Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:01 AM   #2686
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
He should have just listed the countries to put on pause.
As I've explained elsewhere, that wouldn't have achieved his stated goal.
The list of countries would be a long as your arm with respect to those who are harboring radical Muslims.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2015, 10:10 AM   #2687
classhandicapper

Mike,

Trump is not stupid.

He's running as a republican, but he's well aware of the fact that establishment republicans want nothing to do with him, let alone have him represent the party as the nominee. So he's been using the threat of leaving the party and running as an independent as leverage to keep the attacks and schemes to derail him at bay. As long as he had that threat in his back pocket, the party was limited in how extensive and personal the attacks could get and what they could be plotting at the convention.

If he's backing off that threat now, that means something has been guaranteed to him behind closed doors about how they will handle the process going forward and he's satisfied.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:19 AM   #2688
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
As I've explained elsewhere, that wouldn't have achieved his stated goal.
The list of countries would be a long as your arm with respect to those who are harboring radical Muslims.
His stated goal is to protect American lives given that US immigration policy is idiotic and the process for vetting immigrants laughable.

You stop all direct immigration and travel from the extremist countries (with logical exceptions for business and politicians etc..), accept no refugees, and you work with other countries to vet people and trace them back to those source countries (if a guy in Germany came from Syria 6 weeks ago, he can't get in). That's not foolproof, but it's way better than having open borders in the south, taking refugees in from Syria, throwing visas around, and pretending we can vet any of the people that aren't in any databases that are being recruited.

One approach is not perfect, but a huge improvement.

One approach is so dumb only Obama or an enemy of the state could come up with it.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-16-2015 at 10:24 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2015, 10:22 AM   #2689
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
"I may run as an independent."

"I'm a Republican."

"If they aren't nice to me, I may run as an independent."

"I will not run as independent."

"I must be treated fairly; otherwise, I might run as an independent."

Last night: he's 100% Republican.

All in the span of a few months (all paraphrased, but absolutely consistent with the spirit of his comments over time).

Total and complete joke. He's a classic flip-flopping, untrustworthy......ahhhhh politician!!!!!!
He is starting to look very presidential!
Old 12-16-2015, 10:43 AM   #2690
Greyfox

Quote:
His stated goal is to protect American lives given that US immigration policy is idiotic and the process for vetting immigrants laughable.

You stop all direct immigration and travel from the extremist countries (with logical exceptions for business and politicians etc..), accept no refugees, and you work with other countries to vet people and trace them back to those source countries (if a guy in Germany came from Syria 6 weeks ago, he can't get in). That's not foolproof, but it's way better than having open borders in the south, taking refugees in from Syria, throwing visas around, and pretending we can vet any of the people that aren't in any databases that are being recruited.

One approach is not perfect, but a huge improvement.

One approach is so dumb only Obama or an enemy of the state could come up with it.
I'm not disagreeing with his goals and the idea of banning Muslims.
I'm simply pointing out that the list of countries would be very long.
Listing countries simply veils what his intent to do was and in that respect it is dishonest.
By calling for a ban on Muslims entering the country, he is being honest about what he thinks the solution is.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:53 AM   #2691
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
He is starting to look very presidential!
I'm surprised at you. Anyone else and you'd want to nuke them. Why not hold Trump to the same standards as other pols? The guy flip-flops more than John Kerry.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2015, 10:55 AM   #2692
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Mike,

Trump is not stupid.

Did I post that he was stupid? No, I've intimated or stated outright that he's a whiner, a flip-flopper and uninformed. He does make some stupid comments, though.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2015, 11:10 AM   #2693
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I'm surprised at you. Anyone else and you'd want to nuke them. Why not hold Trump to the same standards as other pols? The guy flip-flops more than John Kerry.
What he needs is a chorus line of dancing girls, we could call them.......the TrumpETTES!

He is pissing off everyone, and I love that.
He is a parody of our broken election system. The system is a joke, so having a clown leading the parade is only right!

Enjoy it while you can...eventually one of the other losers will get the nomination and then we can all cry together as yet another stinking bought and paid for liar gets 4 years to further destroy the country. No one in either party is fit to be president. No one. So let's quite pretending we are being represented. We are not. At least Trump is telling some people where to go.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:27 AM   #2694
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
I'm not disagreeing with his goals and the idea of banning Muslims.
I'm simply pointing out that the list of countries would be very long.
Listing countries simply veils what his intent to do was and in that respect it is dishonest.
By calling for a ban on Muslims entering the country, he is being honest about what he thinks the solution is.
He seems to often blurt things out while he's in an emotional state. He doesn't always think things through before he speaks. Then when he has time to reflect better, he says what he really means. Sometimes he's purposely trying to rile people up to keep the media attention on him, but goes too far. It's a problem for him.

I don't think he actually wants to ban all Muslims from travel here, but I think he wants to come darn close. Some exceptions would be politicians, diplomats, people with a long history of doing business here, and people that the FBI and others have thoroughly cleared.

He did the same thing when talking about "taking out" family members (which imo is crazy).

Do I think he actually wants to round up innocent family members of ISIS and kill them?

I don't think so. If he does, he IS crazy.

Do I think he believes that very often family members are fully aware of these plots, do nothing to help prevent them, and that makes them responsible too?

Yes.

Would he go after them too?

Yes.

No way they would get a free pass back to Saudi Arabia like they did after 9/11. And if some of them died in the process, he would not care.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-16-2015 at 11:29 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2015, 11:36 AM   #2695
Greyfox

Quote:
He seems to often blurt things out while he's in an emotional state. He doesn't always think things through before he speaks. Then when he has time to reflect better, he says what he really means.
Trump does blurt things out, which raises my suspicions about dis-inhibition controls.
However, he read the call for a ban on Muslims from a sheet of paper that he had written before the speech.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #2696
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
1-“total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.” This includes tourists planning to visit the United States as well as Muslim-American citizens now abroad.
Actually, it doesn't include American citizens abroad, but who's counting the finer points, right hcap?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #2697
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
What he needs is a chorus line of dancing girls, we could call them.......the TrumpETTES!

He is a parody of our broken election system. The system is a joke, so having a clown leading the parade is only right!

Enjoy it while you can...eventually one of the other losers will get the nomination and then we can all cry together as yet another stinking bought and paid for liar gets 4 years to further destroy the country. No one in either party is fit to be president. No one. So let's quite pretending we are being represented. We are not. At least Trump is telling some people where to go.

wow, in rare agreement. The Trumpster is a clown. Love the video of him with the Bald Eagle. The guy is funny all the time.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #2698
davew

Quote:
Did I post that he was stupid? No, I've intimated or stated outright that he's a whiner, a flip-flopper and uninformed. He does make some stupid comments, though.
I can't wait until he gets the nomination and starts attacking Hilary in full force.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2015, 11:46 AM   #2699
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom

When the man is right...the man is RIGHT!
Old 12-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #2700
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
"I may run as an independent."

"I'm a Republican."

"If they aren't nice to me, I may run as an independent."

"I will not run as independent."

"I must be treated fairly; otherwise, I might run as an independent."

Last night: he's 100% Republican.

All in the span of a few months (all paraphrased, but absolutely consistent with the spirit of his comments over time).

Total and complete joke. He's a classic flip-flopping, untrustworthy......ahhhhh politician!!!!!!

In other news, Montel Williams said Wednesday:

“If anybody doesn’t think he’s (Trump) going to get the nomination, you’re crazy,” he said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

Well there you have it. Montel has spoken.
So he's a flip flopper like Hillary...whom all the Trump bashers basically concede (whether you're a Republican or Democrat or Independent) is going to WIN the whole thing no matter what...how does she do so well in your minds being a grand flip flopper like Donald?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply