Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-04-2022, 09:39 PM   #106
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchwest View Post
I was at that BC. Biggest debacle I have ever encountered at a racetrack. A total mess.
I went once and thought it was the biggest pain in the butt just to get in, on an ordinary day.
Old 07-05-2022, 11:21 AM   #107
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah View Post
Ahh. Another unfunded federal mandate.
What a shocker

It's not an unfunded mandate. The money is already there, spent by each and every racing commission or track on the same thing being brought under the single umbrella of HISA.

Who's to say at the end of the day the savings based on scale and cutting down redundancy won't be pretty close to the totals being spent now?
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2022, 12:49 PM   #108
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
I went once and thought it was the biggest pain in the butt just to get in, on an ordinary day.
In fairness, I think it has gotten a LITTLE better since Chickasaw Nation took over.
Old 07-05-2022, 02:19 PM   #109
biggestal99

Quote:
I was at that BC. Biggest debacle I have ever encountered at a racetrack. A total mess.
our horse group bred a mare and nominated the foal to Bc. so we had breeders seats and paid a lot money for them. great seats, great view.
gave the seats to the managing partner. day of the BC, they installed a photographers box amd obstructed the view. yikes. the long hike from the parking lot….etc. not a well thought out BC to say the least.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2022, 05:26 PM   #110
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
our horse group bred a mare and nominated the foal to Bc. so we had breeders seats and paid a lot money for them. great seats, great view.
gave the seats to the managing partner. day of the BC, they installed a photographers box amd obstructed the view. yikes. the long hike from the parking lot….etc. not a well thought out BC to say the least.

Allan
I almost ran out of gas trying to get to the parking lot, which was over a mile from the track. Bus ride in. It took a VERY long time to catch the bus back. The tellers were horribly undertrained and incompetent. It was a mess.

But, like I mentioned, they are now under different management, so that shouldn't reflect on the new management. While the new management has improved a few things, not enough to make me eager to be there. And Texas does not allow ADW wagering, so I don't wager nearly as much as I would like.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:41 PM   #111
RunDustyRun

All the racing fans on this board and no one realizes Retama Park has live racing...sam houston...lone star...blah blah blah...the original home track of Todd Pletcher is where it's at!!! As an aside...Lone Star simulcast is the Taj Mahal of texas gambling venues
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2022, 11:58 PM   #112
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDustyRun View Post
All the racing fans on this board and no one realizes Retama Park has live racing...sam houston...lone star...blah blah blah...the original home track of Todd Pletcher is where it's at!!! As an aside...Lone Star simulcast is the Taj Mahal of texas gambling venues
Does Retama still have a TB season?
Old 07-06-2022, 08:51 AM   #113
BarchCapper

Quote:
Does Retama still have a TB season?
From a July 2021 DRF article:

"The Texas Racing Commission on Tuesday approved a state racing calendar for 2022.

The Thoroughbred racing season will open Jan. 6 at Sam Houston in Houston. The meet will run for 50 dates through April 9. The season includes eight dates from Retama Park near San Antonio, which will only conduct a Quarter Horse meet in 2022."

Last thoroughbred dates to this point were in 2019.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2022, 08:59 AM   #114
Al Gobbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
From a July 2021 DRF article:

"The Texas Racing Commission on Tuesday approved a state racing calendar for 2022.

The Thoroughbred racing season will open Jan. 6 at Sam Houston in Houston. The meet will run for 50 dates through April 9. The season includes eight dates from Retama Park near San Antonio, which will only conduct a Quarter Horse meet in 2022."

Last thoroughbred dates to this point were in 2019.
judging by the video feed on Friday night, looks like they've abandoned keeping the turf course in any sort of decent condition
Al Gobbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2022, 09:08 AM   #115
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gobbi View Post
judging by the video feed on Friday night, looks like they've abandoned keeping the turf course in any sort of decent condition
That could be said of CD, too.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:30 AM   #116
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Very hot and no rain.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2022, 09:52 AM   #117
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
I was there on Sunday, they were watering the turf course.
It looks much better in person.
Old 07-26-2022, 02:15 PM   #118
Al Gobbi

Quote:
Injunction Halts HISA Rules, But Only in Louisiana and West Virginia

The plaintiff states of Louisiana and West Virginia won a preliminary injunction in federal court Tuesday that will keep the Horseracing Integrity and Safety Act (HISA) Authority's rules from being implemented in those two states until a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of HISA gets decided in full.
https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.co...west-virginia/
Old 07-27-2022, 12:52 PM   #119
Al Gobbi

Old 07-27-2022, 02:53 PM   #120
dilanesp

The Jockeys Guild's geographic gambit is pretty shocking, and it's the type of thing that can tick off a judge even if he/she is sympathetic to your position.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: