Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-05-2017, 12:53 AM   #1
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

It's a Brutal Game

This evening's Steelers/Bengals was barbaric. Suspensions will surely come. Very concerned for the well being of Ryan Shazier, who was injured making a basic tackle. He may never play again.
Vontaze Burfict got exactly what he deserved when JuJu dropped him with a legal hit.
The late shot on Antonio after his TD catch should draw a suspension.

The league will do something about this

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 12-05-2017 at 01:03 AM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 04:03 AM   #2
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Unfortunately, this is par for the course for these two teams.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 06:55 AM   #3
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Well, the two guys who watched Bell run down the sideline to score weren't interested in making any kind of hit, so there's that. When that happened, I knew the Bengals' season was burnt toast.

I agree, though, that was hard to watch. I don't know how you move past it though. Fines, suspensions, and even rules changes aren't stopping it.

Any other organization would fire its head coach after losing the season with four games to go in that fashion. I'm pretty sure I'll contribute to the NFL's ratings drop the rest of the way.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 06:58 AM   #4
lamboguy

i like the running back for the Saints that has all the gold teeth in his mouth.

this sport is basically the worst one going. i could care less about watching Brady, Bellicek and Kraft waltzing into another championship. its really pretty boring already, and a lot worse than horse racing now.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 07:22 AM   #5
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
Well, the two guys who watched Bell run down the sideline to score weren't interested in making any kind of hit, so there's that. When that happened, I knew the Bengals' season was burnt toast.

I agree, though, that was hard to watch. I don't know how you move past it though. Fines, suspensions, and even rules changes aren't stopping it.

Any other organization would fire its head coach after losing the season with four games to go in that fashion. I'm pretty sure I'll contribute to the NFL's ratings drop the rest of the way.
Marvin Lewis's days have been numbered all year.He's in the last year of his contract and didn't get his usual one year extension in the off-season,the lamest of lame ducks.Along with the Raiders Mark "Supercuts" Davis ,Mike Brown,as far as I know is the only NFL owner whose sole asset is the team and he's notoriously thrifty,so he'll play out the string with Lewis.He's not going to pay someone NOT to coach. Lewis going deep in the playoffs instead of his usual one-and-done was the only thing that was ever going to save his job.Bye, Marv

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 06:58 PM   #6
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
This evening's Steelers/Bengals was barbaric. Suspensions will surely come. Very concerned for the well being of Ryan Shazier, who was injured making a basic tackle. He may never play again.
Vontaze Burfict got exactly what he deserved when JuJu dropped him with a legal hit.
The late shot on Antonio after his TD catch should draw a suspension.

The league will do something about this

I agree with most of this. Football is getting very hard to watch for me personally. There is plenty other stuff to watch, don't need it anymore.

The disagreement on on the JuJu hit. That is not legal, not any more. It was rightly flagged and he was suspended for it.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 07:04 PM   #7
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

When it's Burfict on the receiving end of the hit there should be no rules at all
Old 12-05-2017, 07:57 PM   #8
MutuelClerk

The Gronk hit was the worst of the season. I'm not sure what he's appealing. HE only got one game because he's a Patriot. That hit was classless. He's very lucky the guy he hit wasn't severely injured. One game for that? The NFL is losing me too. And yet Goodell makes something like 25 million a season. Laughable. Blame Kaepernick that seems to be the easy way out in the modern NFL.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 08:01 PM   #9
Lafecs

The game is terrible. People are starting to see that having 250 pound men smash into each other at full speed might not be a great idea. I think soccer could take it’s place, it is popular in every other country in the world
Lafecs is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 08:10 PM   #10
forced89

I've stopped watching pro football. Too violent; too many time outs; too many video reviews which seem to take forever; etc. Every weekend I pick out a college game or two to watch.

Last edited by forced89; 12-05-2017 at 08:11 PM.
forced89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 09:16 PM   #11
thaskalos

I would rather watch six Gilligan's Island reruns, one after the other.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:35 PM   #12
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I would rather watch six Gilligan's Island reruns, one after the other.
I like that one where they almost get off the island, but Gilligan screws it up.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:37 PM   #13
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
The Gronk hit was the worst of the season. I'm not sure what he's appealing. HE only got one game because he's a Patriot. That hit was classless. He's very lucky the guy he hit wasn't severely injured. One game for that? The NFL is losing me too. And yet Goodell makes something like 25 million a season. Laughable. Blame Kaepernick that seems to be the easy way out in the modern NFL.
What is astounding to me is that these guys don't even get ejected from the games. They just get 15 yards and maybe a warning if it is a taunting penalty. The game goes on.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #14
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Not very many good teams is really killing the game

I can think of just a few teams worth watching.

Shazier is thankfully better. Buckeye Nation went on Immediate Alert last night. He will be treated well.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:10 PM   #15
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
I like that one where they almost get off the island, but Gilligan screws it up.
trapped there with ginger and mary ann..... i think he sabotaged the escape on purpose.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: