Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-05-2022, 07:11 PM   #46
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Insulting people doesn't make you smart, you still haven't figured that out. Typical liberal behavior. The numbers you constantly pull are mostly worthless. You just spew liberal propaganda that won't hold up under scrutiny. How does your "Zip Recruiter" numbers prove your claim that it is the higher paying that have gained the most? Those numbers are probably nothing but average wage at that company or field.

[B]Bravo. You figured out that those numbers were nothing but an average in that field. And your only clue was that I said that very thing. And, if hospitality jobs average $58,000 and retail averages $26,000 that means hospitality jobs pay twice as much as retail-regardless of the type of job. [B]
It shows hospitality at $58,107. Lets take a large hotel for example. Covid dropped room occupancy down quite a bit. Who lost their jobs or got their hours cut? Did they lay off the floor managers? The office manager? The purchasing manager? The head of maintenance? That would be a no,no, no and a no. Most all the heads that went out the door were the departments with the most people that are paid the least, like housekeeping. Those are probably the jobs that came back not ones that paid the average of $58,107. Same with McDonalds, Walmart, Target, etc. You still need a main store manager, and shift leads no matter how slow business is. Those jobs were never lost due to Covid. All the returning jobs are less than their median range. I doubt hotel maids make as much as Walmart workers, lots of illegals there like in construction.

You cannot seem to think outside what it was like to work a union government job that lives off the taxpayers dime. That isn't the real world.
Then you watch liberal propaganda TV, to educate yourself.
The rest of your post is gibberish, but I have to put something here.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:22 PM   #47
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
And let's not forget... how many times they adjust these reported numbers in a week or so. And the downgraded totals are buried under the fold.
You’re right. They keep changing those numbers. Just today they changed the numbers for two recent months. UP. one by 2,000. One by 26,000. And it was no secret.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:33 PM   #48
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
The rest of your post is gibberish, but I have to put something here.

I didn't take any clues from what you said. I didn't catch the part where you said it was an average wage. The fact you knew that and still posted it shows how pathetic the numbers you post are. I just quick scan the numbers you use as I know they are most often meaningless. Even a career mailman should know that most companies, even non union honor seniority and also will not let key employees go when culling the heard. Mostly low wage employees were let go and then rehired.

Considering that why did you waste your time listing average salaries for positions knowing the numbers were 100% meaningless? Anything to make the worst president and VP combo in the history of the USA look better.
It is so funny that you have a high opinion of your knowledge of everything while showing your knowledge matches your background. You haven't been exposed to much and it shows. On top of your life's experience you consider
liberal opinion shows as news. CNN admitted as such or did you miss that?

You are like a kid who plays Call of Duty 20 hours a week and thinks he knows as much about weapons and combat as a Navy Seal.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2022, 07:46 PM   #49
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I didn't take any clues from what you said. I didn't catch the part where you said it was an average wage. The fact you knew that and still posted it shows how pathetic the numbers you post are. I just quick scan the numbers you use as I know they are most often meaningless. Even a career mailman should know that most companies, even non union honor seniority and also will not let key employees go when culling the heard. Mostly low wage employees were let go and then rehired.

Considering that why did you waste your time listing average salaries for positions knowing the numbers were 100% meaningless? Anything to make the worst president and VP combo in the history of the USA look better.
It is so funny that you have a high opinion of your knowledge of everything while showing your knowledge matches your background. You haven't been exposed to much and it shows. On top of your life's experience you consider
liberal opinion shows as news. CNN admitted as such or did you miss that?

You are like a kid who plays Call of Duty 20 hours a week and thinks he knows as much about weapons and combat as a Navy Seal.

Geesh...I think you stuck your foot so far up his booty, it would take several search and rescue teams to extricate it.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:02 PM   #50
Elkchester Road

Quote:
You actually think that’s a winning argument. That Biden said one time you wouldn’t get Covid if vaccinated. Ignoring all the times where he said vaccination is highly effective but not foolproof. Ignoring all the studies that show how the vaccines prevent serious illness and hospitalization. Ignoring science. Ignoring the fact that deaths and hospitalizations are 10% o what they were. Ignoring the fact that Covid is only slightly worse than a bad cold now. All because smart people got vaccinated.
I'm not trying to win an argument with you. What I am doing is PROVING that our President was either...1) full of Shit, or 2) a Lowlife of Historic proportions. One or the other. But...that's YOUR President.

As far as "smart people got vaccinated"...I caught the Delta Variant when that strain was prevalent. I was sick for 4 days. I never caught the Original strain...and haven't been sick with anything since. There are tons of people who are Vaccinated AND Boosted who are getting infected/reinfected. I have never been...or never will...be Vaccinated. So...who's smart???

I seriously think that if a Democrat "Leader" told you to stick your empty Head in a pot of boiling water...you'd oblige.

Last edited by Elkchester Road; 08-05-2022 at 08:05 PM.
Elkchester Road is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2022, 09:10 PM   #51
JustRalph
Just another Facist

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022...-to-wh-n607615

Oops……..
Old 08-05-2022, 09:41 PM   #52
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Ralph...truth in this matter will have you in the crosshairs of mostpost.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:14 PM   #53
davew

Quote:
You are really great at making statements with nothing to back them up. Prove it.
gov report so will be 'adjusted' next month or 2

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.a.htm

employed June 2022 -> 158,111,000
employed July 2022 -> 158,290,000

added people working -> 179,000
added jobs -> 528,000

people getting additional job-> 349,000
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2022, 10:25 PM   #54
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

added jobs -> 528,000

davew...the Math adds up.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:39 PM   #55
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

Waiting for the Cliffy spin, I look forward to the coming BS. Nothing shocking in those numbers, they pretty much matched what I thought. Covid impacted businesses that use a lot of part time help the hardest, so a good chunk of
the people back in the work force were part timers. People not seeking work aren't counted in the unemployment numbers. Maybe the lazy 20 somethings
living in their mother's basements that made bank on money for nothing and haven't gone back to work will be replaced by retirees needing to counteract inflation.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 02:54 AM   #56
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

added jobs -> 528,000

I should go to bed, but before I do, I’m going to take a few minutes to destroy you. In the nicest possible way, of course.

Your numbers are from June to July. Mine are from the start of the Biden administration to the present. In that period we added 9,519,000 jobs. And we added 7,923,000 people to our payrolls. Using your logic, this means 1,596,000 of those 9.5M jobs were part time and likely 2nd jobs.

However, the fact is those 1.5 million jobs were available for people to have. And they were needed because the American worker is woefully underpaid while corporations continue to make obscene profits and corporate overlords get paid exorbitant salaries.

A few other tidbits. The number of persons employed currently is only 576,000 fewer than employed the month before the start of the pandemic. From the start of Trump’s term to February 2020-just before Covid struck in earnest, 6,406,000 people gained employment.

That is 1.5M less-in 37 months than Biden accomplished in 18 months.

Finally, Labor Force Participation Rate is pretty much a meaningless statistic. Nevertheless, it has gone up .7% since Biden took office.
Old 08-06-2022, 05:12 AM   #57
BIG RED
Son O'War

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
USA #1!

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/05/jobs...22-528000.html

Joe Biden & Kamala Harris best ever!
By Jeff Cocks right ?
Old 08-06-2022, 07:46 AM   #58
vegasone

Dont know if it was said before…but…with all those “created” jobs, we are only above the pre pandemic by something like 32,000 jobs(numbers may be a little off. Basically mostly just jobs recovered. Someone losing a job and then being called back isn’t really a created job. And we are still missing a lot of people that never came back. Only jobs that were probably created were manufacturing jobs which Trump probably got going trying to get more stuff being made in the US and now Biden jumping on that bandwagon.
vegasone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 08:02 AM   #59
davew

Quote:
You are really great at making statements with nothing to back them up. Prove it.
WTF, thanks for 'destroying me'

and blabbering about something else ..... how demoncrat of you.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 09:50 AM   #60
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasone View Post
Dont know if it was said before…but…with all those “created” jobs, we are only above the pre pandemic by something like 32,000 jobs(numbers may be a little off. Basically mostly just jobs recovered. Someone losing a job and then being called back isn’t really a created job. And we are still missing a lot of people that never came back. Only jobs that were probably created were manufacturing jobs which Trump probably got going trying to get more stuff being made in the US and now Biden jumping on that bandwagon.
If the job market is so great, why are so many business people telling me that they cannot find help? Or why are there so many signs on different retail businesses advertising for help?

The other day when I went into BJ's Wholesale Club, at the entrance they had this huge free standing Help Wanted floor sign that listed at least 15 different positions they were looking to fill.

What I'm hearing everywhere is that people don't want to work, which means they must be getting government handouts to subsidize their laziness.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: