Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-19-2017, 09:06 AM   #61
nancy4487

Rapper Dragon held off the late run of TDN Rising Star Pakistan Star (Ger) (Shamardal) to become the first to sweep all three legs of the 4-Year-Old Series: the Hong Kong Classic Mile, the Hong Kong Classic Cup (1800m) and the Derby.
nancy4487 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2017, 08:08 PM   #62
handyman1968

Pakistan Star races tomorrow night in the QE II Cup. Good bet at 4-1 or better. Rapper Dragon is a good reference point so good chance imo. Money will be on Wether and the Moreira Japanese raider.
handyman1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2017, 10:14 PM   #63
Nitro

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman1968 View Post
Pakistan Star races tomorrow night in the QE II Cup. Good bet at 4-1 or better. Rapper Dragon is a good reference point so good chance imo. Money will be on Wether and the Moreira Japanese raider.
I just took a look at this race (#8 tomorrow morning - Sun 4/30) and while I've been watching the development of Pakistan Star, I believe its facing some very good competition in this race. I have to put my feelings aside and say that PS may not even finish in the money. I also predict it'll go off much higher then 4/1! I think it would be big underlay at that price.

I'll be posting selections for this mornings entire card:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...79#post2160279
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2017, 10:56 PM   #64
chenoa

I couldn't believe when I checked the market this horse was 3.1 a couple hours back.

Tells me, they know, and the money has been put down.

Expecting a monster race out of the STAR!!!
Old 04-29-2017, 11:39 PM   #65
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenoa View Post
I couldn't believe when I checked the market this horse was 3.1 a couple hours back.

Tells me, they know, and the money has been put down.

Expecting a monster race out of the STAR!!!
That would be nice, but it'll have to run much better than ever before against these!

Odds have already drifted to 3.5/1 Lets see how it goes later.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:59 AM   #66
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
That would be nice, but it'll have to run much better than ever before against these!

Odds have already drifted to 3.5/1 Lets see how it goes later.
Now 3.3/1 @ 3:00 AM EST
Old 04-30-2017, 06:15 AM   #67
handyman1968

No pace and he came out of the gate so good he didn't settle first 2F and still almost ran down the Japanese horse. I rate Rapper Dragon as better than Wether both derby winners. He finished 1.75L behind Rapper Dragon in the Derby and he's still improving. I think Pakistan Star has more upside than Rapper Dragon at 10F imo. Didn't have the odds to bet him to win tonight anyway but the way he ran, cat's out of the bag. Legit G1 horse.
handyman1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2017, 01:51 AM   #68
RunForTheRoses

Just turned on the races and PS ran dead last, didn't even run. May have been injured?
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2017, 02:24 AM   #69
SharpCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
Just turned on the races and PS ran dead last, didn't even run. May have been injured?
Reported that Pakistan Star no physical issues he just refused to race. He broke a tad slow then the jockey started to ask him and he just stopped. He did eventually gallop across the line.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2017, 02:44 AM   #70
SharpCat

Here is the race.

SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2017, 03:25 AM   #71
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpCat View Post
I see Moreira got booed extremely in paddock for next race. Was out of the money on another even money shot.

I wish I could be up this late more often, unfortunately waking up early for the 9-5 grind prevents that, Sha Tin and Japan seem real interesting.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:26 AM   #72
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
I see Moreira got booed extremely in paddock for next race. Was out of the money on another even money shot.

I wish I could be up this late more often, unfortunately waking up early for the 9-5 grind prevents that, Sha Tin and Japan seem real interesting.
*Odds On
Old 06-25-2017, 04:10 AM   #73
Nitro

Quote:

It's much more than "real interesting". As far as I'm concerned its the best racing product on the planet. Over the last 4 years I've rarely missed a race at both Sha Tin or Happy Valley.

It's definitely worth the effort to stay up in the early morning hours.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=139233
Old 06-25-2017, 10:33 AM   #74
betovernetcapper

Quote:

It sounded like hundreds of people yelling at Moreira. It really wasn't his fault. PS has only won 2 or 10 races and seems to have more than his share of quirks. Yesterday he was spooked by some mechanical fans, though how he was aware of them through the hood is a mystery. Were he a 2 year old, you'd think he'd grow out of them, but he's 4! He has some ability, but is no Silent Witness or Able Friend. Amusing that he will have to compete in a trial race before he can race again.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #75
chenoa

How many heart pills were being popped in the grandstand when STAR just stopped.

No doubt Joe was lynched in the paddock the next race.

Love the Hong Kong crowd!!

Can't say their not passionate.