Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-23-2019, 03:15 PM   #31
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash View Post
I think he is advocating the legalization of marijuana because it brings in tons of tax dollars that is helping in a big way. I’m 63 and been a marijuana user my entire life and I’m as healthy as can be. I have a brother in law who drank alcohol his entire life and he is in a nursing home now at the age of 53.

You people that are against the legalization of marijuana need to start posting threads about your dislike with the legalization of alcohol and cigarettes since they cause more deaths and illness than marijuana.
The pot bought and smoked now is far more damaging to the brain than 50 years ago. Do some research and read for yourself. If you're a regular user it may serve you well. Using alcohol as an analogy has always been a poor excuse. Alcohol attacks vital organs more where pot attacks brain cells and nerve centers. Pot is only becoming more and more legal because liberals demand it must be. Liberals could care less the effects on society and mental health. As with late term abortions and a host of other immoral bullshit, liberals are all about power and opposition. The people they destroy in the process are a moot point.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2019, 03:47 PM   #32
46zilzal
velocitician

Cannabis is far far less harmful that booze or tobacco
Old 06-23-2019, 04:03 PM   #33
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
What a nice try at a spin. If you left out, your entire life weed use in your post. It still, would have easy to figure that out.
How rich.
You're ragging on a marijuana smoker while putting together the most fragmented & error ridden sentencees I've ever read.
Put down the bottle buddy.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:12 PM   #34
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
What a nice try at a spin. If you left out, your entire life weed use in your post. It still, would have easy to figure that out.
What does that even mean?
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2019, 04:13 PM   #35
delayjf

Quote:
I think we have a lot more to learn regarding chronic use and its effects. Like MB stated - Pot today is a lot stronger than the weed my generation smoked. Does anybody really believe its harmless?
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2019, 04:22 PM   #36
46zilzal
velocitician

I have been in the company of those dealing with Thai sticks (concentrated) and nothing happened to them.....NOTHING
Old 06-23-2019, 04:25 PM   #37
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
I think we have a lot more to learn regarding chronic use and its effects. Like MB stated - Pot today is a lot stronger than the weed my generation smoked. Does anybody really believe its harmless?

The initial big study on the effects of marijuana date back to Fiorello La Guardia... Another review in 1972 showed the same results.....Get with the reality not the propaganda.

Read the results
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Guardia_Committee

Last edited by 46zilzal; 06-23-2019 at 04:26 PM.
46zilzal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2019, 05:10 PM   #38
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Willie Nelson approves this post.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2019, 05:17 PM   #39
xtb

Quote:
I have been in the company of those dealing with Thai sticks (concentrated) and nothing happened to them.....NOTHING
It's hard to believe that lighting something on fire and inhaling it into your lungs causes no harm to a human body.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2019, 09:26 PM   #40
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
The initial big study on the effects of marijuana date back to Fiorello La Guardia... Another review in 1972 showed the same results.....Get with the reality not the propaganda.

Read the results
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Guardia_Committee
I know you are a doctor and everything (podiatrist?), but even us non-doctors are aware of what Marshall Bennett posted; that this is not your daddy's weed. Recommend that you cite some more recent studies if you want us to believe what you say. Get with the times not the out of date studies.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:40 PM   #41
46zilzal
velocitician

There are tons more,,,LaGuardia's was just the first big study that the rank and file of the day did not accept as factual.

In science you have to agree with the scientific method
Old 06-24-2019, 08:13 AM   #42
delayjf

This article addresses some of the concerns. I'm not saying it's the be all end all answer regarding the safety of pot. But new things are being discovered i.e. its effects on developing brains(18 - 25 age range), or the fact that pot can contain 31 carcinogens.

https://www.webmd.com/pain-managemen...juana-safe-web
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 11:24 AM   #43
JimJames
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
The government shouldn't but a person shouldn't look to the government to support them after they have fried their brains either.
You mean like in 2009?

So we let them die? Know how much it costs to rescue people versus just providing for their needs?
JimJames is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 01:27 PM   #44
Wabash

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
What isn’t harmless in this day and age? Is alcohol harmless? Cigarettes? Based on my experience I answer your question yes it’s harmless. Hasn’t harmed me after indulging for over 45 years.

And personally I disagree that pot is that much stronger now than years ago.
Wabash is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 01:29 PM   #45
Wabash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
The pot bought and smoked now is far more damaging to the brain than 50 years ago. Do some research and read for yourself. If you're a regular user it may serve you well. Using alcohol as an analogy has always been a poor excuse. Alcohol attacks vital organs more where pot attacks brain cells and nerve centers. Pot is only becoming more and more legal because liberals demand it must be. Liberals could care less the effects on society and mental health. As with late term abortions and a host of other immoral bullshit, liberals are all about power and opposition. The people they destroy in the process are a moot point.
Bullshit
Wabash is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: