Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 10-05-2018, 12:03 PM   #16
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
It was Cancel.

I'm not sure why you'd say the 3 was a dog in the PPs. She was 3rd off the layoff, had run some decent races as a 2yo, and was dropping in class.
You are right CJ, not the worst stab...still BRIS had Love Mo ranked 11 out of 11; was 8th by 13 lengths last out; 4th by 26 lengths 2 back and coming back off a 60 day layoff...and was the 2nd longest odds horse, so punters mostly had low regard as well...had speed and dropping in class and had the benefit of an excellent tactical ride.

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 10-05-2018 at 12:04 PM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 02:18 PM   #17
Profesor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
I agree. I think she just wasn't good enough and it wasn't due to the ride. When a horse runs poorly because it is rated excessively it typically gains on the leader in the stretch as she applies her energy too late. The 10 actually lost ground on the leader. in the stretch. The only horses she passed late were tiring. This was not the typical finish of a horse who went too slow early.
Interesting,My experience has been just the opposite, when you try to rate excessively a front runner presser like the #10 it usually spits the bit in the stretch.
Profesor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 04:01 PM   #18
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profesor View Post
Interesting,My experience has been just the opposite, when you try to rate excessively a front runner presser like the #10 it usually spits the bit in the stretch.
True, that sometimes happens but in such cases the horse's reaction in resistance is usually evident early when the unwanted rating occurs. In watching the race it actually seemed like the 2 leaders were resenting rating more than the 10. After a quick start, the 10 just seemed to be not as keen today rather than resenting being rated. I could be wrong but that was my visual impression.
Believe me, I am no fan of Irad and his sometimes reckless race ridding. He seemed to have no sense of pace in the JCGC, though he may have just been on a horse that wouldn't be rated. I think today he was likely riding to instructions, as cj suggested, on a day the horse was just not at her best regardless of the ride.

Last edited by bobphilo; 10-05-2018 at 04:14 PM.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 04:03 PM   #19
Profesor

Quote:
They were close on the Pace Projector with the 10 shown one position ahead of the 3.

I'm not sure why anyone would expect a horse ridden by Irad and trained by Chad Brown to be gunning out of the gate regardless of the course condition. It just doesn't happen.
Javier must’ve forgot that the #1 Mensa Member in todays 5th was trained by Chad Btown
Because even though in his only previous start he was a closer today he was gunned to the lead in order not to let the 7 who was the obvious lone speed
Steal the race, it happens when they want friend,

Last edited by cj; 10-05-2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:09 PM   #20
AltonKelsey
Veteran

You have two choices.

Continue to blame riders for your lousy handicapping (or just plain bad luck) or,

Get better at analysis. That includes understanding that the printed page is not the same as the flesh and blood on the racetrack.

Good news is, the windows will remain open to you regardless of which path you choose.

Last edited by AltonKelsey; 10-05-2018 at 07:14 PM.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 08:20 PM   #21
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Javier must’ve forgot that the #1 Mensa Member in todays 5th was trained by Chad Btown
Because even though in his only previous start he was a closer today he was gunned to the lead in order not to let the 7 who was the obvious lone speed
Steal the race, it happens when they want friend,
Well, the rider was a part of my original statement, Irad AND Chad, not Irad OR Chad. Please don't bother posting the next time Irad goes to the front on a horse trained by Chad Brown on turf. I'm sure it happens occasionally. It just isn't something I'd ever count on.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 10:19 PM   #22
Profesor

Quote:
Well, the rider was a part of my original statement, Irad AND Chad, not Irad OR Chad. Please don't bother posting the next time Irad goes to the front on a horse trained by Chad Brown on turf. I'm sure it happens occasionally. It just isn't something I'd ever count on.

Got it C.J,IRAD is not allowed to send by C.B Javier is
Thanks
Old 10-05-2018, 10:20 PM   #23
the little guy

Quote:
Got it C.J,IRAD is not allowed to send by C.B Javier is
Thanks
You should quit while you are behind.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 10:34 PM   #24
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Sort of like the .
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 10:44 PM   #25
Profesor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
You have two choices.

Continue to blame riders for your lousy handicapping (or just plain bad luck) or,

Get better at analysis. That includes understanding that the printed page is not the same as the flesh and blood on the racetrack.

Good news is, the windows will remain open to you regardless of which path you choose.

I don’t know who you are but by the way you put these posts together you are an arrogant know it all who really knows nothing,I questioned a ride by a very good rider and now according to you I’m lousy handicapper,Like you know who I’m, and what I do for a living, F.Y.I I’ve been wagering on thoroughbreds since 1972 and the days that I haven’t wagered since then till now you can count on the fingers of 1 of your hands,I use the Ragozin SHEETS since 1988 ( yeah they cost $35 per track per day I buy 2 tracks daily N.Y AND FLA that’s $70 per day probably more than your monthly handle))

Now buzz off
Old 10-05-2018, 10:48 PM   #26
Profesor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
I can’t reply to you because the house protects you
Old 10-05-2018, 10:48 PM   #27
AltonKelsey
Veteran

lol. I thought 21st century sheet players used Thorograph.

Jerry was computerized for years while Len still scribbled in pen.

Anyhow, I didn't know I was in the presence of a pro, so I must defer to anything you might think.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 10:56 PM   #28
the little guy

Quote:
I can’t reply to you because the house protects you
I don't think Irad has been riding particularly well at Belmont either, but you chose a very odd race to criticize him, at least in my opinion. What is really hurting him at this meet is his complete failure to read the racetrack, most notably the main track where the rail has been very much the place to be the entire meet.

The horse you are referring to could pretty much never have been the speed. You can continue to insist otherwise, but he just wasn't fast enough, and frankly as a handicapper, expecting Irad to send a horse that on paper is too slow to make the lead is a failure by you, not Irad….especially on a Chad Brown horse.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 12:34 AM   #29
linrom1
Veteran

Quote:
...( yeah they cost $35 per track per day I buy 2 tracks daily N.Y AND FLA that’s $70 per day probably more than your monthly handle))

Now buzz off
Given all the 'stuff' that's going at NYRA, that should be your total monthly wagers there.

What I would like to know is who can fire the lot! And I mean all of them including the track announcer, racing secretary, Dir of Racing Operations, analysts and that guy whose racing expertise comes from selling toys at a company that went bankrupt just like NYRA will.
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 02:01 AM   #30
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrom1 View Post
Given all the 'stuff' that's going at NYRA, that should be your total monthly wagers there.

What I would like to know is who can fire the lot! And I mean all of them including the track announcer, racing secretary, Dir of Racing Operations, analysts and that guy whose racing expertise comes from selling toys at a company that went bankrupt just like NYRA will.
Why fire the people? Just get FULL FIELDS.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: