Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #46
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo96
I think I'll Have Another would have bounced. I think the connections thought that too.
cosmos96 - You think that's a reason to scratch in this race?? Come back to Planet Earth.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #47
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
cosmos96 - You think that's a reason to scratch in this race?? Come back to Planet Earth.
No, let him go. Another Cosmos96 will come along before you know it. We don't need more than one at a time anyway.

His comment did leave me speechless though.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #48
elysiantraveller

I buy the injury and the scratch. No sense sending the horse on a 1 1/2 mile trip hurt.

I don't buy the need to be retired over it.

There is a difference between being injured and lame.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #49
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
Is anyone listening to Mike Francesa on WFAN in NY, or watching on YES? I missed everything he had to say, other than he had his "suspicions" about what went on with IHA.. did anyone hear what he specifically said?
I was able to hear some of Francesa's later comments.. basically he said that he had "heard" from other trainers that O'Neill wasn't even training IHA at Belmont, and that once they knew they'd be relocated to the detention barn, and O'Neill would be unable to "treat" IHA, they knew he wouldn't be running.

So I guess it's just what all the other conspiracy theorists were saying. Apparently O'Neill contacted Francesa and requested to be on Tuesday's show to clear the air.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #50
tucker6

Quote:
I was able to hear some of Francesa's later comments.. basically he said that he had "heard" from other trainers that O'Neill wasn't even training IHA at Belmont, and that once they knew they'd be relocated to the detention barn, and O'Neill would be unable to "treat" IHA, they knew he wouldn't be running.

So I guess it's just what all the other conspiracy theorists were saying. Apparently O'Neill contacted Francesa and requested to be on Tuesday's show to clear the air.
Maybe he wasn't training IHA because he had a hurt tendon. Couldn't be that though. That would make O'Neill legit. Let's call it drugs and ruin the sport even more. Yeah, that's it. Idiots.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #51
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
I buy the injury and the scratch. No sense sending the horse on a 1 1/2 mile trip hurt.

There is a difference between being injured and lame.
I said after the Preakness that if he won Belmont, that we'd see him seldomly the remainder of the year to protect the asset. Who knew I was being aggressive with that prediction? Pretty soon, they'll retire KD champions, or heaven forbid, maiden winners.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #52
GARY Z
gary z

cconspiracy theory

jeez, I'm dizzy listening to all of this

Y'all ought to go to the backstretch and have a milk shake
GARY Z is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #53
nijinski

[QUOTE=elysiantraveller]I buy the injury and the scratch. No sense sending the horse on a 1 1/2 mile trip hurt.

There is a difference between being injured and lame.[/QUOTE

With Tendon and or ligament injuries , they don't always come back the same . I wouldn't want to see him come back subpar .
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #54
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijinski
With Tendon and or ligament injuries , they don't always come back the same . I wouldn't want to see him come back subpar .
Yes, lets just whisk another star away to the breeding shed... thats a much better alternative.

I get that he may never come back but the decision to retire him... I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation...
Old 06-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #55
Grits

Quote:
Yes, lets just whisk another star away to the breeding shed... thats a much better alternative.

I get that he may never come back but the decision to retire him... I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation...
You don't own the animal. You haven't paid his trainer, his board, his entry fees, his shipping costs, his feed, his vet bills or anything else that pertains to his racing or his well being. When you have--you have the right to tell someone else what to do with their investment and their money.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #56
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
You don't own the animal. You haven't paid his trainer, his board, his entry fees, his shipping costs, his feed, his vet bills or anything else that pertains to his racing or his well being. When you have--you have the right to tell someone else what to do with their investment and their money.
Wow... sorry I shared an opinion on a message board.

Are you glad he is retired? Yes or No?

Its not like I got on and MF'ed any of the connections. Next time you share a opinion on the handling of a horse, on a horse-racing board, hopefully someone will point out that you don't in fact own the horse in question...

ET out...
Old 06-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #57
nijinski

Quote:

I'm glad you don't own him. They are doing the right thing .
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #58
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
Moronic. So you are saying it was a cover up for a drug positive. Let's see, press all over the place, many, many people who would have been involved with the drug test and many others with the vet work that was done on him friday morning. And management directing the whole thing? Why wouldn't they just cover up the drug positive and let him run then if they were in the business of a coverup? Would have been less people involved, thus making the conspiracy "easier" to cover up. Would have been even better for business if that's all they care about. Oh wait, it was all part of the NY conspiracy to not allow a horse from CA to win.

My favorite conspiracy was the one that said NYRA knew that he was going to scratch well before hand so they canceled the beverage koozie give away on Friday that featured the horse. Well, if you want to believe that I might be able to get ahold of around 10,000 misprinted Kozies to sell you....

Is life so boring for people that they have to make up crap like this for their lives to have meaning?
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2012, 11:49 PM   #59
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Wow...
I hear you

I think there are two perspectives here - the fan and lover of the sport who hates to not see the best horses at least go through all the big 3yo races , and at least 1 season as an older horse...

and then there is the logical perspective that would do the same thing in business unless money were really of no object.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #60
westny

Quote:

I listened to Francesca's show today and heard his comments which were about what you posted. He agreed with the conspiracy theorists calling into his show.

Even more disturbing was Francesca's "interview" with Joe Drape last Wednesday. Francesca agree with EVERY comment Drape made...Drape basically regurgitated his Times articles on drugs and NY racing. It was on YES TV and I thought Francesca was going to "kiss" Drape. He was fawning over every word and repeating it back.

I have listened to Francesca for years..and his monumental ego turns-off alot of people,but his ignorance about racing, a sport I follow closely, makes me wonder about his veracity in general. For someone who owns/owned race horses, Francesca surely has some distorted perceptions.

I'm glad ONeill is going on Francesca's show to refute these conspiracy theories. I believe IHA has a tendon injury. Who is going to send a horse into the biggest race of his life with a bad leg?
westny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply