Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #46
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShoe
Thanks for the candid comments about the Arizona sites, they pretty much confirm what I have been able to gather from other sources.
Aside from that, I do think you'd probably like Arizona, particularly northern Arizona. I know that you are familiar with the Daily Courier website... you can read some of the letters and comments beneath... we have LOTTSA' locals that are diligently on the lookout for Marxists, Commies, and consider California the epicenter of all that is wrong with the country.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #47
BlueShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Aside from that, I do think you'd probably like Arizona, particularly northern Arizona. I know that you are familiar with the Daily Courier website.
Not northern AZ, do not like Flag, but rather central. Prescott, Payson, and the Verde Valley are main interests. Liked Clarkdale and next Cottonwood there. Consider the Courier pretty useless for info. A very good site for basic info and active forums on virtually any city of any size in the USA is this one:
www.city-data.com/
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #48
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Not northern AZ, do not like Flag, but rather central. Prescott, Payson, and the Verde Valley are main interests....
Yeah, we here in the Prescott area are considered "northern" AZ by most of the state because the PHX dwellers like to consider themselves as the center of the state. The area between Mayer and Prescott is just about perfect and where I am for the most part. Hot is 95 degrees and cold is 30 degrees. Flagstaff gets actual cold and snow, whereas we just get some seasonal variation, which having lived in the northeast for a long time, is the perfect compromise. But Flag is an awfully nice place, like Sedona, and is less than an hour jaunt up the highway. Likewise, heading to Phoenix for the races or whatever is equally easy and convenient. You can live outside of the two extremes, while never so far away that you can't enjoy the benefits with an easy trip. I'm quite happy with the liefstyle and culture, even though I was raised completely differently.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #49
BlueShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Yeah, we here in the Prescott area are considered "northern" AZ by most of the state because the PHX dwellers like to consider themselves as the center of the state.
For those of us that have an interest in geography and are strict on details, a quick check of any good Arizona map will show Prescott to right smack dab in the center of the state. Even Flagstaff is not all that northern, it is a long way north to the Utah border.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #50
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
For those of us that have an interest in geography and are strict on details, a quick check of any good Arizona map will show Prescott to right smack dab in the center of the state. Even Flagstaff is not all that northern, it is a long way north to the Utah border.
I know what you mean. We just get used to being called "the north". I go to Turf about once a week and I field the same question over and over about what the weather is doing in the north. I just meant to clarify that by north, I meant pretty much everything above Phoenix outskirts. People in Tucson think we are on the Alaska border.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #51
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
Any serious suggestions on affordable, conservative, relatively safe areas to relocate ?

Blue states are out.
Alaska !
Old 11-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #52
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
A subset of homosexuals are pedophiles - a small percentage of Priests have shown us that. (Of course a subset of straights are pedophiles as well.)

My point is that your sweeping blanket statement about being so tolerant looks stupid when we start looking at the realities of specific situations.
Tolerance of sexual orientation has to have some boundaries, as does tolerance of some religious practices.

Your problem is that you come to this board not to discuss issues, but to snipe at people who are discussing issues.
I was simply testing where your boundaries end.
Obviously you reject pedophilia as do I and most of the board members here.
Thank God.
But in your earlier statement you are rejecting the boundaries set by others re: homosexuality and in that sense you are guilty of the same intolerance that you are accusing them of.
Unfortunately, you don't get that.
This is dumb, even for this room. Congrats!

Your problem is you try WAY too hard to look smart. Probably goes with old age. Oh well.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #53
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698

Your problem is you try WAY too hard to look smart. Probably goes with old age. Oh well.
What room you talkin about, a closet.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #54
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698

dahoss - you really make a fool of yourself when you post- why not move on?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #55
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
A subset of homosexuals are pedophiles - a small percentage of Priests have shown us that. (Of course a subset of straights are pedophiles as well.)

My point is that your sweeping blanket statement about being so tolerant looks stupid when we start looking at the realities of specific situations.
Tolerance of sexual orientation has to have some boundaries, as does tolerance of some religious practices.

Your problem is that you come to this board not to discuss issues, but to snipe at people who are discussing issues.
I was simply testing where your boundaries end.
Obviously you reject pedophilia as do I and most of the board members here.
Thank God.
But in your earlier statement you are rejecting the boundaries set by others re: homosexuality and in that sense you are guilty of the same intolerance that you are accusing them of.
Unfortunately, you don't get that.
Im no expert on this stuff, but isnt pedophilia and sexuality two different things?

You say a subset of straights are also pedophiles, but what if those straights dont have access to young girls? What happens then? Do they just not act on their pedo instincts, or do they go out and put themselves in a position to be around young boys?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #56
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Im no expert on this stuff, but isnt pedophilia and sexuality two different things?

You say a subset of straights are also pedophiles, but what if those straights dont have access to young girls? What happens then? Do they just not act on their pedo instincts, or do they go out and put themselves in a position to be around young boys?
It's like watching a fishing show........the lure slowly being pulled across the top of the water
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #57
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
It's like watching a fishing show........the lure slowly being pulled across the top of the water
Brilliant!

Thanks JustRalph, you made my day with that one.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #58
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup

Maybe Mother Thum and her four daughters?
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #59
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:

Maybe Mother Thum and her four daughters?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #60
Hoofhearted
Work Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
Any serious suggestions on affordable, conservative, relatively safe areas to relocate ?
Blue states are out.
"Oh give me a home
Where the K.K.K. roam,
Where the Reps and the Militia's play.
Where never is heard,
A Democrat word,
And the Gays are not "out there" all day."

(With acknowledgment to the composers of "Home On the Range").

Last edited by Hoofhearted; 11-10-2012 at 05:42 AM.
Hoofhearted is offline   Reply With Quote Reply