going out and getting sloshed without a plan in place is inexcusable to me. I can't believe you think they should be forgiven but not a guy's sock choice. Whatever man.
I think it is real stupid to drink and drive, especially if you are an NFL player that could afford to have a limo cart him around 24-7. The deal is I am pretty sure 1/2 the people or more in this country have at least once got behind the wheel of a car when they had a few too many. That does not make it right, but many a fan looks at Brent and Stallworth and says "That could have been me.", so they will give them a second chance.

As far as calling "pig socks" just a sock choice, would it be just a sock choice if a white player had socks with swastikas on them?
Old 04-09-2018, 01:24 PM   #87
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Those DUI's definitely define who they are.
So you never got behind the wheel of a vehicle after a few too many and got away with it? Go back to High School and College parties and think real hard. Once again, that doesn't make it right, just a stupid mistake that is very common.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 04-09-2018 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:57 AM   #88
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
I thought my point was pretty clear. Given the amount of grievances I see stated here about the country (same thing Kap is doing), much of it from the right, it doesn't make sense when people say they're angry because he's disrespecting the flag. If Kap took a stand at some other point in the game, during a press conference, on a show, etc those claiming he's disrespecting the flag would be complaining about his stand for some other reason. If you have a problem with what he's doing, great for ya, but don't make it seem like its some principled stand in the name of the country's honor - it's about emotion.

Tom, I wasn't trolling you at all.
It is obvious Kap is going about it all wrong. He needs to start a class action suit (with all minority players past and present) against the NFL, and instead asking for dollar damages, just demand the whole darn thing. The NFL, teams, grandstand leases, television rights, .....
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2018, 11:54 AM   #89
tucker6

Quote:
So you never got behind the wheel of a vehicle after a few too many and got away with it? Go back to High School and College parties and think real hard. Once again, that doesn't make it right, just a stupid mistake that is very common.
Yes I have, and it helps define who I am. I make mistakes. Both our successes and failures define us, whether caught or not.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:13 PM   #90
upthecreek

Conscience award? LOL

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: