Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:18 PM   #106
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
I'm always amazed when the lefties bring out that red herring for yet another round of flogging. You are completely correct. Many of us did not like his invasion of Iraq nor his lack of budgetary control over govt spending nor his Patriot Act diminishing of our liberties. There's tons not to like about Bush, but Obama makes him look like a Rhodes Scholar in comparison.
A bit of a hyperbole...IMO.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #107
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Probably not the best description since neither has impressed me for their intellectual prowess. However, even Obama supporters must be tired of his aloofness and lack of effort by now. No?? That's a description I could never pin on Bush. He may not have been a brightly burning bulb, and he may have made plenty of mistakes, but I never thought he stopped trying.

Last edited by tucker6; 10-01-2014 at 04:25 PM.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #108
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
Probably not the best description since neither has impressed me for their intellectual prowess. However, even Obama supporters must be tired of his aloofness and lack of effort by now. No??
I voted for Obama the first time...and refused to render a vote the second time. He had said during his first term in office that he didn't feel he deserved a reelection vote from the public if no marked improvement was made during his first term...and I agreed with him.

To me...the worst thing about Obama as president isn't the state of the economy, the mess in the Middle East, or our approval rating in other countries of the world. That stuff can be readily explained and largely excused...since he inherited a big mess to begin with. I remember as if it were yesterday when he declared that he would bring "transparency" back to the White House...and yet, he has been the most aloof president we can think of...his administration has spied on American citizens like no other...and his administration has also gone after whistleblowers with a zeal that betrays his "transparency" promises.

This is the stuff that I can't stomach, or blame on anyone else.

Last edited by thaskalos; 10-01-2014 at 04:43 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2014, 05:09 PM   #109
NJ Stinks

Quote:
To me...the worst thing about Obama as president isn't the state of the economy, the mess in the Middle East, or our approval rating in other countries of the world. That stuff can be readily explained and largely excused...since he inherited a big mess to begin with. I remember as if it were yesterday when he declared that he would bring "transparency" back to the White House...and yet, he has been the most aloof president we can think of...his administration has spied on American citizens like no other...and his administration has also gone after whistleblowers with a zeal that betrays his "transparency" promises.

This is the stuff that I can't stomach, or blame on anyone else.
I'll add to the list above that saying "Syria and Iraq caught the U.S. intelligence community off guard" on 60 Minutes was pretty pathetic too. The guy is far from perfect....
Old 10-01-2014, 05:25 PM   #110
tucker6

Looks like we have a little detente going. There used to be a difference between the DEMS and GOP until the early 90's. Nowadays, despite the rhetoric, what you'll get when elected is just about the same either way. Yeah, there are differences with the freak show issues like abortion, but the mainstream economic, privacy rights, and foreign policy initiatives are just about indecipherable between the two parties.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #111
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
First of all I'm not a liberal. Get that straight.

Secondly, I saw what happened when Bush Jr. was in power.
No revisionist historian is going to shine a better light on him in the future than what was present in front of us. He was poor, Obama is worse.

Thirdly, you've fallen into Mostposts trap.
This thread is about Obama and how shitty he is.
We're now living in 2014, the Bush years are over.
Let's deal with the present incompetent.
I never said you were a liberal. Many conservatives share your sentiment.
I don't fall into traps. As a matter of fact my post was in response to yours regarding Bush. See post #83. Were you trapped?

Last edited by Marshall Bennett; 10-01-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #112
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost

I see no reason to stop pointing out the flaws of George W. Bush or any other Republican back to Abraham Lincoln.
You prefer Blacks to be in chains, out in the fields?
Must be, because DEMOCRATS at that time sure went out of their way to try to keep them there. KKK - Democrats in action.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #113
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Obamba makes Joe Biden look like a Rhodes scholar.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #114
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
I never said you were a liberal. Many conservatives share your sentiment.
I don't fall into traps. As a matter of fact my post was in response to yours regarding Bush. See post #83. Were you trapped?
Get over it.
My post was pointing out that Mostposts was an attempt to derail this thread by talking about Bush Jr.
Your subsequent post showed that you rose to his bait and he played you like a fiddle when you started defending GWB.
It's looking more and more to me that people who defend either of those two Presidents have a lot in common - wilful blindness.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2014, 06:40 PM   #115
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Why jump on Greyfox for an opinion which is shared by about 75% of the population?
I didn't jump on anybody. I was simply defending Bush who I happened to like.
75% sounds about right. So 25% got it right, as Bush did, and 75% got it wrong as the current president has admitted to himself. This is with regards to the current crisis abroad. I mentioned the economy briefly in my prior post which by the way, is still shit!!
Old 10-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #116
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Get over it.
My post was pointing out that Mostposts was an attempt to derail this thread by talking about Bush Jr.
Your subsequent post showed that you rose to his bait and he played you like a fiddle when you started defending GWB.
It's looking more and more to me that people who defend either of those two Presidents have a lot in common - wilful blindness.
You get over it. You just don't get it. Sort of like a lot of liberals, you're without flexibility in trying to adjust or understand anything different than you've trained yourself to go with. I haven't responded to a thing mostpost posted here, you did. You took the bait, tried to dump it on me, and now that it isn't working out you're crying about it.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #117
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
I didn't jump on anybody. I was simply defending Bush who I happened to like.
75% sounds about right. So 25% got it right, as Bush did, and 75% got it wrong as the current president has admitted to himself. This is with regards to the current crisis abroad. I mentioned the economy briefly in my prior post which by the way, is still shit!!
You are free to like Bush...if that's what you want to do. But others are also free to call Bush a rotten president...if that's what THEY want to do. And, to be honest, there is a lot more proof backing the OTHERS' opinion, than there is backing yours...as far as Bush is concerned.

Not only is there no big difference between the Democrat and the Republican politicians...there is also no big difference between the Republican and the Democrat voters...IMO. Both groups compare their candidate to the "other" guy...in order to make their guy look good.

As far as I am concerned, both presidents were an embarrassment...and the worst part of it is that they are both allowed to ride off into the sunset after their tenure is up...while leaving their loose ends for the next guy to tie up. And then they have the balls to go on the lecture circuit...where they presume to teach the "art of leadership" to others.

There should be some sort of fitting punishment for some of these presidents, in the end...
Old 10-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #118
tucker6

Quote:
You are free to like Bush...if that's what you want to do. But others are also free to call Bush a rotten president...if that's what THEY want to do. And, to be honest, there is a lot more proof backing the OTHERS' opinion, than there is backing yours...as far as Bush is concerned.

Not only is there no big difference between the Democrat and the Republican politicians...there is also no big difference between the Republican and the Democrat voters...IMO. Both groups compare their candidate to the "other" guy...in order to make their guy look good.

As far as I am concerned, both presidents were an embarrassment...and the worst part of it is that they are both allowed to ride off into the sunset after their tenure is up...while leaving their loose ends for the next guy to tie up. And then they have the balls to go on the lecture circuit...where they presume to teach the "art of leadership" to others.

There should be some sort of fitting punishment for some of these presidents, in the end...
bravo

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: