Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-10-2021, 09:41 PM   #226
foregoforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
They decided to let him run.

Can't wait to hear the boos Saturday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HorseRaci...17442813485058
Have you seen this decision cited anywhere else? I can't find anything about it on the usual news sites, in the Baltimore media, or on the MJC site.
foregoforever is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2021, 09:43 PM   #227
menifee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
In my opinion, Baffert may not have given Medina Spirit Betamethasone. Like the 2020 indictments of Servis and Navarro taught us, and spelled out in a great article here , we learned that SGF-1000, while undetectable by current testing, can produce a “false positive” for dexamethasone – a corticosteroid, like Betamethasone. They’re different to be sure but it’s like Coke vs. Pepsi.

I believe Baffert has been giving his horse performance enhancing drugs since day 1 as a trainer, back when he trained quarter horses in the 1980's. He likely spent big money finding untraceable enhancers but the above example was an unintended consequence. It wouldn't surprise me if the Lasix issue isn't involved. After all, many believe Lasix is a masking agent and flushes a horse out quickly. It's possible Bob and his team haven't properly calibrated for that. Thus the rash of positives in the last year or so.

In researching him for this positive, and following him for 35 years both specifically and peripherally, I think he is a serious narcissist. It takes one to think you can control the narrative on this issue by going on news shows one after another without a fully impenetrable excuse/defense. Anyone who has seen these interviews can attest that he has done himself no favors, and a "guilty vibe" exists. There are two reasons he felt he can "convince" the public that he did no wrong and is actually the victim:

1) This approach was all that was necessary to convince the CHRB who appears to be, at best giving him preferential treatment, and at worst, involved in some way with this behavior.

2) He's surrounded by yes men. When you are rich and powerful it can be tempting to eliminate those in your orb who "keep you honest" and "call out nonsense". This is probably the case with Baffert so no one is able to talk sense into him about this childlike response to the drug positive.

There is no coming back from this for Baffert unless split sample is negative. Even if that is the case, much damage has been done. Baffert will either sink back into the safety of protected So California and race solely in that jurisdiction or retire by the end of the year.
This is a very good comment. It is time to get rid of the Bafferts, the Diodoros and the other 30 percent trainers that some how defy nature and physics by getting their horses not to stop after running blistering fractions. We all know the names.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2021, 09:47 PM   #228
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
There is no coming back from this for Baffert unless split sample is negative.
Let me say this again for the last time...The split sample will come back positive but under the legal 10 picograms.

Case closed....And everyone can go on hating Baffert, happily forever.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2021, 09:55 PM   #229
foregoforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Let me say this again for the last time...The split sample will come back positive but under the legal 10 picograms.
10 picograms is no longer legal. Kentucky changed the rules last August to extend the withdrawal time to 14 days and make any detection of the drug a violation.

I think Baffert or his lawyer cited the 10 picogram limit in their news conference, in error, and several media outlets took it as fact.
foregoforever is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2021, 10:04 PM   #230
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Sports Illustrated did not post a retraction, neither did ESPN....Legalities will come in to play....Just Sayin.

PS...The state of Kentucky considers the steroid betamethasone a Class C drug.

Class C drugs are approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, according to regulations, and have a lesser degree of potential performance influence than Class A or B drugs.

For Class C drug violations, penalties for the trainer can range from a zero to 60 day suspension and a fine of $500 to $5,000, depending on how many prior violations he or she has, according to administrative regulations.

The horse's owner can face disqualification and "loss of purse," and the horse can be required to "pass a commission-approved examination before being eligible to enter."

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 05-10-2021 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:15 PM   #231
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by foregoforever View Post
Have you seen this decision cited anywhere else? I can't find anything about it on the usual news sites, in the Baltimore media, or on the MJC site.
I haven't either. It may be that the tweet was premature.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2021, 10:17 PM   #232
dilanesp

Quote:
Sports Illustrated did not post a retraction, neither did ESPN....Legalities will come in to play....Just Sayin.
If you are implying that Bob Baffert, a public figure who would need to show actual malice under the Constitution to bring a libel suit, has a viable defamation suit against any of the journalists reporting this story, that is flat wrong.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2021, 10:20 PM   #233
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Nope....You read too much into that....I'll be more specific in the future.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:08 PM   #234
Gamblin4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Not sure if this has already been posted, but this is well worth the read.

https://inthemoneypodcast.com/some-t...betamethasone/

Great read
Gamblin4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2021, 12:13 AM   #235
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

Case closed....And everyone can go on hating Baffert, happily forever.
As has been stated, 10 is not the limit, ANY amount is a positive in Kentucky.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2021, 01:02 AM   #236
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Got it- Everybody Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
As has been stated, 10 is not the limit, ANY amount is a positive in Kentucky.
OK then, Baffert has what Biden has...Dementia...And so does SI and ESPN.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:04 AM   #237
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
OK then, Baffert has what Biden has...Dementia...And so does SI and ESPN.
SI & ESPN...lol

As for baffert....LULZ
Old 05-11-2021, 01:21 AM   #238
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Baffert already declared guilty, even though.....

Mary Scollay, the executive director of the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium in Lexington, Ky., who spoke about the testing process in general when she said Sunday, “At this point, this information [a first-stage positive test], per regulation, does not constitute a violation.”

Never mind, Scollay is lying as well...
Old 05-11-2021, 01:30 AM   #239
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Why are you gripping so tightly to the greasy ledge? You're gonna fall sooner or later...but please...double and triple-down.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:32 AM   #240
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

I said never mind....I'm done with it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: