Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-16-2018, 07:58 PM   #1
DerbyJackpot

Belmont Stakes Odds

Bovada Odds

My pick right now My Boy Jack is at +800. Feel he'll be bet down to around 3/1 at post.
DerbyJackpot is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2018, 10:03 PM   #2
davew

most of the time, my futures bets don't even start and when they do they have better live odds than I pre-bet
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2018, 11:40 PM   #3
DerbyJackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
most of the time, my futures bets don't even start and when they do they have better live odds than I pre-bet
Yea that drives me nuts lol. I did amazing on Nyquist Future Derby. Last time I came out smelling like a rose on a Future in horse racing...

Put a few hundred on My Boy Jack. No way he is over 3/1 at post. There is no way. He'll be 2nd favorite.
DerbyJackpot is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2018, 11:29 AM   #4
Immortal6

Don't like MBJ at a mile and a half but if you do you're correct in that he is good value at 8-1. He and Audible will be co second favorites IF Justify wins the Preakness and runs in the Belmont. I think both of those horses will be about 9/2.

My picks would be on Vino Rosso and Blended Citizen, but there isn't enough value there for me to place a futures wager, plus the unknown of knowing if they'll even end up running in the race. Both those horses should go off at around 12 or 15-1.

All in all if you were going to place a future wager on any of the above, you'd better hope that Justify has a setback and doesn't run in the Belmont...otherwise those Bovada prices are about what you'll see the day of the Belmont imo.
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 08:36 AM   #5
Thomas Roulston

I would assume that this is a UK-based site based on the four horses listed at "double carpet" (33-1).
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 09:01 AM   #6
reckless
Veteran

With Justify running for the Triple Crown now, what are the odds of the following:

(1) the actual chances that Audible even runs in the Belmont;

(2) if the owners actually what him to run (unlikely, imo), what are the chances that Audible will actually run to win the race as opposed to running for second?

Win Star, et al, have more to gain with a Triple Crown winning stallion prospect than they do with a nice horse such as Audible winning, that's for sure.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 09:07 AM   #7
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
With Justify running for the Triple Crown now, what are the odds of the following:

(1) the actual chances that Audible even runs in the Belmont;

(2) if the owners actually what him to run (unlikely, imo), what are the chances that Audible will actually run to win the race as opposed to running for second?

Win Star, et al, have more to gain with a Triple Crown winning stallion prospect than they do with a nice horse such as Audible winning, that's for sure.
yesterday's race was quite a race with Chad Browns horse running putting it all on the line on the pace with Baffert's horse.

this says a lot for Chad Brown, when he's got a horse in the race, he don't care about second, he's in it to win it. any horse racing fan has to love the way the Preakness was run yesterday.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 09:58 AM   #8
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
yesterday's race was quite a race with Chad Browns horse running putting it all on the line on the pace with Baffert's horse.

this says a lot for Chad Brown, when he's got a horse in the race, he don't care about second, he's in it to win it. any horse racing fan has to love the way the Preakness was run yesterday.
Wasn't his strategy. He was pissed about the ride and called Ortiz out publicly. See related thread.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #9
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

except he blasted the rider for those very tactics saying "that was not our plan"
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 01:19 PM   #10
Rico8812

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyJackpot View Post
Yea that drives me nuts lol. I did amazing on Nyquist Future Derby. Last time I came out smelling like a rose on a Future in horse racing...

Put a few hundred on My Boy Jack. No way he is over 3/1 at post. There is no way. He'll be 2nd favorite.
Betting closers in the Belmont Stakes is a sucker bet.
Rico8812 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 01:31 PM   #11
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico8812 View Post
Betting closers in the Belmont Stakes is a sucker bet.

True. Summer Bird, Birdstone, Jazil, Creator, Drosselmeyer, and Lemon Drop Kid were all awful wagers.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 02:10 PM   #12
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
True. Summer Bird, Birdstone, Jazil, Creator, Drosselmeyer, and Lemon Drop Kid were all awful wagers.
I think the better statements is that really well backed Derby horses who made big moves in the Derby on collapsing paces are generally underlays in the Belmont.

Ice Box would be a perfect example. Orb another one.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:26 PM   #13
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I think the better statements is that really well backed Derby horses who made big moves in the Derby on collapsing paces are generally underlays in the Belmont.

Ice Box would be a perfect example. Orb another one.

Didn't bet either one of those losers. Not sure I'm following along with the logic of losing horses.

Closers can win the Belmont. They have and will continue to do so. Not sure why people have such an affinity to deny that fact.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 02:34 PM   #14
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Didn't bet either one of those losers. Not sure I'm following along with the logic of losing horses.

Closers can win the Belmont. They have and will continue to do so. Not sure why people have such an affinity to deny that fact.
I dont disagree, its this kind of statement though

"did you see that horse close in the Derby, with some traffic issues, and that gallop out as well, he is going to love the Belmont"

ie, Hofburg in three weeks. When that horse walks onto the track at 7/2 no one should be surprised, and regardless if he wins he is a bad bet around those odds. Same goes for My Boy Jack but I feel like he will be more like 5/1 third choice............could be a big gap after those two.

I am assuming Audible does not run.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:46 PM   #15
Fightingirish51195

A closer could win the Belmont for sure. But the race generally favors horses closer to the pace
Fightingirish51195 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: