Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #31
Greyfox

Hillary's mishandling of the Benghazi tragedy, before, during, and after it happened should sour anyone on the idea of her becoming President.

Unfortunately, the general public as a whole have short memories and the significance of the Benghazi fiasco has been downplayed.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2015, 12:44 PM   #32
Clocker

From an article titled "Hillary Gump" by Victor David Hanson.

Quote:
The fictional and cinema hero Forrest Gump somehow always managed to turn up at historic moments in the latter twentieth century. But whereas Forrest usually had a positive role to play at the hinges of fate, the equally ubiquitous Hillary Gump usually appeared as a bit player who made things far worse.

Take the issue of government abuse, ethics, and public transparency. The modern locus classicus of government overreach was the Watergate scandal. Over forty years ago Hillary was there as a young legal intern purportedly advising the House Judiciary Committee during the congressional investigations. She was also reportedly let go by her superiors for unethical conduct — quis custodiet ipsos custodes? From Watergate to Travelgate to Filegate to Whitewater to the current quid pro quos of the Clinton Foundation to her recent destruction of private emails and her private server while serving as secretary of State, Hillary Clinton has been at or near lots of government scandals of the last half-century. Twenty years ago Hillary Clinton was brazenly evading federal law by hiding her legal records from a court-ordered subpoena for documents — in the same fashion that in 2015 she destroyed all traces of her email correspondence on her private server, in violation of State Department protocol and most likely federal law.
Full story here:

http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson/
Old 07-01-2015, 01:14 PM   #33
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Manipulating the media and she can't use a fax.......

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/07/0...-mother-jones/
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2015, 01:30 PM   #34
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Manipulating the media and she can't use a fax.......
She has people for that. And to wait on her every need and whim. One of the released emails:

Quote:
“Pls call Sarah and ask her if she can make me some iced tea,” 30 September 2009
Old 07-01-2015, 06:30 PM   #35
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I think by the tie enough of her illegal emails get released, enough level-headed democrats (oxymoron?) will be disgusted enough by her to ether not vote or look at repubs. That 48% will fall, IMHO, to under 40.

When reasonable people look at her records, they will have to realize that this is not an honest of good person.
Unless she has a health issue or somehow gets indicted, she's gonna be the Dem candidate.

If so, the question becomes whether or not one of the 14 and counting prospective Repub candidates can beat her in the general election.

Looking at this OBJECTIVELY, as a Horserace, my money would go on Hillary.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2015, 07:07 PM   #36
magwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany
Unless she has a health issue or somehow gets indicted, she's gonna be the Dem candidate.

If so, the question becomes whether or not one of the 14 and counting prospective Repub candidates can beat her in the general election.

Looking at this OBJECTIVELY, as a Horserace, my money would go on Hillary.
You explain your opinions on the market in detail with good facts, now can you explain how you make Hillary 1-2 in the same way with facts ?
Old 07-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #37
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
You explain your opinions on the market in detail with good facts, now can you explain how you make Hillary 1-2 in the same way with facts ?
1) Money

2) Momentum

3) Experience

4) Name recognition

5) Gender

6) Doesn't have a greyhound bus full of challengers to twist her platform into a twizzler.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #38
badcompany

Quote:
It's an opinion that none of the Republican candidates can beat Hillary in a general election under current conditions.

The younger Republicans lack Hillary's name recognition, Star Power, and are untested on a national stage. The older Candidate, and current front runner, Jeb Bush, excites no one.

The oddsmakers seem to agree with me.

― Thomas Sowell
Old 07-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #39
ArlJim78

I fully expect granny's max headroom campaign to implode. She is waaay overrated. She'll never become president.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2015, 08:02 PM   #40
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
She'll never become president.
Unfortunately, she likely will.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2015, 08:31 PM   #41
magwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany
It's an opinion that none of the Republican candidates can beat Hillary in a general election under current conditions.

The younger Republicans lack Hillary's name recognition, Star Power, and are untested on a national stage. The older Candidate, and current front runner, Jeb Bush, excites no one.

The oddsmakers seem to agree with me.
Partner, to make her 1-2 you can come up with more this , no disrespect but this explanation is weak at best......
Old 07-01-2015, 08:39 PM   #42
badcompany

Quote:
Partner, to make her 1-2 you can come up with more this , no disrespect but this explanation is weak at best......
So, who do you think will win?

Someone is gonna be President in 2016. It's not gonna be Obama. Hillary is 1/9 to get the Dem nomination. So, obviously you think a Repub can get it done. Cruz? Rubio? Bush? Gindal? Walker? Trump? Christie? Which one of them would be favored against Hillary?

I saw this same thing here in 2008. Guys here need to put away the Pom poms and put on a referee's shirt.

― Thomas Sowell
Old 07-01-2015, 08:39 PM   #43
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I think by the tie enough of her illegal emails get released, enough level-headed democrats (oxymoron?) will be disgusted enough by her to ether not vote or look at repubs. That 48% will fall, IMHO, to under 40.

When reasonable people look at her records, they will have to realize that this is not an honest of good person.

democrats don't care what kind of crook they follow, as long as they get more entitlements

the independents will be more likely to switch
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2015, 08:40 PM   #44
johnhannibalsmith

She's 1-2 because the country is 2-5 to not elect a Republican least of all the same ole same ole mishmash and because nobody actually likes Hillary you get a little value.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2015, 08:41 PM   #45
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
democrats don't care what kind of crook they follow, as long as they get more entitlements

the independents will be more likely to switch
Exactly, Hillary could've been banging those two escaped prisoner's for the Dems care.

― Thomas Sowell

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: