Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:58 PM   #181
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty moose
He tipped out after trying to squeeze into a hole that wasn't there. And still had a ton of horse. Or so It looked. Very annoying.
Those races at GG are tough because the jocks ride in a big pack like its a 2 mile european turf race, you have to get a little lucky to be in the right place.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 10:07 PM   #182
dirty moose

It's deff an odd surface, but I've hit some good ones there and @ PID. I think I do better @ PID
dirty moose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 10:10 PM   #183
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Heck yeah, they do...The good ones have a clock in their head.
They can count till 23? or 24? or 25?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2015, 08:12 PM   #184
cutchemist42

GG9 just now, I had the 7 and it was close but even watching the two close up ground-level replays they showed during the figuring-out, I thought I had it, and I find I usually am a good judge of the closeup bobs when they happen. The picture they provided was clear that the 1 won, so I just wondered if the closeup ground level is not lined up right.

I bet Jack Diz wins his next, but its going to be a low price so a pass

Last edited by cutchemist42; 03-15-2015 at 08:14 PM.
cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2015, 07:40 PM   #185
Stillriledup
Veteran

I had a 265 tri at SA as well as a 25 exa and show bets on 256. Double bad beat, lose the exa, tri and show. I was sure the 5 was at worst 3rd. Wow that's rough. Also had a 245 tri.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:42 PM   #186
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I had a 265 tri at SA as well as a 25 exa and show bets on 256. Double bad beat, lose the exa, tri and show. I was sure the 5 was at worst 3rd. Wow that's rough. Also had a 245 tri.
And got dqd out of the exa for good measure.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:12 PM   #187
Dark Horse

I agree with you that the 5 came in before the 4. There is no way, in the slow motion, that the 4 came in before the 5. The DQ was also bogus. The 2 was first, and after that a blanket finish that looked like 6-5-4. But SA managed to get the 4 miraculously into second spot. And they announced the stewards inquiry very late, by the way. Did you notice that? We're patiently waiting for the photo, and suddenly they announce the inquiry. This is total BS.

KMA, SA stewards.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2015, 08:43 PM   #188
thespaah

Quote:
race number?....Wanna see replay
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2015, 10:18 PM   #189
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
race number?....Wanna see replay
The 2nd
Old 06-27-2015, 12:17 AM   #190
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
I agree with you that the 5 came in before the 4. There is no way, in the slow motion, that the 4 came in before the 5. The DQ was also bogus. The 2 was first, and after that a blanket finish that looked like 6-5-4. But SA managed to get the 4 miraculously into second spot. And they announced the stewards inquiry very late, by the way. Did you notice that? We're patiently waiting for the photo, and suddenly they announce the inquiry. This is total BS.

KMA, SA stewards.
Of course they wait for the photo. If the horse under inquiry finishes BEHIND the alleged wronged horse, the point of a DQ would be moot.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:21 AM   #191
thespaah

Quote:
The 2nd
I never look at these things subjectively.
Here's what I saw..
In mid stretch the makes a bold and sudden move to the right across at least three paths and bumps the causing that horse to briefly lose his action. Rider was forced to momentarily stop driving his mount.
It's not a major bump, but enough to cause the to lose a chance at a placing.
I think the DQ is is warranted. JMHO....
Again. I don't care who wins or loses. I didn't have a bet on it.
I can see your point in that the incident was over in just a few strides. But IMO it was enough contact to cause an adverse placing.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:36 AM   #192
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
I never look at these things subjectively.
Here's what I saw..
In mid stretch the makes a bold and sudden move to the right across at least three paths and bumps the causing that horse to briefly lose his action. Rider was forced to momentarily stop driving his mount.
It's not a major bump, but enough to cause the to lose a chance at a placing.
I think the DQ is is warranted. JMHO....
Again. I don't care who wins or loses. I didn't have a bet on it.
I can see your point in that the incident was over in just a few strides. But IMO it was enough contact to cause an adverse placing.
I was suffering thru my bad beat once I knew the 5 wasn't at least 3rd I didn't even watch the bump or render a decision either way. It's a shame that the idiots who bet a 2nd timer like that to show got rewarded in a miracle finish, they were in huge trouble to hit the board late in the race. The 5 isn't a horse who is going to finish up the fence w fight He's a bit of a herd type, but I thought I got there for a slice. Not to be.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:47 AM   #193
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I was suffering thru my bad beat once I knew the 5 wasn't at least 3rd I didn't even watch the bump or render a decision either way. It's a shame that the idiots who bet a 2nd timer like that to show got rewarded in a miracle finish, they were in huge trouble to hit the board late in the race. The 5 isn't a horse who is going to finish up the fence w fight He's a bit of a herd type, but I thought I got there for a slice. Not to be.
I just watched this replay a few times.

That the 5 did not get 2nd or 3rd is a bad beat. It looks like he was 2nd before the wire and it looked like the most amazing bob for him to not only miss 2nd but to miss 3rd as well.

The DQ was questionable at best. On the head on, it didn't look so bad. To say the least it was a tough beat (the DQ).
Old 06-27-2015, 01:00 AM   #194
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I just watched this replay a few times.

That the 5 did not get 2nd or 3rd is a bad beat. It looks like he was 2nd before the wire and it looked like the most amazing bob for him to not only miss 2nd but to miss 3rd as well.

The DQ was questionable at best. On the head on, it didn't look so bad. To say the least it was a tough beat (the DQ).
I'm usually good at photos, it was a rare miss by me, I was shocked he was 4th and couldn't even weasel a dead heat out if it.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:01 AM   #195
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I'm usually good at photos, it was a rare miss by me, I was shocked he was 4th and couldn't even weasel a dead heat out if it.
I'm still shocked too. Crazy...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: