Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-24-2017, 04:31 PM   #31
Marshall Bennett

I'd like nothing more for the sport than to see two days of college football and random NFL throughout the week. Dedicating an entire day to the NFL is useless to me anymore. I find myself doing other things more and more. The excitement just isn't there anymore. I can still enjoy it in the NCAA. Its on the field, in the stands, the emotion. I can feel it. Its gone in the NFL, there are often times the assholes don't even try I swear you can see it in their faces and the way they perform. It stinks!!
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2017, 05:35 PM   #32
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Wrong...the AL & NL playoff's were NOT on any of the MAJOR networks here in Fla....not EVEN game 7 Astro's/Yanks....think that happens with football...NO...ALL 3 major networks FIGHT for those play-off-games in football!

Your ANALogy is flawed...to put it mildly....
Have football play numerous best of seven series with games during the week and I guarantee you they would not be on major networks either. The TV ratings would suck and the major networks would not interrupt their regular programming for a best of seven series.

My analogy is not flawed, there is no excuse for a football team not to draw 100,000 per game for only eight mostly Sunday afternoon games if their stadium could hold that many.

If baseball played a one and done playoff game on a Sunday afternoon the ratings would be through the roof.

Last edited by zico20; 10-24-2017 at 05:37 PM.
zico20 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2017, 08:40 PM   #33
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
not only that, each year they eliminate a little more contact in the sport. won't be long and it'll be the professional flag football league.
^
Never played game at any level. Professional chicken hawk.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2017, 09:23 PM   #34
lefty359

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Wrong...the AL & NL playoff's were NOT on any of the MAJOR networks here in Fla....not EVEN game 7 Astro's/Yanks....think that happens with football...NO...ALL 3 major networks FIGHT for those play-off-games in football!

Your ANALogy is flawed...to put it mildly....
No, but they were on cable. Guess they won the bidding war.
World Series is on Fox.
Baseball to me is the better game.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2017, 09:47 PM   #35
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I had tow Bills season tickets a few years back.
Left them on the front seat of my car while I went into the mall.
When I came back out, I saw the passenger side window was broken, and my worst fear came true as I looked at the seat where eI had left the two tickets......there were FOUR TICKETS there now!
Old 10-26-2017, 03:29 PM   #36
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
^
Never played game at any level. Professional chicken hawk.
nobody will hold that against you. It doesn't matter.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #37
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Have football play numerous best of seven series with games during the week and I guarantee you they would not be on major networks either. The TV ratings would suck and the major networks would not interrupt their regular programming for a best of seven series.

My analogy is not flawed, there is no excuse for a football team not to draw 100,000 per game for only eight mostly Sunday afternoon games if their stadium could hold that many.

If baseball played a one and done playoff game on a Sunday afternoon the ratings would be through the roof.
I know a lot of sports fans including myself that for some reason were big baseball fans as a kid through young adulthood then started following it less and less. I went from listening to every Dodger and Angel game (I lived in So Cal till 2010) on my transistor radio from the age of 6 to 15, then once I got my drivers license attending 1-2 games a week in person. Now 40 years later I only watch the World Series.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2017, 09:44 AM   #38
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Friday!
CFL on Dish tonight!!!!
And Japanese Wrestling to boot.

Who needs the NFL?
Old 10-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #39
Marshall Bennett

I watched a few minutes of the game last night, got bored and changed channels. Not only was the match-up a bomb, who told Tony Romo he could announce football?
Old 10-27-2017, 01:51 PM   #40
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
I watched a few minutes of the game last night, got bored and changed channels. Not only was the match-up a bomb, who told Tony Romo he could announce football?
He is way better than liberal POS "I won't say Redskins" Phil Simms who he replaced.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2017, 02:07 PM   #41
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
He is way better than liberal POS "I won't say Redskins" Phil Simms who he replaced.
Sympathizing with the sizable group of Native Americans who have the gall to find "Redskin" defamatory makes him a POS, huh?

I find Romo pretty obnoxious too. I like his energy and he does make sharp game-play observations, but he's just TOO MUCH. I wish he would dial it back 30%.

Oh, and I miss POS Phil.

Last edited by FantasticDan; 10-27-2017 at 02:13 PM.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2017, 03:07 PM   #42
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Best NFL game ever played was that Jets game, a December Saturday game, with NO announcers. If I wanted to listen to three pea-brains all afternoon, I would go to work.

Gee Dan, you worry about offending people with the term Redskins, but not at all about the Many, many more who are offended the by thug-league disrespective the national anthem. Funny guy.

No one is making them watch.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:08 PM   #43
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Football is nowhere near as popular as baseball. Have the NFL play a 162 game schedule and you would be lucky to get 10,000 people to a game in most stadiums. Or look at it another way. If baseball played only 16 games they would have to build 200,000 seat stadiums in most markets to keep up with the demand. Baseball is number one and it always will be until soccer overtakes it in 100 years.
These are the internet people you have to deal with............fantasy island is where you live. Why waste my time? I ask my self..........

The ratings for a Pre season Patriots game was higher than a regular season game the Red Sox had that counted this season for the playoff race. Tom Brady and the starters hardly played!...lol.

Baseball can't even get normal stations to take Pennant games, they are a joke compared to NFL or NCAA football.

The stadium in London right now as I write, is near capacity.....with millions watching in the USA too. With different teams going there weekly!

The Super Bowl is now seen by upwards of one billion people. They make more money and following that day than any sport in the history of the world,

This is the problem with the internet and politics, facts are meaningless, the truth is a mirage and Santa is coming to town too.

The Worlds Series is afraid of football. You can't be serious with that total bull shit analogy.

Are they happy some are pissed off? Of course they are not! Its a business. Are they shaking in their boots? Only if they were dumb enough to think like you do. Do they want to be as "popular" as Baseball? I highly doubt that....
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2017, 12:59 PM   #44
Marshall Bennett

On the other hand, baseball teams play 162 games plus post season. The NFL plays 16 plus post season. Average attendance of each MLB game is 30,000. So do the math. Its not even close over an entire season. Check team payrolls, again not even close. Your philosophy looks good in the smaller picture, but falls apart over the bigger one. and quite badly.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:23 PM   #45
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
These are the internet people you have to deal with............fantasy island is where you live. Why waste my time? I ask my self..........

The ratings for a Pre season Patriots game was higher than a regular season game the Red Sox had that counted this season for the playoff race. Tom Brady and the starters hardly played!...lol.

Baseball can't even get normal stations to take Pennant games, they are a joke compared to NFL or NCAA football.

The stadium in London right now as I write, is near capacity.....with millions watching in the USA too. With different teams going there weekly!

The Super Bowl is now seen by upwards of one billion people. They make more money and following that day than any sport in the history of the world,

This is the problem with the internet and politics, facts are meaningless, the truth is a mirage and Santa is coming to town too.

The Worlds Series is afraid of football. You can't be serious with that total bull shit analogy.

Are they happy some are pissed off? Of course they are not! Its a business. Are they shaking in their boots? Only if they were dumb enough to think like you do. Do they want to be as "popular" as Baseball? I highly doubt that....
In other news, Leicester City is up 2-0 on Everton. There are supposedly two nfl games on, but to me it's just a rumor.

A Browns RB posted a tweet of a cop having his throat slashed after five cops in my hometown were killed.....and you wonder why people are being turned off by the nfl? Carry on
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply