Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
TravisVOX
Track Announcer

Curlin is going to Dubai

The Star-Telegram reports it, and the Dispatch has it.

He's leaving February 15.

http://www.racingdispatch.com/
TravisVOX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
ALostTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisVOX
The Star-Telegram reports it, and the Dispatch has it.

He's leaving February 15.

http://www.racingdispatch.com/
Glad to hear this. I cannot wait to see him compete against the very best in the world...
ALostTexan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
lamboguy

Curlin prep

i have to hand it to STEVE ASMUSSEN. he certainly does not cave into pressure.
i posted a few weeks ago that if i were the guy in charge of curlin, i would have given him prep race or dubaii surface. i never expected asmussen to go that route though, i thought he would have him at gulfstream or fairgrounds then take the trip.

good luck to curlin
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Well, if anything is going to ruin him.........this will......speaking from past experience anyway
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
Shenanigans

I always felt this horse ran well despite his trainer. The horse has "grown" enormous since Asmussen got him. Are steroids banned in Dubai?
Shenanigans is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #6
46zilzal
velocitician

His style fits that contest.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
njcurveball

Do they have stricter drug testng in Dubai? If this guy is as guilty as people claim, he is taking a big chance sending his big gun over there so soon.

Of course, if he is doing nothing wrong, than he will be fine.

Jim
njcurveball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #8
rgustafson

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcurveball
Do they have stricter drug testng in Dubai? If this guy is as guilty as people claim, he is taking a big chance sending his big gun over there so soon.

Jim
Don't really think Asmussen has the call, Jess Jackson is in charge.
rgustafson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #9
Shenanigans

Quote:

Jim

I don't think Asmussen would have to administer anything extra to Curlin to get him to run (At least I would hope the man isn't THAT stupid). The horse has extraordinary talent but anyone that paid any attention to the horse over his three year old season can see how much bulk he gained. Granted, he didn't having a too taxing campaign, but the horse has way more muscle than before Asmussen got him. Yes, one can say he's maturing, but usually you don't see that much bulk in that short of time with a campaigning horse. Since steriods are only now getting attention from racing regulations (and are now being banned in some racing jurisdictions) they were not an uncommon "supplement" among trainers. With Asmussens record of using every other drug (legal or illegal) to its max, I wouldn't be surprised if Curlin is getting a healthy dose of Equipoise or Winstrol V or whatever Mr. Asmussen prefers.
Shenanigans is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2008, 08:52 PM   #10
point given

Quote:

Jim
This will be interesting. Brass hat was DQ'd from 2nd last year for a trace amount of a drug after trainer followed the directions from Dubai of how many weeks to stop taking certain supplements etc.

Curlin looked huge to me at Belmont, and I had my suspicions. He has been off since the BC , so his system must be clear of everything by now. But, I'll always think of Assman as a juicer, so it will be good to see Curlin run in a "clean" country. Hope he wins and proves it again.
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2008, 12:51 AM   #11
gIracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenanigans
I don't think Asmussen would have to administer anything extra to Curlin to get him to run (At least I would hope the man isn't THAT stupid). The horse has extraordinary talent but anyone that paid any attention to the horse over his three year old season can see how much bulk he gained. Granted, he didn't having a too taxing campaign, but the horse has way more muscle than before Asmussen got him. Yes, one can say he's maturing, but usually you don't see that much bulk in that short of time with a campaigning horse. Since steriods are only now getting attention from racing regulations (and are now being banned in some racing jurisdictions) they were not an uncommon "supplement" among trainers. With Asmussens record of using every other drug (legal or illegal) to its max, I wouldn't be surprised if Curlin is getting a healthy dose of Equipoise or Winstrol V or whatever Mr. Asmussen prefers.
with Premium tap errr Allum and Asatic Boy over there he is going to have to be on his A Game to win, no doubt about that.
gIracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2008, 04:24 AM   #12
Marlin

Thank God the Dispatch has it!!! What would we do? Curlin = MONSTER. He will not lose an important race again. He is the best horse most of us have seen, (inculding Cigar and Ratzapper)
Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2008, 07:35 AM   #13
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

Good to see Curlin is scheduled for a prep prior to the big race and another dangerous one he might run against is Happy Boy, Brazilian bred just bought by the Sheiks, he cruised in the easiest of ways in a Dubai prep a couple of weeks ago though he had a perfect trip/set up, he looks like one very fast colt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFNAL6Uf1DM
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply