Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 10-31-2007, 05:26 PM   #1
NoCal Boy

Youbet reorts BC handles; Where is TVG and TrackNet?

I guess the vast majority did not follow the lead of some vocal members here and pull their money out of Youbet prior to the BC. It reported only a 1% decline in wagering for Friday and Saturday despite the steep decline in BC wagering on their site and overall. They have also improved their website by adding additional features in the last week or so.

Now, where are the BC handle numbers for TrackNet's ADW's? Or TVG?

Wouldn't the Breeders Cup be somewhat of a good indicator of how the competition fared against each other since all offered it?

I am a Youbet subscriber and want to see them do well so I am admitedly baised in favor of their platform. But there are also plenty of others here who are biased in other directions. It just would be nice to see some BC numbers out of all the major ADW's. My guess is TVG will report in the next day or so. They historically do the best.
NoCal Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
Bobzilla

Question NoCal Boy

I was at the Breeders' Cup this past weekend and was doing my playing at the windows with cash. Having said that I do have some money in a YouBet account as that's the only way I can currently play New York. You're much more up on this stuff than I am, so is there really a true reason as to why there should be a "run on the bank" in regard to YouBet accounts when the federal investigation is of YouBets subsidiary IRG? My understanding is that the Feds have siezes IRG bank accounts. Any money in a YouBet acount is probably safe.... or am I out of my mind for assuming that?
Bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCal Boy
I guess the vast majority did not follow the lead of some vocal members here and pull their money out of Youbet prior to the BC. It reported only a 1% decline in wagering for Friday and Saturday despite the steep decline in BC wagering on their site and overall. They have also improved their website by adding additional features in the last week or so.

Now, where are the BC handle numbers for TrackNet's ADW's? Or TVG?

Wouldn't the Breeders Cup be somewhat of a good indicator of how the competition fared against each other since all offered it?

I am a Youbet subscriber and want to see them do well so I am admitedly baised in favor of their platform. But there are also plenty of others here who are biased in other directions. It just would be nice to see some BC numbers out of all the major ADW's. My guess is TVG will report in the next day or so. They historically do the best.
C'mon, NoCal Boy, Youbet subscriber only?....... no other financial interest in Youbet making you baised in favor of their platform?
Also, why no news from Youbet on their IRG BC handle?
trigger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2007, 05:54 PM   #4
NoCal Boy

Unless you figure Youbet is lying in its SEC filings, there is no indication that Youbet's ADW operations are in any manner connected to the IRG investigation. IRG is an offshore rebate house, far different than Youbet, AmericaTab, XpressBet and others domestically in the US. I guess anything is possible, and the conspiracy theorists are always giving their two cents of pending gloom, but one would think Youbet would have to file an 8-k with the SEC if the Feds turned their attention directly to them given their statements in prior SEC filings that Youbet is not a target.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:59 PM   #5
NoCal Boy

IRG did not have the BC so the handle is a big fat zero. I did recently purchase some shares of Youbet for speculative purposes as I think there is value when this IRG mess finally gets resolved in some fashion, but I doubt the BC handles mean one iota to that share price. It does seem to show the core ADW business is not deteriorating. That is it for my interest in Youbet.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:08 PM   #6
gIracing

there is an ADW section of this forum for a reason
gIracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2007, 06:18 PM   #7
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIracing
there is an ADW section of this forum for a reason

I keep forgetting-who owns IRG? I know it's not Microsoft and I know it's not CNN....damn, I just can't think of the owner of IRG..............

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2007, 07:28 PM   #8
jillybeans

Betonover...i am taking up a collection for a new door for Lou....what can I put you down for?
jillybeans is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2007, 08:13 PM   #9
betovernetcapper

Whatever it takes-I'm a firm believer in doors.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
Old 10-31-2007, 08:43 PM   #10
alydar

Reading this board on a daily basis I am surprised to hear that anyone was considering pulling their money form Youbet or had much against them.

Jillybeans, if you are referring to Lou T., what is our problem with him? He is a very respectable individual. I am getting a little tired of your endless accusations. So far, nothing has happened in spite of all of your dire predictions.

I am not saying for even one minute that there are not issues and people are likely to be going down. But my hunch is most will be disappointed based on all the talk here, which by the way has gotten very quiet lately.
alydar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #11
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydar
So far, nothing has happened in spite of all of your dire predictions.
I don't know how you can say that nothing has happened. We've had the Feds seize bank accounts, IRG denied the Breeders Cup signals and the Oregon Racing Board vote to suspend their license. It's true nothing has happened today, but I'm floored by what's happened so far.
I'm also impressed by how accurate some of Jilly's predictions have been. I shouldn't be surprised however because he won the Signal Wars Journalism pool by a huge margin.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:53 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCal Boy
I guess the vast majority did not follow the lead of some vocal members here and pull their money out of Youbet prior to the BC.
I must have missed that post. What vocal members pulled their money out of YouBet prior to the BC?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2007, 02:08 AM   #13
jillybeans

Betover, why waste your breath? I am seriously considering coming out of retirement to open a door replacement service out here in Vegas. Its like a Who's Who list of offshore horse types out here in Sin City when I hear each day the name of another individual who had his door kicked in by our US Government. Sure glad I never got involved in this offshore monkey business.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:53 AM   #14
jillybeans

I believe i have provided fair updates concerning the 'front door' crisis that has apparently victimized the offshore bet types here in Las Vegas. Has anyone had reports of front doors being kicked in at other cities? Like Woodland Hills, Louisville, Barrington, etc?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #15
northerndancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper
I don't know how you can say that nothing has happened. We've had the Feds seize bank accounts, IRG denied the Breeders Cup signals and the Oregon Racing Board vote to suspend their license. It's true nothing has happened today, but I'm floored by what's happened so far.
I'm also impressed by how accurate some of Jilly's predictions have been. I shouldn't be surprised however because he won the Signal Wars Journalism pool by a huge margin.
Bet I have found you to be a reliable and refreshing source of information and I thank you for that....... you have always stated accurate facts about the situations you comment....... why did you chose to taint the Oregon Racing Commission's decision concerning IRG....... you specifically state that IRG's license was suspended in your post....... according to the minutes of the ORC's meeting (that Ian posted on the thread) it states:

Gabliks: All this is - the motion before you is to prepare a notice of intent to suspend. That notice of intent to suspend will be served on IRG. It will contain all of the procedural requirements and protections that they have, one of which will be the right to request a hearing.

A noitce of intent to suspend is not a true suspension. I am sure you were just mistaken in your post.
northerndancer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply