Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:19 PM   #31
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I am a Trump "doubter"...just as I've doubted the rhetoric of ALL the candidates for public office. I am a "doubter"...because history has shown that candidates will LIE in order to get elected...and that, once elected, the general rule is that their pre-election campaign promises are quickly forgotten.
I would change lie to self-delusion (i.e., lying to yourself). Obama, at least once, said that he believed his own bullshit. I think that is true of most candidates of either party. In the modern era, your ego has to "yugely" override your grasp of reality in general and the government in particular to think that you can single-handedly implement hope and change or make America great again.

Obama and Trump have some major characteristics in common as candidates. Both were elected as faith-based candidates by a true-believer voter base. And both had little to no experience in government administration or knowledge of the day to day workings of the federal government. Both had great faith in their own ability to accomplish goals by shear strength of personality.

Trump already backed off some of his pre-primary promises, down-sizing them or calling them "suggestions". He will never admit breaking any promises, but will blame anyone and everyone for his inability to achieve them.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:20 PM   #32
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
You seem to post all day here. Please do me a favor. Go find the post where I stated Trump would be a great POTUS, or anything that would color me a believer in Trump's ability to be a great POTUS

Truth is, I live in the moment and make of it what I can. If I sat on a keyboard and whined and posted constant negative shit about the realities of life (HINT, HINT, thask), then I'd have a hard time cracking a smile or living a decent life

BTW, I'm smiling ear to ear as I type

I'm off to a work appointment, then taking the wife to a nice dinner. That should allow you enough time to provide the post to back your claim. Good luck!
Friend...you could be smiling ear-to-ear as you type...but you still appear a lot angrier than me. You made derogatory comments about the "Trump doubters"...so, that must make you a "Trump believer"...NO?
Old 01-19-2017, 02:27 PM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
You seem to post all day here. Please do me a favor. Go find the post where I stated Trump would be a great POTUS, or anything that would color me a believer in Trump's ability to be a great POTUS

Truth is, I live in the moment and make of it what I can. If I sat on a keyboard and whined and posted constant negative shit about the realities of life (HINT, HINT, thask), then I'd have a hard time cracking a smile or living a decent life

BTW, I'm smiling ear to ear as I type

I'm off to a work appointment, then taking the wife to a nice dinner. That should allow you enough time to provide the post to back your claim. Good luck!
I know it might seem I'm picking on you, but I must point out again, you're steering this into a personal thing with thaskalos...did I miss where he went after you personally?

Maybe I'm as bad a moderator as some would have me believe...
Old 01-19-2017, 03:13 PM   #34
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
I would change lie to self-delusion (i.e., lying to yourself). Obama, at least once, said that he believed his own bullshit. I think that is true of most candidates of either party. In the modern era, your ego has to "yugely" override your grasp of reality in general and the government in particular to think that you can single-handedly implement hope and change or make America great again.

Obama and Trump have some major characteristics in common as candidates. Both were elected as faith-based candidates by a true-believer voter base. And both had little to no experience in government administration or knowledge of the day to day workings of the federal government. Both had great faith in their own ability to accomplish goals by shear strength of personality.

Trump already backed off some of his pre-primary promises, down-sizing them or calling them "suggestions". He will never admit breaking any promises, but will blame anyone and everyone for his inability to achieve them.
Obama never really tried to work with Congress and used executive orders (with his superior constitutional law background). Trump will easily reverse those executive orders.

After 8 years, 0bama's greatest speech involved saying something like 'What's Trump going to do, wave his magic wand?' Well, something was done as Carrier decided not to completely close and move all jobs across the border.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #35
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail
The 45th President Donald J Trump will strive to be the best President in our life time.
He probably is a good choice for President for these times. That's not saying much for the state of this nation.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:33 PM   #36
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
Well, something was done as Carrier decided not to completely close and move all jobs across the border.
Trump won the PR battle on that one, good for a day or two of good press.

UTX (Carrier's parent) was the YUGE winner in the art of that deal. UTX has billions of dollars annually in defense contracts, which now have the Trump Seal of Approval. No midnight tweet-bashing about those contracts.

Carrier kept 720 jobs here out of 2200, moving the rest to Mexico. Carrier of Mexico now has the Trump Seal of Approval on its Mexican operations and its imports into the US. Trump can't very well tweet-bash jobs he agreed to move out of the country. Carrier of Indiana also got $7 million in government funding which it announced will be used to automate that plant and lay off more workers. This is a big competitive advantage Carrier's US competitors didn't get. The Carrier operations are small potatoes to UTX. They are sitting fat and happy right now.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:39 PM   #37
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Trump won the PR battle on that one, good for a day or two of good press.

UTX (Carrier's parent) was the YUGE winner in the art of that deal. UTX has billions of dollars annually in defense contracts, which now have the Trump Seal of Approval. No midnight tweet-bashing about those contracts.

Carrier kept 720 jobs here out of 2200, moving the rest to Mexico. Carrier of Mexico now has the Trump Seal of Approval on its Mexican operations and its imports into the US. Trump can't very well tweet-bash jobs he agreed to move out of the country. Carrier of Indiana also got $7 million in government funding which it announced will be used to automate that plant and lay off more workers. This is a big competitive advantage Carrier's US competitors didn't get. The Carrier operations are small potatoes to UTX. They are sitting fat and happy right now.
Thank you, Clocker . You're the voice of reason around here. You'd be a good moderator.

Last edited by jk3521; 01-19-2017 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:48 PM   #38
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
You're the voice of reason around here.
That's scary. I feel a sudden need for a safe space.

P.S. To cut off the Trumpites in advance, I still believe that Trump is preferable to Hillary. But Trump is still an unknown and unproven, and it's all still talk. I prefer to wait and see some results.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:57 PM   #39
so.cal.fan

"Do not confuse the “Trump Revolution” with Trump himself. The people are sick and tired of the same old nonsense. Trump just so happened to be there at the right time. This is a revolution of the people — not Trump! I have stated many times that if Trump did anything out of line or unconstitutional, I would call him out in a second. Trump did something really amazing that I would have thought was impossible. He effectively ran as a third party candidate from within the Republican Party. He altered the party and they still do not respect that. My inside sources say the Republicans think they just have to train him. They are not looking at why he won any more than the Democrats are." Martin Armstrong
Old 01-19-2017, 04:09 PM   #40
pondman

Just moved a big chunk into Vanguards for one of the best economies in the history of the US. Many of you will have your disabilities cut, so we probably won't be reading your stuff in the future.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:19 PM   #41
Nitro

Quote:
That's scary. I feel a sudden need for a safe space.

P.S. To cut off the Trumpites in advance, I still believe that Trump is preferable to Hillary. But Trump is still an unknown and unproven, and it's all still talk. I prefer to wait and see some results.
Those of you who are still a bit skeptical about Trump’s commitment to the American people apparently can’t distinguish between a seasoned (do nothing) politician and a successful (proactive) businessman. There’s huge difference! I believe Trump’s motivation to accomplish his agenda is based entirely on improving the lives of all Americans. Fortunately, he’s the last person to make any decision based on “Political Correctness”.

I predict that his efforts in attempting to “drain the swamp” will meet with resistance from both parties.
I know one thing for sure: He will hold everyone in his administration accountable and those in Congress will have to answer directly to the American people should they decide to play the politics as usual game.

Mark my words, everyone is going to witness positive changes in our government that are LONG overdue!
Old 01-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #42
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by so.cal.fan
My inside sources say the Republicans think they just have to train him. They are not looking at why he won any more than the Democrats are.
I actually thought this was incredibly insightful. I've suspected that the Republicans figure they are going to be running the show and Trump will just be signing the papers he's sent. I think plenty of them figure he is in over his head and will be easy to manipulate. I think plenty of others figure he has the attention span of child and won't want to get involved in the dirty details of making the sausage. I don't know if Trump will surprise them, or he will be surprised by them.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:39 PM   #43
ElKabong

Quote:
Friend...you could be smiling ear-to-ear as you type...but you still appear a lot angrier than me. You made derogatory comments about the "Trump doubters"...so, that must make you a "Trump believer"...NO?
So, you couldn't find any posts where I'm a "trump believer", did you? Imagine that (I'm no fan of trump, far less so of Clinton, if you'd read any of my posts)

I've made allowances of my own, pertaining your posts. You seem to post from the hip, facts be darned.

Nite nite, enjoy the inauguration
Old 01-20-2017, 01:53 AM   #44
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I know it might seem I'm picking on you, but I must point out again, you're steering this into a personal thing with thaskalos...did I miss where he went after you personally?

Maybe I'm as bad a moderator as some would have me believe... :(
Oh come on. Enough already. You are the Trump of moderators. The best moderator the Internet has ever seen or ever will see, and Pace Advantage is in a class by itself. The best site of any genre anywhere. How's that? Better?
Old 01-20-2017, 01:56 AM   #45
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
I have noticed that when you refer to someone as a "friend," you actually mean the opposite.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: