Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-04-2015, 07:10 PM   #16
Bigadam119

Could you actually watch the races live with GA seats?
Bigadam119 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2015, 09:26 PM   #17
uncbossfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigadam119
Absolutely. Keeneland's track is raised well above the apron for GA so you can easily see the horses above the standing crowd.
uncbossfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2015, 12:11 PM   #18
tanner12oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigadam119
yup no issues at all was GA on the finish line Friday and GA in front of the board on Saturday
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2015, 03:29 PM   #19
FrankieFigs
The 19th Hole

I didn't attend. I have been on Bluegrass Day several times and it was very difficult for Keeneland to handle the 25k+ that showed up. I really didn't feel like battling the crowd. But I'm glad to hear that most of you had good experiences with an even larger crowd. I was wondering how Keeneland would handle it, and it seems all went well.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:45 PM   #20
LemonSoupKid

One thing I've learned from the BC events are that there are an (over)abundance of tickets. They charge a lot for face to begin with. On Friday it's a joke, there's no need to pay anywhere near that, there were scalpers all over the place early on that would have easily given them up for 75% or less. Good seats too. Even Saturday people were everywhere with extras.

It makes me think they sell HUGE batches to conglomerates early on, which bothers me. This time they even opened $400 loge boxes via email the week (5 days) before the event ... and this is at Keeneland.

I learned 2 years ago at Santa Anita all you needed was GA. Friday you can sit anywhere, it's a joke. Saturday they might be a little restrictive but man, you can just perch on a stairwell for $10 and pretty much get the same thing. No big deal at all.

Anyone else find this to be the case? I got ripped this year by a guy earlier because a friend did the negotiating and it was clear, seats were not in demand. At all. I sat section F, in GReserve which was definitely nice, but clearly not worth face given the demand.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply