Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #2506
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Texan III
Although there is now absolutely no chance of the Republicans winning the Presidential election it would be interesting that a hypothetical US President could be banned from ever visiting a major ally.

His outright rabble rousing lies about no go Muslim areas in UK (there are zero no go areas) and UK numbers fighting in Syria and Iraq - about 750 total out of 2,710,000 UK Muslim population, 300 are now dead and half are fighting against ISIS not for them, have infuriated UK citizens who do not support racist, windbags in any shape or form.

He is a one man band in losing overseas support for USA.
Even the right wing press such as the Telegraph are absolutely appalled.
He is more politically ignorant than even poor old Sarah Palin.

Donald Trump wins more support in US as petition to ban him from the UK passes half million signatures

British ambassador to Washington delivers withering rebuke to US Republican presidential candidate over claims that Britain is struggling with radicalised Muslims

• Petition to ban Trump from UK becomes most popular ever
• FDR's family criticise Trump over internment comparison
• Trump cancels Israel trip after dozens of MPs accused him of racism
• Dubai firm strips Trump's name from golf complex
• Trump says UK should thank him after losing Scottish degree title
• Allister Heath: Trump's pantomime villainy hinders war on Islamic terror
Meet the voters who support Trump
British ambassador delivers withering rebuttal to Trump

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...news-live.html
As soon as one of these overseas nations need help, guess who they are going to call. You guessed it, Trump. If Trump declares that the USA is going to pull out of NATO because they don't like us watch how fast their support for Trump is revived.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:28 PM   #2507
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Texan III
His outright rabble rousing lies about no go Muslim areas in UK (there are zero no go areas)
'Trump's not wrong – we can't wear uniform in our OWN cars': Five police officers claim Donald Trump is RIGHT about parts of London being so 'radicalised' they are no-go areas

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oon-RIGHT.html
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2015, 10:21 PM   #2508
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
You just did use those words in the same sentence and spoiled my supper.

D'oh!
Old 12-12-2015, 10:25 PM   #2509
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

England was relevant, what 500 years ago?
Old 12-12-2015, 11:02 PM   #2510
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
As soon as one of these overseas nations need help, guess who they are going to call. You guessed it, Trump. If Trump declares that the USA is going to pull out of NATO because they don't like us watch how fast their support for Trump is revived.
ISIS is an easy fix. send 100,000 troops. Iraq War 3.0. The problem is then what. Trump has no answer for that.

POTUS handles all issues China, Russia, economics and in a lot of cases they overlap.

Trump has not reached the Primaries yet and Latin America, the Middle East are already talking about boycotting America. Trump wants to be tough with China and everyone else and call people names and expect a booming US economy??

I see Trump creating worldwide boycotts , lawsuits , and a big ole fat tax cut for himself.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2015, 12:05 AM   #2511
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
ISIS is an easy fix. send 100,000 troops. Iraq War 3.0. The problem is then what. Trump has no answer for that.

POTUS handles all issues China, Russia, economics and in a lot of cases they overlap.

Trump has not reached the Primaries yet and Latin America, the Middle East are already talking about boycotting America. Trump wants to be tough with China and everyone else and call people names and expect a booming US economy??

I see Trump creating worldwide boycotts , lawsuits , and a big ole fat tax cut for himself.
China needs the USA for their products or the Chinese economy would tank. If everyone from Latin America and the Middle East boycott us then we would not have to build a wall if they all stayed home.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:27 AM   #2512
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
China needs the USA for their products or the Chinese economy would tank. If everyone from Latin America and the Middle East boycott us then we would not have to build a wall if they all stayed home.

The days of the US in charge are over. The US cannot solve the middle east because they can't solve their own problems at home , so why listen to the US.

let your boy Trump spit in the Saudi's face and don't let them in. And still get that cheap gas. keep dreaming.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2015, 12:48 AM   #2513
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
I love seeing left wingers heads explode. Trump has EVERYONE on the run from left to right established types.
What few understand of Trump is his message is dual aimed. The establishment is quite afraid of him and what he is saying, it makes Americans of both party's flock to him. The other part of the message that is subliminal is all deals will have to be negotiated by him. This has The Carlyle Group very uneasy, they OWN the establishment lock stock and barrel. War is very big business, we have tried everything. The truth is this administration has by policy unleashed hell on earth, and folks (The Carlyle Group) are licking their chops thinking war will return a very healthy return on investment. Make no mistake they will profit no matter what, but it might cost the American taxpayer less under Trump.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2015, 02:16 AM   #2514
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
What few understand of Trump is his message is dual aimed. The establishment is quite afraid of him and what he is saying, it makes Americans of both party's flock to him. The other part of the message that is subliminal is all deals will have to be negotiated by him. This has The Carlyle Group very uneasy, they OWN the establishment lock stock and barrel. War is very big business, we have tried everything. The truth is this administration has by policy unleashed hell on earth, and folks (The Carlyle Group) are licking their chops thinking war will return a very healthy return on investment. Make no mistake they will profit no matter what, but it might cost the American taxpayer less under Trump.
Excuse me if I have interpreted your post incorrectly, but, you guys (some at least) are all for Trump telling the rest of the world to kiss off, lock everybody out there, out of the US, and lock everybody here, inside the US. You're all for Trump acting big and bad to the rest of the world, while saying that the present administration "unleashed hell on earth" (although I seem to remember this "hell" started well before the present administration took office, and this administration is finally trying to get us out of it, after refocusing on the supposed reason for it and taking out the guy that orchestrated 911, which was what we were supposed to be doing from the git go, remember, not invading Iraq). When you act big and bad, you are inviting conflict. So, what exactly is Trump going to do after he acts all bad, like the Russians and North Korea? Want another cold war? I certainly don't, and I suspect none of you do either, but when you go off on countries who have nuclear weapons capable of reaching the US, what else can result? You think China's just going to tuck their tails and run? Pakistan? Russia? North Korea? And who knows how many others? I think I'd rather worry about a few terrorists.

You can't have it both ways. If you want to be Billy Badass, you better be willing to back up your stupidity with weapons and blood, and that could very well include tactical and long range nuclear weapons. The days of the US's and the Soviet Union's nuclear power scaring everybody else into inaction and submission, are long over. You better be trying to keep a lid on all that stuff, rather than threatening countries that have that capability.

Be careful what you wish for!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2015, 05:17 AM   #2515
hcap

It looks like the demographics do not favor the repubs, Trump, PA off topic and islamaphopes

http://www.people-press.org/2015/04/...y-affiliation/

A new analysis of long-term trends in party affiliation among the public provides a detailed portrait of where the parties stand among various groups in the population. It draws on more than 25,000 interviews conducted by the Pew Research Center in 2014....

..The share of independents in the public, which long ago surpassed the percentages of either Democrats or Republicans, continues to increase. Based on 2014 data, 39% identify as independents, 32% as Democrats and 23% as Republicans. This is the highest percentage of independents in more than 75 years of public opinion polling. (For a timeline of party affiliation among the public since 1939, see this interactive feature.)

The data:
http://www.pewresearch.org/data-tren...dentification/

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Demo.jpg (77.9 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by hcap; 12-13-2015 at 05:18 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2015, 09:33 AM   #2516
magwell

Hard to believe those independents will go for the Hag over Trump or Cruz when push come to shove ..........
Old 12-13-2015, 09:49 AM   #2517
classhandicapper

All the scare tactics by the right and all the name calling by the left etc.. is total bullshit.

As I've been saying from the beginning, this is a mathematics problem.

1. We know beyond all doubt that the probability of someone being a terrorist with anti-western and anti-US feelings is greater from some Muslim countries than pretty much anywhere else in the world. Anything else is PC bullshit and bad math.

2. We know beyond all doubt from the results in the US, France, and everywhere else that we cannot vet the people coming from those countries because we don't have the data and they will use every means at their disposal to get around it. Anything else is PC bullshit and bad math.

3. We know without a doubt that some small percentage of those here now are either already our enemies or can be turned against us. Anything else is PC bullshit and bad math.

So this is the math question.

How many innocent bodies in how many western countries is enough to set aside our ideals?

How many extra innocent deaths are willing to accept before we say "people from country X, Y, and Z cannot come here during a time of war? "

It's a very simple question but it's a very difficult one to answer.

This is a disagreement about the death of innocents vs. our ideals. The pile of innocent bodies is going to continue growing. That is 100% certain. How big does it have to get before we say enough? Everything else is bullshit.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-13-2015 at 10:03 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2015, 10:00 AM   #2518
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
Excuse me if I have interpreted your post incorrectly, but, you guys (some at least) are all for Trump telling the rest of the world to kiss off, lock everybody out there, out of the US, and lock everybody here, inside the US. You're all for Trump acting big and bad to the rest of the world, while saying that the present administration "unleashed hell on earth" (although I seem to remember this "hell" started well before the present administration took office, and this administration is finally trying to get us out of it, after refocusing on the supposed reason for it and taking out the guy that orchestrated 911, which was what we were supposed to be doing from the git go, remember, not invading Iraq). When you act big and bad, you are inviting conflict. So, what exactly is Trump going to do after he acts all bad, like the Russians and North Korea? Want another cold war? I certainly don't, and I suspect none of you do either, but when you go off on countries who have nuclear weapons capable of reaching the US, what else can result? You think China's just going to tuck their tails and run? Pakistan? Russia? North Korea? And who knows how many others? I think I'd rather worry about a few terrorists.

You can't have it both ways. If you want to be Billy Badass, you better be willing to back up your stupidity with weapons and blood, and that could very well include tactical and long range nuclear weapons. The days of the US's and the Soviet Union's nuclear power scaring everybody else into inaction and submission, are long over. You better be trying to keep a lid on all that stuff, rather than threatening countries that have that capability.

Be careful what you wish for!
Here we are, if your going to admonish your countrymen for for our positions and policy of the past do everyone a favor and consider Trump elected and do it now. But seriously consider those just laid to rest as someones mother, father, son, and daughter. We can admonish the current leaders for destabilizing policy that we are living now, you suggest the past is something that we have to pay for with today's policy. The open borders far far left wing mindset is loaded with stupidly, so Trump is going far far to the right in his thought just to bring some of you fools in between to the middle ground. Consider that current left wing minority leaders are well past the bingo age and soon will be in assisted living instead of the United States Congress. The next crop of lefty's for the Congress will face this days worried public over our current geopolitical situations, this is not to say those on the right who are well past the bingo hall age who once were considered mavericks are also slated for replacement by hopefully tea party favored. The post you replied to suggested The Carlyle Group specifically owned the establishment wing of the republican party, you offered nothing to that. This administration has 13 months left, if that time is filled with horrendous events do you really think they are going to call for Hillary to continue the stupidly of today?

Last edited by fast4522; 12-13-2015 at 10:03 AM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2015, 10:12 AM   #2519
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
Why does Trump get a "Guide to Understanding?"

Why does he need one?
Because people on the left do not understand the strong backlash to the right and I thought that article explained it very well.

IMO, the best thing about Trump is that he's making Cruz seem moderate.

I can live with Rubio, but I don't think much is going to change with him.

I can see real conservative change coming from Cruz because he's the only one besides Trump (who doesn't need politics at all) to have the courage to go down in flames politically trying to do the right thing on budgets, deficits, taxes, entitlements, the Fed etc... that I think are critical. He's the only one with the courage to say I think X, Y, and Z should be legal, but IMHO they are immoral, producing bad results for our country, and we need to encourage values that produce positive results. Until we get someone with both balls and brains (and Cruz has both in spades) to defy PC and the media, that's willing to tell the truth, take the heat, and actually get at least something done we are going to continue on the slow path to economic and social doom.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-13-2015 at 10:15 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2015, 10:13 AM   #2520
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Excuse me if I have interpreted your post incorrectly, but, you guys (some at least) are all for Trump telling the rest of the world to kiss off, lock everybody out there, out of the US, and lock everybody here, inside the US.
You're excused for getting it wrong.