Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-20-2022, 06:37 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Mayor Pete is an idiot!

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022...to-evs-n484048

This is why Democrats don’t get it. He wants the government to force everyone into an electric car and the government is to pickup part of the price for EVERYONE
Old 07-20-2022, 08:09 PM   #2
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

This is why Democrats don’t get it. He wants the government to force everyone into an electric car and the government is to pickup part of the price for EVERYONE
This yo-yo makes rocks look intelligent.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:11 PM   #3
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

Problems with getting rid of the batterys at end of life on that scale could be bigger than carbon.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2022, 08:17 PM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Yup...everyone just wants to rush out to not only buy one of these things (expensive), but also retrofit their homes to allow them to charge their new found pride and joy (again, expensive).

Then pray it doesn't burn their house down while charging it...
Old 07-20-2022, 08:26 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Problems with getting rid of the batterys at end of life on that scale could be bigger than carbon.
Excellent point
Old 07-20-2022, 08:52 PM   #6
OntheRail

And where does Pete Butthead think all this new demand for Watts is going to be met from...Thin Air? Then the needed capacity to deliver it to your garage. The grid can't handle it as it is now even if they could pull it right out of thin air. And add Fast's point into the mix and we are ass deep in toxic battery waste in 5-10 years. Another thing all those plastic battery cases and EV body parts... come from oil. So not as green as they say it is.

No EV for me... Gas it and go. More fuel for me with every sucker that goes EV. I'll revert steam before E-power.

Hope this duck tosses his skirt into the mix to replace Joe Briben on the ticket. Maybe Pete and Hillary could team up for a Titanic run at the Whitehouse.
Old 07-20-2022, 09:19 PM   #7
jimmyb

Today Biden said he caught cancer from an oily windshield!!!

jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2022, 11:14 PM   #8
mostpost

Some facts.
The average American drives 1183 miles each month.
To travel that distance an electric car uses 394 KwH of electricity.
Although costs vary across the nation, the typical household pays 14 cents per KWH for electricity. So, the coat of driving an electric car for one month is $55.00

Meanwhile, my Rav 4 gets about 23 mpg here in the city. Gasoline is currently $5.59 a gallon. Therefore, my cost for a month of driving is $287.00. I would save $232.00 a month if I had an electric car.

Producing 394 KWH of electricity requires 30 gallons of oil- the equivalent of 9 gallons of refined gasoline.
Driving 1183 miles ina conventional automobile requires 51 gallons of gasoline.

Last edited by mostpost; 07-20-2022 at 11:27 PM.
mostpost is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2022, 12:10 AM   #9
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Some facts.
The average American drives 1183 miles each month.
To travel that distance an electric car uses 394 KwH of electricity.
Although costs vary across the nation, the typical household pays 14 cents per KWH for electricity. So, the coat of driving an electric car for one month is $55.00

Meanwhile, my Rav 4 gets about 23 mpg here in the city. Gasoline is currently $5.59 a gallon. Therefore, my cost for a month of driving is $287.00. I would save $232.00 a month if I had an electric car.

Producing 394 KWH of electricity requires 30 gallons of oil- the equivalent of 9 gallons of refined gasoline.
Driving 1183 miles ina conventional automobile requires 51 gallons of gasoline.
You grubs will jack the price of electricicy and get even more in taxes than your gouging the middle class now. It is just your latest shell game, you people will be exposed in the midterms.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2022, 01:34 AM   #10
xtb

The batteries don't last

Family learns unforgettable lesson when electric vehicle battery suddenly dies, replacement costs more than the car

Quote:
Avery Siwinski, a 17-year-old from St. Petersburg, loved her electric Ford Focus. Her parents spent $11,000 on the used vehicle, a 2014 with 60,000 miles on the odometer. Siwinski described her wheels as "small and quiet and cute."

Then one day, just six months after her parents purchased the vehicle, it suddenly stopped working.

"In March, it started giving an alert," Siwinski told WTSP-TV. "And then we took it to the shop and it stopped running."

The car, according to mechanics, needed a new battery. Unfortunately, a local Ford dealership said replacing the battery will cost $14,000 — and that figure did not even include labor costs. The dealership even made an embarrassing offer of $500 for the vehicle.

But, according to Siwinski's grandfather Ray, the story gets worse.

Don't miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. Listen to The Rubin Report now.
Weeks after learning a battery replacement costs more than the car itself, Ray Siwinski learned owners of the electric Ford Focus cannot even buy replacement batteries. Ford discontinued production of the vehicle several years ago.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/electr...-more-than-car
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2022, 08:46 AM   #11
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Nothing "could" about it. Disposal of dead batteries will be a huge problem, and take a guess who will pay for it. Here's a wild one: Perhaps the same people who currently pay for tire disposal? Consumers bear all costs.
Old 07-21-2022, 10:32 AM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
And where does Pete Butthead think all this new demand for Watts is going to be met from...Thin Air? Then the needed capacity to deliver it to your garage. The grid can't handle it as it is now even if they could pull it right out of thin air. And add Fast's point into the mix and we are ass deep in toxic battery waste in 5-10 years. Another thing all those plastic battery cases and EV body parts... come from oil. So not as green as they say it is.

No EV for me... Gas it and go. More fuel for me with every sucker that goes EV. I'll revert steam before E-power.

Hope this duck tosses his skirt into the mix to replace Joe Briben on the ticket. Maybe Pete and Hillary could team up for a Titanic run at the Whitehouse.
Thin air is the answer! Solar panels! It will only cost about a measly $3500 for all required items, to offset the power usage of your electric car! That is only missing installation hardware which I am not calculating that because it will vary depending on whether you put your 120 square feet of panels on your roof or put them in a frame on the ground. Of course if you don't have tools,
or a typical person that says screw that on messing with electricity, as this needs to be tied to your service entrance if you want to never impact the grid, figure another $1500 for installation. So only $5,000 to make sure your electric car isn't straining the grid during peak hours.

Of course a greenie pimping electric cars and green solar power either doesn't know the math or disregards it. Companies selling solar items also mislead to the point I would call a lot of it false advertising. I saw one that implied it was a stand alone off grid 2400 watt system. In reality it had panels to produce 800 watts, the 2400 watts was the size of the inverter.

I am sure if Mayor Pete said a $500 solar system the size of a small flat screen TV would charge your electric car for free and make your transportation carbon foot print zero, a lot of people would believe him.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2022, 10:42 AM   #13
xtb

Last Sunday I was driving south of Watertown NY and came upon a "wind farm" where there were dozens and dozens of huge windmills. Not a single windmill was moving! My 10 year old was with me and I told her to remember this the next time someone tries to convince her of the virtues of wind energy.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2022, 11:13 AM   #14
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Last Sunday I was driving south of Watertown NY and came upon a "wind farm" where there were dozens and dozens of huge windmills. Not a single windmill was moving! My 10 year old was with me and I told her to remember this the next time someone tries to convince her of the virtues of wind energy.
those are stealth windmills that kill fewer birds
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2022, 11:18 AM   #15
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Thin air is the answer! Solar panels! It will only cost about a measly $3500 for all required items, to offset the power usage of your electric car! That is only missing installation hardware which I am not calculating that because it will vary depending on whether you put your 120 square feet of panels on your roof or put them in a frame on the ground. Of course if you don't have tools,
or a typical person that says screw that on messing with electricity, as this needs to be tied to your service entrance if you want to never impact the grid, figure another $1500 for installation. So only $5,000 to make sure your electric car isn't straining the grid during peak hours.

Of course a greenie pimping electric cars and green solar power either doesn't know the math or disregards it. Companies selling solar items also mislead to the point I would call a lot of it false advertising. I saw one that implied it was a stand alone off grid 2400 watt system. In reality it had panels to produce 800 watts, the 2400 watts was the size of the inverter.

I am sure if Mayor Pete said a $500 solar system the size of a small flat screen TV would charge your electric car for free and make your transportation carbon foot print zero, a lot of people would believe him.
There is only one tiny, teenie weenie, itsy witsy problem with a solar solution: Most people work during the day when the sun is shinin' down on this little green planet. So, when they return home in the evening to recharge their greenie vehicles for the next day commute to their jobs, there will be little or no sunlight left to fully charge the batteries. But solar would be a good solution for vampires, grave robbers and other night workers.