Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-07-2022, 08:36 PM   #76
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
BETTING OBLIGATIONS OF BOOKMAKERS
Any Bookmaker Betting on a racetrack offering Fixed Odds against a horse and conducting face-to-face Betting at a Fixed Odds teller window via cash, is required to accept a Fixed Odds bet in the categories described below up to the maximum amounts for the Bookmaker to lose as specified below, with amounts greater than subject to referral:
Alan,

Is that on a single bet, or aggregate amount across all players/wagers?

I am assuming it is per wager, but what happens if I make 3 wagers?
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2022, 07:29 PM   #77
lamboguy

Mark Paterson

he was just on his simulcast show telling us that PHONEMYPOSSE won today at Thistle Downs and paid $3.80 on track, but the fixed odds on the horse company made him 2nd choice to the race.

first of all, the horse should have paid $2.40 and that might have been an overlay.

someone must have done a job on that company today. if they continue to make mistakes like that one, i promise you they won't last the whole season with their business model.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2022, 07:36 PM   #78
sharkey11

i knew a couple of pro bettors back in the 80s that closed vegas books with bad numbers and on track friends that gave good inside info by the way is that company public id love to sshort it
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2022, 08:07 PM   #79
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
i knew a couple of pro bettors back in the 80s that closed vegas books with bad numbers and on track friends that gave good inside info by the way is that company public id love to sshort it
i didn't notice the name of the company, but a friend of mine told me that they were associated with Mark Reed, a company out of Austrailia.

i used to bet with them for about 6 months in the last 90's before i got shut off. then after 9/11 they stopped taking action from United States accounts due to legal changes.
Old 06-08-2022, 09:02 PM   #80
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i didn't notice the name of the company, but a friend of mine told me that they were associated with Mark Reed, a company out of Austrailia.

i used to bet with them for about 6 months in the last 90's before i got shut off. then after 9/11 they stopped taking action from United States accounts due to legal changes.
Last I heard Mark Read was gone from the business.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2022, 09:26 PM   #81
iamt

Quote:
he was just on his simulcast show telling us that PHONEMYPOSSE won today at Thistle Downs and paid $3.80 on track, but the fixed odds on the horse company made him 2nd choice to the race.

first of all, the horse should have paid $2.40 and that might have been an overlay.

someone must have done a job on that company today. if they continue to make mistakes like that one, i promise you they won't last the whole season with their business model.

There are many companies already betting on these races, primarily in Australia and the UK. BetMakers likely aren't creating the market here (or for Monmouth when it gets closer to race start) but following the prevailing market price. The UK books also made the 5 the 1st choice in this race.
iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2022, 10:10 AM   #82
green80

Quote:

symbol is BET on the ASX
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2022, 10:34 AM   #83
alhattab

If anyone has inclination/time would you mind taking a look at the odds at monmouthbets.com and coming up with the implied probabilities? I did the first 2 races and the rake looked awfully fat
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2022, 11:29 AM   #84
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
If anyone has inclination/time would you mind taking a look at the odds at monmouthbets.com and coming up with the implied probabilities? I did the first 2 races and the rake looked awfully fat
a friend of mine told me they were grabbing 25%. but if they do anymore mistakes like PHONEMYPOSSE, its worth 40%!
Old 06-10-2022, 12:22 PM   #85
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
In race 3 ...I would go against the #1....

Liking the 5
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2022, 12:25 PM   #86
geroge.burns99
Veteran

In Race #7....I don't like the 3.....

maybe #6

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 06-10-2022 at 12:29 PM.
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2022, 02:04 PM   #87
alhattab

Quote:
a friend of mine told me they were grabbing 25%. but if they do anymore mistakes like PHONEMYPOSSE, its worth 40%!
I calculated 40% for first 2 races earlier this am. Seem to have moderated.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2022, 02:11 PM   #88
biggestal99

well first race PM 2 paid 7.60, FO paid 8.80

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2022, 02:19 PM   #89
lamboguy

Quote:
I calculated 40% for first 2 races earlier this am. Seem to have moderated.
i watched the fixed odds, most of the time they seem to work against me after my rebate. the only time i would play it is if i could be the first one in on a first time starter, or catch them on a mistake. i know they probably don't want that type of business, but the way i look at, the battle is on between me and the bookmaker. i have survived lots of those wars through the years.
Old 06-10-2022, 04:00 PM   #90
green80

where are you watching the fixed odds? I don't see them displayed or the fixed odds payouts.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: