Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:41 PM   #1
nads1420
Veteran

Mubtaahij

Figure it would be a good idea to start a Mubtaahij information thread since he is the ultimate wildcard in this race and seems to be hard to get info on.

here are a few tidbits i found
https://twitter.com/DougieSal/status/587654503538806785

Go figure career-best @RacingPost ratings:
Am Pharoah 121
Materiality 118
Mubtaahij 118
Carpe Diem 116
Dortmund 114
Frosted 112
Int Star 112
nads1420 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2015, 09:25 PM   #2
letswastemoney

I have no idea if Racing Post numbers are that reliable. It would help if Beyer or TimeformUS had numbers for that Dubai race.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2015, 10:24 PM   #3
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Mubtaahij's race was, for me, visually deceptive in a negative sense, as he needed extra waiting-time for the two inside horses to shorten up in order to finally go past and accelerate while bearing in. This horse, IMO, beat a rather weak field of 9 on Meydan's new dirt track, has a long journey to Churchill's quirky dirt surface, won't settle well in a 20-horse field, and is an exacta throw-out....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2015, 10:46 PM   #4
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Mubtaahij's race was, for me, visually deceptive in a negative sense, as he needed extra waiting-time for the two inside horses to shorten up in order to finally go past and accelerate while bearing in. This horse, IMO, beat a rather weak field of 9 on Meydan's new dirt track, has a long journey to Churchill's quirky dirt surface, won't settle well in a 20-horse field, and is an exacta throw-out....

Didn't they copy the Churchill surface on the new Meydan track?
Old 04-13-2015, 11:05 PM   #5
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip@DRF
Didn't they copy the Churchill surface on the new Meydan track?
Doesn't look the same to me, Churchill clay based and Meydan Geo Textile Fabric based, plus top layers differing depths:
http://www.dubairacingclub.com/race/...track-surfaces
http://www.churchilldowns.com/racing...specifications
Old 04-13-2015, 11:18 PM   #6
SecretAgentMan

I wish no injury on any horse, but I do wish they would scratch Mubtaahij because he brings more uncertainty than the other horses........& he was bet down from 30-1 to 8-1 in Futures Pool 4.......& IMO, that money wasn't public money.

So he has my head spinning......I will have him underneath my top horse, & I'm debating if I should key him on top with my top horse. I like to bet only 1 horse on top always, with several for 2nd & 3rd.......but with Mubtaahij, I may have to place him on top as well.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2015, 11:26 PM   #7
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
I wish no injury on any horse, but I do wish they would scratch Mubtaahij because he brings more uncertainty than the other horses........& he was bet down from 30-1 to 8-1 in Futures Pool 4.......& IMO, that money wasn't public money.

So he has my head spinning......I will have him underneath my top horse, & I'm debating if I should key him on top with my top horse. I like to bet only 1 horse on top always, with several for 2nd & 3rd.......but with Mubtaahij, I may have to place him on top as well.
Don't be deceived by Sheikh Al Maktoum's money influence in all betting pools in the US and UK, that's the way he always operates with his horses.....Big bankroll, big ego.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:39 PM   #8
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Don't be deceived by Sheikh Al Maktoum's money influence in all betting pools in the US and UK, that's the way he always operates with his horses.....Big bankroll, big ego.

Yeah, I know the guy is a player......what's funny is that they can't bet in Dubai, but we know they have offshore accounts, etc all over the world & love to wager on horses.

How much money do you think moved the pool from 30-1 to 8-1?

I didn't get to see how much was bet in pool 4 individually for each horse.

Although I've seen horses get pounded like that in pools before, it usually comes up a loser.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:43 PM   #9
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Yeah, I know the guy is a player......what's funny is that they can't bet in Dubai, but we know they have offshore accounts, etc all over the world & love to wager on horses.

How much money do you think moved the pool from 30-1 to 8-1?

I didn't get to see how much was bet in pool 4 individually for each horse.

Although I've seen horses get pounded like that in pools before, it usually comes up a loser.
Just curious Sam, have you decided who your top choice is yet, or are you waiting for the workouts at Churchill?
Old 04-13-2015, 11:55 PM   #10
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Just curious Sam, have you decided who your top choice is yet, or are you waiting for the workouts at Churchill?

I'm still waiting on the workouts & the post draw.......I gotta see the post positions. Will throw out any horse in post #1, & I hope its not a horse I like.

Right now I like Frosted, Int Star, Mubtaahij (want to see his workouts), but I will only play 1 horse on top.....I will pretty much know after I see these horses workout........I played the fav last year, no fav for me this year.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:10 AM   #11
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
I'm still waiting on the workouts & the post draw.......I gotta see the post positions. Will throw out any horse in post #1, & I hope its not a horse I like.

Right now I like Frosted, Int Star, Mubtaahij (want to see his workouts), but I will only play 1 horse on top.....I will pretty much know after I see these horses workout........I played the fav last year, no fav for me this year.
Just remember this one stat; Godolphin has had eight Derby runners, the best finish was in 2000 with China Visit finishing sixth for Godolphin's best finish to date.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:14 AM   #12
taxicab

If he doesn't draw the rail or far outside my selection.

Last edited by taxicab; 04-14-2015 at 12:17 AM.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2015, 12:17 AM   #13
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Just remember this one stat; Godolphin has had eight Derby runners, the best finish was in 2000 with China Visit finishing sixth for Godolphin's best finish to date.

I know about that stat......there was a stat about geldings not winning since like 1929 or something like that, a NY bred not winning in like 50 years or whatever, it didn't stop me from betting Funny Cide.

If you like a horse, don't let any angle, trend or whatever stop you from betting a horse.

Not saying trends, angles etc aren't helpful, because they are.......like the Apollo curse is a very strong angle, but there's no doubt in my mind it will be broken sooner than later.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:19 AM   #14
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab
If he doesn't draw the rail or far outside my selection.

Taxi, what do you like about Mubtaahij that has you settled on playing him on top if you don't mind me asking?
Old 04-14-2015, 12:51 AM   #15
taxicab

Quote:
Taxi, what do you like about Mubtaahij that has you settled on playing him on top if you don't mind me asking?
He absolutely took apart a strong field.....and made it look easy.
He's royally bred to get the trip (his sire Dubawi is on a massive heater).
He hails from a barn (Mike deKock) that has had success on multiple continents in many top races.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=677rgOnAbOw
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply