Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-30-2017, 07:31 PM   #61
Fager Fan
Veteran

I've not heard many specifics, but the couple I've heard make me wonder.

The wrong-doing is supposed to have taken place 6-11 years ago. This wasn't murder. There are statutes of limitations. I'm curious if any will fail for the simple reason that too much time has passed.

Second, this is about the guy, who was working overseas, having a bank account there, and then wiring some here to pay the mortgage and other bills? I have to assume they have more than that, but everyone's saying that the indictment looks very weak (which leads them to speculation that they're just doing this to try to squeeze him).

If the guy really committed crimes, then I'm in favor of him paying the price. But I've never liked "squeezing" and making deals to try to get a bigger fish. That's wrong in many ways.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 07:36 PM   #62
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Who do you give a shit about?
Ruth Bader Ginsberg. I’m cheering for her every day.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:28 PM   #63
reckless
Veteran

One of the reasons given for the Manafort indictment was tax evasion... They paid $75 million in taxes yet this constitutes tax evasion??
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 08:33 PM   #64
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
Mueller had to come up with something to justify the cost of this investigation, quiet the talk of the Russian/Dem ordeal. Not too hard to figure out actually. And these arrests really have nothing to do with the original reason behind the investigation. It's just collateral damage so to speak. If the guys a crook he needs to go to jail.
The real reason Mueller did this was because just in these past few days the country learned that the true criminals in this 'Russia' story was in fact, Hillary!, Obama, Jim Comey, Mueller, Rosenstein, Holder, the DNC, Loretta Lynch, and a host of other traitors.

Mueller needed to get these crimes off the headlines and get it off real fast.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:45 PM   #65
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Andrew C. McCarthy writes for the National Review. He is a former Asst. U. S. Attorney, and was the lead prosecutor of Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and eleven others who were convicted of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

McCarthy analyses the indictment and says that it is very weak, and appears to be primarily a vehicle to squeeze Manafort into cooperating with Mueller and his team.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ssia-collusion
They are actually playing tough with the wrong guy. Manafort will kick Mueller's ass when and if this gets to court.

Anyone who knows anything about Mueller's record also knows he is an amateur. Very few in DC is as smart and as tough as Paul Manafort. And very few are as dumb as Mueller, mark my words.

Mueller also knew better than to indict Tony Podesta, especially if the end game was to simply 'squeeze' him. If Mueller did give this creep a bear hug, all we'd really hear from him would be the words: 'Hillary', 'Obama', 'Comey', with each and every belch ... he'd sound just like any other fat and ugly Ken doll.

Last edited by reckless; 10-30-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:01 PM   #66
reckless
Veteran

When Manafort and Gates were allegedly committing all these nefarious crimes while working with The Podesta Group how come Robert Mueller did absolutely nothing about these crimes then?

Mueller was FBI director during most of the time in question.

Mueller is a fraud and Manafort will kick his ass when and if this ever gets to court.

Also, there will be no need for a plea deal or a Trump pardon for any reason.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:31 PM   #67
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Compared to this, Scooter Libby was like nailing Al Capone!

After months of investigations.....Mueller Lands the Big Fish!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2097.jpg (14.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-30-2017, 09:46 PM   #68
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's already been reported by CNN that this Manafort arrest has nothing to do with the 2016 Campaign...

So, unless they get him to spin a tale out of thin air, then my bet is, Teflon Don strikes again...

It's amazing to me how many times Teflon Don has been declared dead and buried, yet he goes on winning...

I'll believe it when I see it.
Same here. Everybody is getting way ahead of themselves about both Trump and Hillary, although the whole Hillary thing seems like a big deflection. It sounds like there may be more indictments. Time will tell.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:37 PM   #69
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
The real reason Mueller did this was because just in these past few days the country learned that the true criminals in this 'Russia' story was in fact, Hillary!, Obama, Jim Comey, Mueller, Rosenstein, Holder, the DNC, Loretta Lynch, and a host of other traitors.

Mueller needed to get these crimes off the headlines and get it off real fast.
I agree. I pointed that out yesterday. He had to try and get the focus off that.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 11:22 PM   #70
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
She still here? Maybe she doesn't know how to get to New Zealand or realize yet that Trump won
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 11:40 PM   #71
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
They are actually playing tough with the wrong guy. Manafort will kick Mueller's ass when and if this gets to court.
Manafort is a lobbyist and a political wheeler-dealer. He has no apparent experience in criminal law. I can't imagine he would ever let it get to trial.

Mueller is a bureaucrat, and highly unlikely to appear in court. He has people for that. In the past he did lead the prosecution of a number of high profile cases, including crime boss John Gotti. By all accounts, he currently has a big time group of high powered criminal lawyers working for him.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:01 AM   #72
davew

an op-ed ->Manafort Indictment Shows That Mueller Is A Fraud

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinio...K8z?li=BBnb7Kz
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2017, 07:35 AM   #73
Fager Fan
Veteran

I'm wondering if the storyline here that everyone is following is the wrong one. Didn't Trump name Mueller? And he's still standing behind him? Might not he be unconcerned about Manafort and this other guy, because Trump knows he didn't collide with Russia, and that any of their wrong-doing has nothing to do with him, and he may have some inside info that this is heading towards Podesta and Clinton?
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2017, 08:34 AM   #74
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
nicely done
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2017, 09:41 AM   #75
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

NOW: "Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago The Fake News is working overtime. As Paul Manaforts lawyer said, there was "no collusion" and events mentioned took place long before he...came to the campaign. Few* people knew the young, low level volunteer named George, who has already proven to be a liar. Check the DEMS!"

Donald J. Trump in March 2016 commenting on his foreign policy advisors:

"Walid Phares, who you probably know. PhD, adviser to the House of Representatives. He’s a counterterrorism expert," Trump said. "Carter Page, PhD. George Papadopoulos. He’s an oil and energy consultant. Excellent guy. The honorable Joe Schmitz, [was] inspector general at the Department of Defense. General Keith Kellogg. And I have quite a few more. But that’s a group of some of the people that we are dealing with. We have many other people in different aspects of what we do. But that’s a pretty representative group."

*Perhaps few knew young George, but Trump apparently knew him.

The sad part about Trump is his bullsh*t is just so readily disprovable. At least Bill Clinton was a skillful liar.

And yes, I thought there was a case to be made against Hillary (not relevant, but the Trump core loves to make that point).
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: