Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-25-2022, 10:37 AM   #76
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheffwed View Post
Colonial handle is way up for a good reason, and Mark is a national treasure but carry on
I do appreciate your support, but Serling is a good analyst and highly regarded.
And I cringe when respected pros get pounded. It could so easily be me in the next thread.

Good luck to you, sir.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 10:40 AM   #77
Sheffwed

thanks MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
I do appreciate your support, but Serling is a good analyst and highly regarded.
And I cringe when respected pros get pounded. It could so easily be me in the next thread.

Good luck to you, sir.
thanks Mark, I like Andy actually, but why is he giving me a hard time?

if I want a hard time, I'll go to the old 2nd Avenue Deli

now excuse me I have to go bet the last race at Greyville
Sheffwed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 10:59 AM   #78
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Surely being in the public eye as long as you have, I would have thought your skin was a tad thicker.
A work in progress. lol..

Last edited by mountainman; 07-25-2022 at 11:00 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 11:04 AM   #79
dilanesp

Quote:
That never happened. Don't let that stop you though.
That's exactly what Andy claims in this thread, contrary, as another poster said, to extensive reporting that Andy refuses to provide any facts to refute. Which is why nobody believes him. (Calling Imbriale a top announcer just makes him look even less credible.)

The only explanation that makes sense is that Andy can't stand anyone disparaging his friend, and the circumstances of his friend's elevation (which involved NYRA deliberately downgrading its announcer to save money), are embarrassing to him. So he pretends the story is false based on "inside information " he refuses to disclose.

Last edited by dilanesp; 07-25-2022 at 11:08 AM.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 11:11 AM   #80
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
That's exactly what Andy claims in this thread, contrary, as another poster said, to extensive reporting that Andy refuses to provide any facts to refute. Which is why nobody believes him. (Calling Imbriale a top announcer just makes him look even less credible.)

The only explanation that makes sense is that Andy can't stand anyone disparaging his friend, and the circumstances of his friend's elevation (which involved NYRA deliberately downgrading its announcer to save money), are embarrassing to him. So he pretends the story is false based on "inside information " he refuses to disclose.
You said he swore. He never swore on anything. You're a lawyer. You should be better then this.
Old 07-25-2022, 11:13 AM   #81
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheffwed View Post
thanks Mark, I like Andy actually, but why is he giving me a hard time?
You like Andy so much in fact, you can't understand why he remains on the air.

Here's a hint. He's the best of the best at what he does. Always has been.

Not a slight against anyone else. Somebody has to be the best though...and that's Andy.
Old 07-25-2022, 11:25 AM   #82
the little guy

Quote:
You said he swore. He never swore on anything. You're a lawyer. You should be better then this.
Nobody believes me?

I think we can all agree MANY more people believe me than Dilanesp.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 12:43 PM   #83
ubercapper

This thread has confirmed one thing. Andy - you have the thickest skin of anyone I know. Well, maybe it's a tie with The Big A. I admire that.

I recently got blocked on Twitter by an owner for making the slightest comment explaining why something he wrote about HISA was factually incorrect and I stewed about it for a day.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 05:58 PM   #84
Big K

Imbriale and Andy Serling are two of the biggest of many great things about NY racing.
Big K is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 07:13 PM   #85
jimmyb

Andy is superb at breaking down a race and articulating it in such a way that anyone can understand. JK, Maggie, Acacia, MIgs do a splendid job at NYRA. If you're a racing fan, Americas Day at the Races and talking horses IMO are must see.

Vic at Oaklawn, Mark at the Mountain, TVG, message boards ... as horse players we are blessed in this day and age.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 07:53 PM   #86
foregoforever

Quote:
Calling Imbriale a top announcer just makes him look even less credible.
OK, I get it. You're a Collmus fan, and so you assume there was something sinister in his replacement. And you're generally quick to blame NYRA for many things, and you and Andy never agree on anything.

But trashing Imbriale is ridiculous. He's done a great job since taking over the top spot. He's always been a solid caller in the technical sense, but he's really stepped it up in the big races with excellent stretch calls. His voice conveys excitement without shouting, and he can throw in a bit of wit on occasion. I listen to him every race day, and I never get tired of hearing him. He truly is the "voice of NY racing".

He may not be your favorite, but describing him as a "backup" is just wrong, and he deserves better after 40-some years at NYRA.
foregoforever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2022, 10:48 AM   #87
dilanesp

Quote:
You like Andy so much in fact, you can't understand why he remains on the air.

Here's a hint. He's the best of the best at what he does. Always has been.

Not a slight against anyone else. Somebody has to be the best though...and that's Andy.
I have never disparaged Andy's talent both as a racing personality and an on-air handicapper. Indeed, I wish I were half the handicapper he is.

Where he strays is when he goes into "defend NYRA" mode in public fora about stuff he can't talk about.
Old 07-26-2022, 10:51 AM   #88
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by foregoforever View Post
OK, I get it. You're a Collmus fan, and so you assume there was something sinister in his replacement. And you're generally quick to blame NYRA for many things, and you and Andy never agree on anything.

But trashing Imbriale is ridiculous. He's done a great job since taking over the top spot. He's always been a solid caller in the technical sense, but he's really stepped it up in the big races with excellent stretch calls. His voice conveys excitement without shouting, and he can throw in a bit of wit on occasion. I listen to him every race day, and I never get tired of hearing him. He truly is the "voice of NY racing".

He may not be your favorite, but describing him as a "backup" is just wrong, and he deserves better after 40-some years at NYRA.
He's not a top announcer. That's just reality.

Look, I was NOT a Durkin fan. But I would NEVER say he wasn't the top announcer in the country. How could I? He announced the Breeders' Cup and TC for decades, plus had the NYRA job, which is the biggest on-track job.

"40 years at NYRA" is actually confirmation that he was basically a career backup who got elevated.

At any rate, as stated earlier in the thread (and NOT by me), the circumstances of Imbriale's elevation were well reported, and Andy is simply dissembling about the whole thing because he can't stand that the real story got reported.
Old 07-26-2022, 10:57 AM   #89
the little guy

Quote:

At any rate, as stated earlier in the thread (and NOT by me), the circumstances of Imbriale's elevation were well reported, and Andy is simply dissembling about the whole thing because he can't stand that the real story got reported.
I guess the people that say lawyers lie are correct.

Since these supposed circumstances you endlessly claim were "well reported" please find the ones that back up the cost cutting allegations, etc, and post them here.

Since I actually know for a fact what happened, I know you can't find a credible source to back this up.

The ball is in your court esquire.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2022, 12:10 PM   #90
Robert Fischer
clean money

Other than some snowstorm or act of god, Stabile should never announce a race, but this Imbriale guy is fucking fine.

Why are you guys whining and picking on Imbriale?? wtf?

are you caught up in some Collmus drama topic? Talk about a freakin horse on Wednesday you clowns.

Talk about the the 1m chute or the bar or something.

you got silks and saddle numbers and imbriale does a decent enough job in a NY accent wtf more do u need

weirdos

who is a horse you like on Wednesdays' card??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: