Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-31-2018, 09:44 AM   #1
letswastemoney

Case for Noble Indy in the Belmont...

I'm still working out my thoughts on him. But here are some positives...

- Few people believe he has a chance to win. He should be 30-1 or higher?

- If Justify doesn't like the distance, or pulls a Big Brown for any other reason...Noble Indy will be on the lead and in Da' Tara's spot in 2008.

- Already proven to handle a fast pace, although against lesser competition in the Louisiana Derby (the race did includ Bravazo).

Not sure how Winstar would feel in the winner's circle if it happened. I can't eliminate Noble Indy though, and because Repole is the majority owner, I assume they will really try to win this.

Last edited by letswastemoney; 05-31-2018 at 09:48 AM.
letswastemoney is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2018, 02:23 PM   #2
clicknow

is certainly more than "the rabbit" that some have designated him as. However he's a little light in stamina on the Dam side, but strong on sire side. I was also thinking of using him in a few exotics since he won't lose connection to the field, just not sure if he will make it around that 2nd turn or not and still be forwardly placed. I'm a big Tenfold fan so not sure where I can "fit" Noble Indy.

Last edited by clicknow; 05-31-2018 at 02:24 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2018, 02:27 PM   #3
f2tornado

The raw clock, Brisnet pace figs, and Timeform figs from his Louisiana Derby suggest he could lead he pack for a mile or more. He's basically the Good Magic of the race should he fire like he did at Fairgrounds. If the closers don't close and Justify falls off then he could be there. A lot of what ifs but not a terrible play for the price. My main concern with him is his final 3/8th in Louisiana was pretty slow. The fast final fractions angle discussed here for the Kentucky Derby has historically worked well in the Belmont as well. As such, I prefer Vino Rosso, Hofburg, and perhaps Tenfold more for any possible upset.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2018, 03:15 PM   #4
clicknow

There are also certainly horses who have never won a stakes race who have won the BELMONT, i.e. Hofburg, Restoring Hope, Tenfold.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:13 PM   #5
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
The raw clock, Brisnet pace figs, and Timeform figs from his Louisiana Derby suggest he could lead he pack for a mile or more. He's basically the Good Magic of the race should he fire like he did at Fairgrounds. If the closers don't close and Justify falls off then he could be there. A lot of what ifs but not a terrible play for the price. My main concern with him is his final 3/8th in Louisiana was pretty slow. The fast final fractions angle discussed here for the Kentucky Derby has historically worked well in the Belmont as well. As such, I prefer Vino Rosso, Hofburg, and perhaps Tenfold more for any possible upset.
Speaking of that, do we have final 3/8 and quarters for these runners (KY Derby and/or Preakness)?
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2018, 07:20 PM   #6
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
is certainly more than "the rabbit" that some have designated him as. However he's a little light in stamina on the Dam side, but strong on sire side. I was also thinking of using him in a few exotics since he won't lose connection to the field, just not sure if he will make it around that 2nd turn or not and still be forwardly placed. I'm a big Tenfold fan so not sure where I can "fit" Noble Indy.
There's quite a bit of stamina deep in the pedigree:

Noble Indy's 5th dam is Impetuous Lady. The great Canadian breeder EP Taylor, who produced Northern Dancer, got two stamina-laden fillies from her named Regal Gal and Impetuous Gal, both of whom won 10 furlong stakes.

The former produced 10-12 furlong horse Holy Mountain as well as the good Stronach mare Relaxing Rhthym, who in turn produced recent route horses Spring Waltz and Winning Rhythm.

The latter produced the outstanding racemare Banker's Lady (won up to 10f), who herself produced Peter Pan winner Banker's Gold. Another daughter produced recent Grade 1 router Daisy Devine and still another produced Ecton Park who won both the Super Derby (G1, 10f) and the Jim Dandy.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2018, 09:24 PM   #7
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Noble Indy was right on a blazing fast pace and still has enough to hold on. It was a similar performance to Battle Of Midway in the Santa Anita Derby but better cause he won.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2018, 01:51 PM   #8
Fightingirish51195

Not only did noble Indy survive fast fractions, the horse completely ran against it that day. Noble Indy’s last race is a throw away for me. I think this horse has a big chance
Fightingirish51195 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2018, 01:59 PM   #9
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
Noble Indy was right on a blazing fast pace and still has enough to hold on. It was a similar performance to Battle Of Midway in the Santa Anita Derby but better cause he won.
Well if Restoring Hope is Baffert's answer to Noble Indy i.e. to keep NI busy so Justify doesn't have to, then who knows what will happen to either of them.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:47 PM   #10
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightingirish51195 View Post
Not only did noble Indy survive fast fractions, the horse completely ran against it that day. Noble Indy’s last race is a throw away for me. I think this horse has a big chance
Than again it was the La Derby so...……………………………….
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

Last edited by jocko699; 06-01-2018 at 02:50 PM.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2018, 03:31 PM   #11
papillon

Quote:
I liked him for the derby to be honest. Way back, I made a post about how I mapped out where, in an ideal scenario, all of the horses would be in the Derby between 6f and 9f, and had him and Mendelssohn together on the front. The irony is that they ran right beside each other for almost the entire Derby and finished 18th and 20th. I got their parity right at least

Anywho, he fits the Belmont pretty well. He, Vino Rosso, Restoring Hope, and Hofburg are the horses that have shown the ability consistently to run flat pace lines. His pedigree isn't as strong as Restoring Hope's, whose is insane, Vino Rosso's, whose is great, or Hofburg's, whose is very good, but it's no worse than Justify's.

Horses on the front do pretty well in the Belmont, counterintuitively. If he was running in Windstar silks I'd have greater reservations, but he's running in Repole silks, and Repole wants to win, probablly more so with Vino Rosso, than with Noble Indy, but not by a ridiculous amount, and a 1-2 finish would make his year.
papillon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #12
letswastemoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Than again it was the La Derby so...……………………………….
Louisiana Derby looking better as time goes on! My Boy Jack 5th in the Derby, and Bravazo 6th in the Derby and 2nd in Preakness.

Even Lone Sailor almost caught up with the leading group in the Preakness. Only lost by 2 lengths or so.
letswastemoney is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2018, 04:57 PM   #13
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
Louisiana Derby looking better as time goes on! My Boy Jack 5th in the Derby, and Bravazo 6th in the Derby and 2nd in Preakness.

Even Lone Sailor almost caught up with the leading group in the Preakness. Only lost by 2 lengths or so.
MBJ was ridden bad in the LD, otherwise he wins the race. NI, LS benefitted from that bad ride. Bravazo had absolutely no excuse in the Preakness and raced as well as he ever will in the company of Justify. None will beat Justify next week unless as I stated early he breaks from Aqueduct.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2018, 08:01 PM   #14
Fightingirish51195

Quote:
Well if Restoring Hope is Baffert's answer to Noble Indy i.e. to keep NI busy so Justify doesn't have to, then who knows what will happen to either of them.
Will have to see post positions. Noble Indy does not need the lead to win. However you don’t really want to let justify go because then your playing with Fire.
Fightingirish51195 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2018, 09:15 AM   #15
Ribot Roboto
Domo Arigato

Quote:
What is Justify going to be doing while those two keep each other busy? Or do they engage behind him?
Ribot Roboto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply