Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #16
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Let's see...they break this bill out all funky...

There's Delivery and System charges plus Power Supply Charges plus Efficiency & Renewable Charges...

But when all is said and done, my bill for the last 30 days is $128.20 for 673 KWH, which translates to $.19/KWH....quite the premium when compared to others here...and we pay all that, and then get such excellent emergency response service in times of crisis, such as recently with Hurricane Sandy, where it took weeks to restore service to a lot of people here on Long Island...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #17
lsbets

I keep it at 78 in the summer and 72 in the winter. I'd keep it lower in the winter, but that wouldn't fly with the wife. We are about 3200 sqft. The high ceilings are a killer. Living room ceiling goes straight to the roof on second floor, sucks up heat and makes cooling work hard. The other problem I have is kids. They don't know how to turn a light off when they leave a room and playing outside means going in and out every five minutes. Plus my windows suck. If I got new windows my bill would go down. The hail storm from the tornado in the spring got me a new roof and two new hvac units outside, but the windows were all fine.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

78 in the summer wouldn't fly with me...lol

I keep it 72-74 in summer and 65-67 in winter...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #19
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
78 in the summer wouldn't fly with me...lol

I keep it 72-74 in summer and 65-67 in winter...
78 feels pretty good when its always over 100. Anything less is cold.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #20
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets
78 feels pretty good when its always over 100. Anything less is cold.
Totally agree. Aanything lower on a hot day feels like you walked into a freezer. But a lot of people here (north Tx) wind it down to 74 or so....

You're right about women wanting it more cool in summer, warm in winter. Kids too. My brother had his house at 60 in the winter, 70-72 in the summer. His 2nd wife objected...., his 3rd wife won the tug o war. She's in control of the thermostat. He had to give up the thermostat to get the good-good. Those were the terms I'm told.

TXU is going to go bankrupt at some point, but I doubt it'll have much affect on rates. You can always switch, and besides, another company will pick up their customers. Ed Wallace had some good articles on TXU not long ago
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #21
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Let's see...they break this bill out all funky...

There's Delivery and System charges plus Power Supply Charges plus Efficiency & Renewable Charges...

But when all is said and done, my bill for the last 30 days is $128.20 for 673 KWH, which translates to $.19/KWH....quite the premium when compared to others here...and we pay all that, and then get such excellent emergency response service in times of crisis, such as recently with Hurricane Sandy, where it took weeks to restore service to a lot of people here on Long Island...
My bill used to have those charges rolled up into my bill until recently. $26 of the October charges were delivery charges etc. The charge for electricity was $56 IIRC.....We had a very mild October so that's unusually low
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #22
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
You're right about women wanting it more cool in summer, warm in winter. Kids too. My brother had his house at 60 in the winter, 70-72 in the summer. His 2nd wife objected...., his 3rd wife won the tug o war. She's in control of the thermostat. He had to give up the thermostat to get the good-good. Those were the terms I'm told.
Even worse is pregnant women. Thermostat is all over the place and never how I want it. There were many nights throughout the 3 (I got to miss one pregnancy, not a bad thing at all) where she would be under the sheets and cover with the heat way up, and I'm laying on top of the sheets in my underwear sweating my ass off in January.

Quote:
Totally agree. Aanything lower on a hot day feels like you walked into a freezer. But a lot of people here (north Tx) wind it down to 74 or so....
Offices are terrible with that in the summer. You almost need to put pants on instead of shorts walking in.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #23
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Got a new bill yesterday. Add all the charges etc

.09 per kwh this month

3400 sq feet , used 1650 kwh.

I have two separate heating n cooling systems one for upstairs one for down.

Still about 4-5 cents an hour less than MD.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #24
Marshall Bennett

Paying 11 cents KWH here in Livingston, Tx.

Last edited by Marshall Bennett; 11-20-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: