Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-06-2022, 10:40 AM   #61
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
If the job market is so great, why are so many business people telling me that they cannot find help? Or why are there so many signs on different retail businesses advertising for help?

The other day when I went into BJ's Wholesale Club, at the entrance they had this huge free standing Help Wanted floor sign that listed at least 15 different positions they were looking to fill.

What I'm hearing everywhere is that people don't want to work, which means they must be getting government handouts to subsidize their laziness.
You are absolutely correct on this, I have been in the Staffing business for over 25 years and the current need is unprecedented. Virtually every sector from manufacturing to distribution and everything in between.

Businesses that relied on one or two staffing sources now are forced to use four to five and are still struggling. It is way to easy to game the system especially in Calfornia and most refuse to budge as they are content to be lazy and uninspired.

Those like the mailman who did not have the drive to succeed or a family to take care of live in a warped reality believing all they are fed.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 10:50 AM   #62
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Most of those job were IRS agents.
Old 08-06-2022, 12:10 PM   #63
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasone View Post
Dont know if it was said before…but…with all those “created” jobs, we are only above the pre pandemic by something like 32,000 jobs(numbers may be a little off. Basically mostly just jobs recovered. Someone losing a job and then being called back isn’t really a created job. And we are still missing a lot of people that never came back. Only jobs that were probably created were manufacturing jobs which Trump probably got going trying to get more stuff being made in the US and now Biden jumping on that bandwagon.
It has been said before and each time it has been wrong. The metric is jobs created in a month. In this case, the month of July. 528,000 jobs that did not exist in June now exist in July. If 2020 had been a Democratic recession, Republicans would be all over themselves crowing about the job numbers. But since there is rarely a Democratic recession, we shall never know.
Old 08-06-2022, 12:18 PM   #64
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
If the job market is so great, why are so many business people telling me that they cannot find help? Or why are there so many signs on different retail businesses advertising for help?

The other day when I went into BJ's Wholesale Club, at the entrance they had this huge free standing Help Wanted floor sign that listed at least 15 different positions they were looking to fill.

What I'm hearing everywhere is that people don't want to work, which means they must be getting government handouts to subsidize their laziness.
You don’t even realize that you just proved there is no recession. How can there be a recession if 96.5% of those looking for jobs have jobs and there are still so many jobs looking to be filled.

I know you get off on making yourself feel better by putting others down. The truth is most people want to work. Most people want their families to have better things. Most people do not want handouts. By most people, I mean everybody.
Old 08-06-2022, 12:36 PM   #65
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
You are absolutely correct on this, I have been in the Staffing business for over 25 years and the current need is unprecedented. Virtually every sector from manufacturing to distribution and everything in between.

Businesses that relied on one or two staffing sources now are forced to use four to five and are still struggling. It is way to easy to game the system especially in Calfornia and most refuse to budge as they are content to be lazy and uninspired.

Those like the mailman who did not have the drive to succeed or a family to take care of live in a warped reality believing all they are fed.
Another guy who makes himself feel better by putting others down. What makes you think you work any harder than the man or woman who delivers your mail? Do you work in the pouring rain? Do you work in 90 degree temperatures or below zero? Do you climb 500 steps a day, every day? By the way, down is almost as bad as up. In addition, a carrier is expected to complete his route in a timely fashion regardless of the weather or the amount of mail.

What do you do? You sit in an air conditioned office and make phone calls. Or wait for someone to call you and say I need a Secretary for a week or a mechanic for three months.

I’m not saying that’s the easiest job, but it’s it physically demanding compared to that mechanic you send out or the day laborer you dispatch.

Just like oxcR,your opening paragraph gives lie to the assertion we are in a recession.
Old 08-06-2022, 12:50 PM   #66
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Another guy who makes himself feel better by putting others down. What makes you think you work any harder than the man or woman who delivers your mail? Do you work in the pouring rain? Do you work in 90 degree temperatures or below zero? Do you climb 500 steps a day, every day? By the way, down is almost as bad as up. In addition, a carrier is expected to complete his route in a timely fashion regardless of the weather or the amount of mail.

What do you do? You sit in an air conditioned office and make phone calls. Or wait for someone to call you and say I need a Secretary for a week or a mechanic for three months.

I’m not saying that’s the easiest job, but it’s it physically demanding compared to that mechanic you send out or the day laborer you dispatch.

Just like oxcR,your opening paragraph gives lie to the assertion we are in a recession.
I am certainly not making myself feel better just gleaning from the perspective you present.

I have been working since I was around 13 and am now 58. Worked 10 years at FedEx as a swing driver who had to learn over 50 routes in a facility compared to those who had the same route day to day. At this present time I am not in a air conditioned office making phone calls, I am out in the field daily as a salesman in CA and a owner in AZ.

If you can't take it, do not dish it out. I apologize if I hurt your feelings.
Old 08-06-2022, 01:23 PM   #67
boxcar

Quote:
You don’t even realize that you just proved there is no recession. How can there be a recession if 96.5% of those looking for jobs have jobs and there are still so many jobs looking to be filled.

I know you get off on making yourself feel better by putting others down. The truth is most people want to work. Most people want their families to have better things. Most people do not want handouts. By most people, I mean everybody.
The world is "down" by its own accord. For ALL (including you) are sinners (Rom 3:10). (Don't the priests at your Catholic church teach you anything?) As sinners, we're seriously flawed. And one of those flaws is slothfulness about which the bible often speaks.

Also, you're 96.5% phony baloney number is meaningless. After all what would 96.5% of 50% be if only 50% were looking for jobs? Or if only 40% were looking? Or if only 30% were? I'm sure you get my drift... So, you need to tell us, Einstein, how many people exactly were looking for jobs.
Old 08-06-2022, 01:53 PM   #68
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Why the hell should we believe someone with actual experience with boots on the ground running a business over and above Cliffy, who gets his worldly knowledge from liberal propaganda sites?

The Cliffys of the world also seem to be blind to the fact a lot of people

that only desired or needed part time work got showered with free money often way more than they made working. I personally know one still sitting on their ass.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 02:05 PM   #69
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Another guy who makes himself feel better by putting others down.

I cannot believe you typed that, find someone here who throws insults more than you.

You get put down because you constantly walk into battles where you are unarmed and get shredded. You act like nothing exists outside of your small world and what is told to you by the liberal propaganda sites you call news.
If someone says something that doesn't fit the above or your misleading facts
you dig up, you accuse them of lying.

The odd thing is how in the world why do you come across as a know it all?
You never claimed higher education or any work experience outside of USPS,
and you are an apartment dweller. Your lifestyle doesn't expose you to much.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 08-06-2022 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:11 PM   #70
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post

I cannot believe you typed that, find someone here who throws insults more that you.

You get put down because you constantly walk into battles where you are unarmed and get shredded. You act like nothing exists outside of your small world and what is told to you by the liberal propaganda sites you call news.

Who hides under the rock that is under his bed. It's because his universe is so small that he feels so big in it.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:14 PM   #71
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:

I cannot believe you typed that, find someone here who throws insults more that you.
Cliffy is just delusional. All his posts are proof. And don't forget -- he is the proud possessor of zero IQ..er..rep points.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:22 PM   #72
mostpost

Quote:

I’ve gone over this before. I didn’t start at the post office until I was 37 years old. I have a degree from Southern Illinois University. I have worked in the insurance industry. I worked for Motorola, way back when they were still making Televisions. I worked both on the factory floor as a stock boy and in the office in purchasing. I worked in the office of two different companies that manufactured Doors, Windows, cabinets and other home products. And I worked in my family’s grocery store right out of high school.

OH!!! MY!! GOD!!! I’m an apartment dweller.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:30 PM   #73
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Why the hell should we believe someone with actual experience with boots on the ground running a business over and above Cliffy, who gets his worldly knowledge from liberal propaganda sites?

The Cliffys of the world also seem to be blind to the fact a lot of people

that only desired or needed part time work got showered with free money often way more than they made working. I personally know one still sitting on their ass.
When your out in real world it is imperative that you fight and claw and remain consistent, you do not need to watch the news to obtain a viewpoint.

Was always hyper competitive with a chip on my shoulder and it has served me well, I assume you are similar in that regard from what I read about your athletic upbringing to a business owner

With regards to MP he is a 80 plus year old man and I do respect the elderly but he is out of touch and defends even the indefensible. I have refrained from the f-bombs in his direction and may have touched a nerve with my most recent comment, that was unintentional.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:35 PM   #74
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
Cliffy is just delusional. All his posts are proof. And don't forget -- he is the proud possessor of zero IQ..er..rep points.

He is one of those people, the 13 percenters that think Biden is doing a great job and refuse to listen to any news that isn't produced from liberal propaganda sites. A good example of that, I have told liberals I know including my girlfriend to watch Court Tv coverage on a case with a political divide and then watch how liberal sites will cover it. Court Tv is unbiased by the way, they have commentators equally divided from both sides of the fence, and show a lot of live testimony. Of course they are "too busy" to watch Court Tv but probably watch 90 minutes of liberal "news" a day.

My best Court Tv example was the Kyle Rittenhouse trial. Anyone who watched would even wonder why he was tried in the first place as even prosecution witnesses testified to him defending himself, they weren't all that bright.

People who watched liberal outlet coverage snippets thought he was easily guilty. Two people I know were duped in to thinking he shot 3 black people,
because Biden and Harris labeled him a racist.

They hate people for not thinking exactly like them, and are convinced being a Democrat adds 30 points to your I.Q. and being a Republican drops it 30 points. Cliff thinks AOC is brilliant, I have heard others call Maxine Waters highly intelligent, all while calling Trump stupid. Stupid people don't become billionaires in real estate.

They are also hypocrites to the highest degree, fine with BLM rioters assaulting police and burning and looting, but want the Capitol invaders to get life in prison or shot for treason.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:55 PM   #75
Inner Dirt

Quote:
When your out in real world it is imperative that you fight and claw and remain consistent, you do not need to watch the news to obtain a viewpoint.

Was always hyper competitive with a chip on my shoulder and it has served me well, I assume you are similar in that regard from what I read about your athletic upbringing to a business owner

With regards to MP he is a 80 plus year old man and I do respect the elderly but he is out of touch and defends even the indefensible. I have refrained from the f-bombs in his direction and may have touched a nerve with my most recent comment, that was unintentional.

We might be a lot alike, but I would never apologize to Cliffy, he deserves all
the dirt kicked in his face he gets. When he insults fellow business owners and managers when he knows zero, that gets my goat. I am 61, but my drive
is waning, too many times having "used hard" in my running lines catching up with me.

Cliffy reminds me of some of those Pepperdine MBAs I ran across when I spent a couple years in my early 20's as an office manager and doing inside/outside sales, that was before I got into machining and never left.
I worked at an electric wholesale house in East La, long since defunct and a Grainger in Irvine. At least those people had an education, but they seemed to be educated idiots, prestigious degree at the time, but lacked the common sense and ability to think on their feet. Figuring out how to apply the book learned knowledge is just as important as learning it.