Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-21-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
Rollingpk3

rtn.tv

decided to try a month of streaming and replays for $15 and am very pleased with the product using a roku streaming stick. its nice watching the hd live track feeds on a large tv screen without being at the mercy of what race or feed tvg will go to. every track has its own channel and seems like everything is offered. video seems a lot more stable than the twinspires and drf bets feeds on the Pc as well. replays are up quick and easy to navigate on your television.
Rollingpk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2019, 02:40 PM   #2
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

I'd love to hear your reviews.

I'm fine with my current TVG/TVG2 and ADW for 'free', but have seriously thought about doing the Roku/RTN option. $165 annually for HD racing at ANY track isn't too shabby in my opinion.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2019, 04:03 PM   #3
spiketoo

Used it last year and just reupped for the summer meets. Feeds just look better than ADW crap feeds. I think the ADWs concentrate their bandwidth on betting and not necessiarly the track feeds.

I just run multiple tracks on multiple monitors. Guessing Roku is nice tho I wish they'd just have the ability to cast screens. Been pestering them about it. For 15 a month I highly recommend it.
spiketoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 02:10 PM   #4
Track Phantom

I have both DirectTv and Dish (with RTN). I know it's overkill but the track feeds directly are really amazing. I actually watch TVG some, too, just for more of the background but when I'm serious about playing, I watch RTN.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-24-2019, 04:00 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
I have both DirectTv and Dish (with RTN). I know it's overkill but the track feeds directly are really amazing. I actually watch TVG some, too, just for more of the background but when I'm serious about playing, I watch RTN.

[IMG][/IMG]
With RTN do you have to flip channels for each track, or do they switch for you as race approach?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 04:03 PM   #6
mylthazz

Unsure about DirectTV, but their website you have to switch manually.

They have an option to view multiple tracks at once, but I don't like the display.

Some benefits with the website is the race replays. You can look historically at days, tracks, etc., but with the days card you can click on a link next to the horses name and it will bring up their last ten races or so that you can watch.
mylthazz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 04:25 PM   #7
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
With RTN do you have to flip channels for each track, or do they switch for you as race approach?
It's just like being at the track. You have to change the channels to the track feed you want. If you're only following, say Belmont Park, you would leave it on that channel and see all the content Belmont shows their in-house feed (advertising, discussion, etc.).
Old 06-24-2019, 04:53 PM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
It's just like being at the track. You have to change the channels to the track feed you want. If you're only following, say Belmont Park, you would leave it on that channel and see all the content Belmont shows their in-house feed (advertising, discussion, etc.).
Thanks, thinking of making the switch from TVG app.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 05:45 PM   #9
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
I use it as well, CJ.

Do not hesitate.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 06:33 PM   #10
Rollingpk3

its seems like the rtn feed is closer to real time as well. on my tv the tvg streaming app seems like it is about 2 min behind. not sure if thats unique to me.
Rollingpk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 09:59 PM   #11
Mulerider

Quote:
CJ, RTN online also has the "multi-player" feature that let's you instantly switch between any 3 tracks.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 10:22 PM   #12
delsully
Veteran

I’ve been using it for about a year on roku and it works great, for the $15 monthly you’ll get replays as well.
delsully is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2019, 10:22 AM   #13
spiketoo

The track feeds again appear far superior to what I see using TVG ADW feeds which I believe is all about RTN using all their bandwidth for feeds (I also believe RTN is the aggregator for all of the ADW feeds - at least they were previously I think back when I interviewed with YouBet eons ago).

About the only drawback I have with RTN is that you cannot size the individual feeds like using the pop-out option on TVG - its either one size or full screen. And their multiscreen is for sheet - 3 small feeds and 1 large which you can swap around but it only will allow one larger image.

I use the web version and for for me, multiple monitors and a large pipe (300Mb) work nicely. I'll just open up an instance, select a feed and move it accordingly. I can then duplicate that tab (FF 67.0.4) and move it to another monitor for a different feed. That leaves me two active feeds and one monitor for PPs. If I need additional active feeds, while they do not provide the ability to resize, you can always CTRL+Scroll and resize the tab to obtain a larger image that isn't quite full screen and obtain the focus when necessary. I need another monitor - the monitor is the easy part - its getting the articulating monitor arm that end's up $$$.

Last edited by spiketoo; 06-25-2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: the geese fly backwards at dawn...
spiketoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: