Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-25-2018, 04:48 PM   #31
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Oaklawn Park!! Where the SUN ALWAYS SHINES.
Not this year it didn't...place was waterlogged if I remember correctly...
Old 06-25-2018, 04:56 PM   #32
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Not this year it didn't...place was waterlogged if I remember correctly...
Sure it was. Shining brightly behind ALL THE DAMN CLOUDS.

We went a calendar month without running a race on a track listed fast.

AMAZING job by our entire track maintenance crew to keep the track playable and safe.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:42 PM   #33
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
What does KEE think of Oaklawn extending into their season? Lobby management to lower take 1-2% across the board and know one will touch Oaklawn in the spring.
Hot Springs is a "racing town". They also have fantastic track attendance.

Not a whole lot that would change that IMHO.

I can't even imagine a "no one will touch Oaklawn" meet even if I employ some kinda conspiracy theory.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2018, 05:45 PM   #34
clicknow

Quote:
Thanks.

Went well. Bankroll went from $2000 to $14,406. Good for 2nd Prize money of $6,500. Also won a transferable entry to the Pegasus World Cup worth $12,000.
Wow, and congrats. That's quite a nice day.

What is the viewership of TVG2 these days? Just curious, I don't use TV anymore since I really liked HRTV.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2018, 06:47 PM   #35
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Wow, and congrats. That's quite a nice day.

What is the viewership of TVG2 these days? Just curious, I don't use TV anymore since I really liked HRTV.
I'm not sure but will try to find out. Neither channel is on my cable system. I watch it on Roku.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:43 PM   #36
MacTavish

Best wishes to you, Vic. I've always enjoyed your calls and your commentary.

Mick
MacTavish is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2018, 07:55 PM   #37
RunForTheRoses

I remember about two years ago Vic was in a Keeneland contest and his method of preparation is to watch the horses races and make comments (plus TG). He posted his notes here, very interesting. That would be cool if he could do that (hint hint) for a track this weekend.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2018, 08:14 PM   #38
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
I remember about two years ago Vic was in a Keeneland contest and his method of preparation is to watch the horses races and make comments (plus TG). He posted his notes here, very interesting. That would be cool if he could do that (hint hint) for a track this weekend.
I did that this year for the two days of the Belmont contest. They are available to review at www.vicstauffer.com

Here's a question the PA brethren I think would be well qualified to answer.

Do you think if I made my trip notes available for purchase there would be a market?

And if so, what would be a fair price to charge?

Please don't bother suggesting I publish selections. That's NEVER going to happen.

But as a handicapping tool. Please take a look at the material on the website and let me know what you think.

It would be only for New York and Southern California each racing day.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2018, 08:19 PM   #39
Afleet

Quote:
Actually we didn't extend our season. We adjusted the dates to start later in Jan. and finish further into the spring. As for your opinion that "no one will touch Oaklawn in the spring" I couldn't disagree more. Our field sizes are #1 in North America and the quality of horses who compete is elite.

We're very excited, for the first time, to be able to offer our fans live racing in conjunction with the Kentucky Derby simulcast.

Oaklawn Park!! Where the SUN ALWAYS SHINES.
That was worded poorly on my part. I meant there will be a competition for horses now that Oaklawn runs later than normal into KEE and CD meets. I'm a huge OP supporter. I go there every year multiple times.
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2018, 10:22 PM   #40
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I did that this year for the two days of the Belmont contest. They are available to review at www.vicstauffer.com

Do you think if I made my trip notes available for purchase there would be a market?

Please don't bother suggesting I publish selections. That's NEVER going to happen.

But as a handicapping tool. Please take a look at the material on the website and let me know what you think.

Thanks
Oh, NOW I get it...
Old 06-25-2018, 10:34 PM   #41
GMB@BP

Quote:

Thanks
I have thought of this endeavor, and thought there would be some real value in it because having done trip notes for many meets its just time consuming.

Also I thought I was so so doing it on a grand scale, much better in isolated cases where I see something that is a point for me to bet back in the next race.

The issue though is that one person's trouble may not be the next persons, and the type of trouble that is profitable takes the most amount of understanding, everyone sees the obvious. Would the purchaser even know exactly what you are saying, unless you are telling them "BET this horse next time", which is less trip notes and more spot plays.

Now with quality pace figures readily available its also hard to even use pace type trips and get any real value.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2018, 11:42 PM   #42
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I have thought of this endeavor, and thought there would be some real value in it because having done trip notes for many meets its just time consuming.

Also I thought I was so so doing it on a grand scale, much better in isolated cases where I see something that is a point for me to bet back in the next race.

The issue though is that one person's trouble may not be the next persons, and the type of trouble that is profitable takes the most amount of understanding, everyone sees the obvious. Would the purchaser even know exactly what you are saying, unless you are telling them "BET this horse next time", which is less trip notes and more spot plays.

Now with quality pace figures readily available its also hard to even use pace type trips and get any real value.
I completely disagree with your last sentence. IMO those two have little to do with each other and can be very effective independently.

As for my analysis. Sure I understand my opinion will be subjective. All opinions are.

One thing I want to make clear. I wouldn't be writing about a chart. But the PP's when the horses are entered back.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:09 AM   #43
dilanesp

Quote:

Thanks
Back when you called the races at Hollywood Park your calls were as good as anyone's trip notes.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 12:15 AM   #44
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Back when you called the races at Hollywood Park your calls were as good as anyone's trip notes.
That's nice of you to say. I miss Hollywood Park very much. Still heartbroken.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:09 AM   #45
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

I remember reading Jerry Antonucci's selections in the Orange County Register newspaper for years....his daily entries included a brief one line comment on the last race of each horse (if I am remembering correctly) there used to be a number also so one could look up the race also...
https://www.nationalracemasters.com/...Antonucci.html
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply