Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-11-2018, 01:19 AM   #31
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
That was the exact same ride that won the Delta Jackpot.

I tend to think Kent understood the horse perfectly.
He moved way too early IMO. I guess in retrospect with that field it didn't matter much. Luckily for him the only horse really posing a threat was Cherry Wine, a horse that went 0-9 the rest of his career while never running better than 5th.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2018, 07:01 AM   #32
n.c

Bolt has a huge shot to beat Justify

if the horse is transferred to Baffert barn, this week.
n.c is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #33
PowerUpPaynter

Weather looks like rain so probably no bolt - think they watch the weather report and not enter or ship in and scratch?
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #34
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
He moved way too early IMO. I guess in retrospect with that field it didn't matter much. Luckily for him the only horse really posing a threat was Cherry Wine, a horse that went 0-9 the rest of his career while never running better than 5th.
CJ, have you ever seen Exaggerator's Delta Jackpot? He made the same early move. And it worked.

Kent knew that horse. He also wanted to stay on the rail the whole way, which he stated in interviews. We know a lot hete, but I don't think we know as much as Kent does about this strategy issue.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2018, 12:11 PM   #35
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
CJ, have you ever seen Exaggerator's Delta Jackpot? He made the same early move. And it worked.

Kent knew that horse. He also wanted to stay on the rail the whole way, which he stated in interviews. We know a lot hete, but I don't think we know as much as Kent does about this strategy issue.
As I said in retrospect it didn't matter. That was a bad field. Collected turned out OK much later on. The Delta Jackpot was also a very poor field in retrospect. That move wouldn't have worked against better fields in my opinion. But again, it really doesn't matter. His rides in the Santa Anita Derby and Haskell were much better, again my opinion.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:53 PM   #36
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
As I said in retrospect it didn't matter. That was a bad field. Collected turned out OK much later on. The Delta Jackpot was also a very poor field in retrospect. That move wouldn't have worked against better fields in my opinion. But again, it really doesn't matter. His rides in the Santa Anita Derby and Haskell were much better, again my opinion.
Yea that was big-time premature by Kent.

Do you have the TimeformUS for that Delta Jackpot pace?

I remember it not only being premature, but fairly 'hot' as well. At least above average.

Exaggerator was cool. Nice horse, but also love when a value-laden horse actually comes through.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #37
picojim

picojim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2018, 01:33 PM   #38
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVGfan View Post
This actually does make some sense, i dont think the older horses are a particularly strong lot and he may be better suited for that distance, and since he is owned and trained by Ruis a win here far enhances his value more than a Preakness win.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #39
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
This actually does make some sense, i dont think the older horses are a particularly strong lot and he may be better suited for that distance, and since he is owned and trained by Ruis a win here far enhances his value more than a Preakness win.
Doesn't make a lot of sense if he sticks with Nakatani. That eliminates the weight break.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:55 PM   #40
Spalding No!

Quote:
Doesn't make a lot of sense if he sticks with Nakatani. That eliminates the weight break.
The flip-flopping is getting to be way overboard. The Woody Stephens was a perfect race to "regroup" if that's what the horse needs. Otherwise, why isn't he in the Preakness?

He didn't struggle with handling the off track if he was able register a :45+ first half mile. What he struggled with handling was the final 6 furlongs after registering that silly :45+ opening half.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2018, 11:13 PM   #41
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
The flip-flopping is getting to be way overboard. The Woody Stephens was a perfect race to "regroup" if that's what the horse needs. Otherwise, why isn't he in the Preakness?

He didn't struggle with handling the off track if he was able register a :45+ first half mile. What he struggled with handling was the final 6 furlongs after registering that silly :45+ opening half.
He is probably out of his element, as in over his head, with a horse this good. The only way you run a 3yo in the Met Mile IMO is for the weight break. If you ride Nakatani, might as well pick another race.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:27 PM   #42
Secondbest

Quote:
Do you think he can beat Army Mule in a mile at Belmont ?
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2018, 01:15 AM   #43
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
Do you think he can beat Army Mule in a mile at Belmont ?
army mule hasnt had a work since the carter
Old 05-14-2018, 01:23 AM   #44
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
army mule hasnt had a work since the carter
So what. Might be more reasons to play against than this. Not top notch analysis!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2018, 01:34 AM   #45
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
So what. Might be more reasons to play against than this. Not top notch analysis!
Well he will be a special horse if he goes the 2 months without a work, as a player I welcome the idea!!