Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #16
toussaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBmadera
I was thinking the exact same thing - other than changes the only time I have the volume up is when someone is commenting on how the horses look in the paddock/on track. I am all for the cute women but what I would really like is some 'pro' describing how the horses are looking and acting pre-race. That's the one big short coming of being an internet bettor, we're almost blind pre-race.
what you have to understand is that is not what the paddock person is there for. that's not supposed to be their job.

we are outlying what we as intermediate/advanced handicappers would like for tracks to do to cater to us, but the paddock person, the person on the track feed giving picks is not catering to us for the most part. Especially seasonal tracks like oaklawn, fair grounds, remington park, etc. they are catering to the person who comes to the rack and just wants to gamble, has very little knowledge of how to handicap and hasn't done a lick of research

alot of times if you pay attention they take it so far as to even have to explain the wagers like what is a hi 5 wager and what is a pick 4 wager or what not.
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #17
BIG49010

I thought he worked at Turfway a few years ago, but I got a look at him tonight and I don't think it is the same guy.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #18
toussaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbet
Rachel McLaughlin is the new commentator at Hoosier.
I watched their races last night...
Nice full fields with nice payoffs...will definitely be playing again.

Patrick

Hoosier
last year i tuned in to the track feed and there was a nice woman and a man doing the feed. i guess they were the old direction?
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #19
Elliott Sidewater

Thumbs down PID could be even worse than the stock market

The racing at PID is downright depressing to watch (and listen to).
1) the horses names and odds are in black print on the TV screen, making them almost impossible to decipher
2) the track announcer has all of the enthusiasm of a mortician
3) the jockeys have adjusted to the surface and now all know how to deliver a "tapeta ride". On or close to a slow slow pace, grind it out to the finish. 8 times a night, 5 days a week. Week after week, month after month. This is horse racing?? Spare me.
4) either there's something wrong with the filter they use on the camera there, or there has been a partial eclipse hovering over the track for 4 years. It's always dark, even at 5 PM when the races start. I guess that's OK, if you are a coal miner. It's probably always cold and damp, too.
5) other than the connections of the horses that are running, there appears be a live crowd of less than 20 people nightly.

All in all, I'd prefer watching taped jai alai matches from the 70's over the tripe that passes for racing at PID.
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #20
Bruddah
Veteran

The older you guys get, the more you are going to appreciate those cutie pies, at the track. Some can handicap and some can just stand there and look good. It doesn't take long to figure out which ones to listen to, as well as admire their femininity.

Good looking young ladies bring young men to the track and that makes for bigger pooles. So, bring on those little cuties!
Bruddah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #21
BreadandButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Sidewater
The racing at PID is downright depressing to watch (and listen to).
1) the horses names and odds are in black print on the TV screen, making them almost impossible to decipher
2) the track announcer has all of the enthusiasm of a mortician
3) the jockeys have adjusted to the surface and now all know how to deliver a "tapeta ride". On or close to a slow slow pace, grind it out to the finish. 8 times a night, 5 days a week. Week after week, month after month. This is horse racing?? Spare me.
4) either there's something wrong with the filter they use on the camera there, or there has been a partial eclipse hovering over the track for 4 years. It's always dark, even at 5 PM when the races start. I guess that's OK, if you are a coal miner. It's probably always cold and damp, too.
5) other than the connections of the horses that are running, there appears be a live crowd of less than 20 people nightly.

All in all, I'd prefer watching taped jai alai matches from the 70's over the tripe that passes for racing at PID.

Perhaps your computer or television settings aren't optimized to some degree? I often watch Presque Isle and never noticed any issues and am actually watching the feed as I type this response. I can clearly see the brightness of the sun, shadows from the horses etc.. I can even read the signage on the starting gate truck which reads, "Big Box Rentals". Are you watching on television or a computer feed?
BreadandButter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #22
ElKabong

the PID racecaller sounds just like Al Franken's normal tone of voice to be honest...at least to me he does.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #23
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
the PID racecaller sounds just like Al Franken's normal tone of voice to be honest...at least to me he does.

He sounds like Rev. Lovejoy from the Simpsons
duncan04 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2011, 01:28 AM   #24
ElKabong

yes, he does.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #25
murph8

murph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
So you have three nice pairs?
hing she is very hot
murph8 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply