Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #1
chalkie

drf handicapping contests

does anyone know why they abruptly stopped and are offering all players $ for their credits?
chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2019, 07:46 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Wonders to himself why Mr. 2 posts in 9 years didn't pose his question in one of the many existing "DRF Contest" threads...
Old 05-15-2019, 12:12 AM   #3
bpiets
Veteran

To many have attempted to gain a living from tournaments ....even the contests offered by a few others companies to gain a seat in the North American championship in January and February are having major problems...and that includes the n t r a ...etc...it is a matter to some extent of trusting the hosts of line contests...I know of many who need to wait long times to get paid and these folks hosting them do not answer e-mails etc etc etc...from the winners ...and so forth...happens a lot...that is just the tip of the troubles in many instances...
bpiets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2019, 12:19 AM   #4
bpiets
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalkie View Post
does anyone know why they abruptly stopped and are offering all players $ for their credits?
Email them and ask...I jest not....theses folks just have a habit of not responding...or no one is responsible for follow ups to clients ...or former clients that still have credits to use...DRF should just host a major online tournament a few times a year ...and besides, the spent a lot of dollars renovating thier site which is really good...and thus , the incomes are not keeping up with the wages of staff and over head...Brisnet did the same some what in recent memory ....
Old 05-15-2019, 12:24 AM   #5
bpiets
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpiets View Post
Email them and ask...I jest not....theses folks just have a habit of not responding...or no one is responsible for follow ups to clients ...or former clients that still have credits to use...DRF should just host a major online tournament a few times a year ...and besides, the spent a lot of dollars renovating thier site which is really good...and thus , the incomes are not keeping up with the wages of staff and over head...Brisnet did the same some what in recent memory ....
I won a few contests and looked forward to thier two or even three free contests each week as well...it kept myself engaged a bit deeper in the pps and research etc...they did show a great deal of intrrest in stimulating horse racing in general and helped up grade many a tracks income via this ...
Old 05-15-2019, 12:55 AM   #6
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I got a little bored with Horse Tourneys...so requested a withdrawal of the funds in my acct--I got it the next day...no hassle at all.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2019, 08:36 PM   #7
GMB@BP

Has anyone received their money back from DRF tourneys after the notice to withdraw funds? Nada yet for me and it was 9 days ago. DRF Bets was much quicker getting me money on withdrawals in the past.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2019, 05:36 PM   #8
turfeyejoe

No refund yet

I was just about to pose the same question. I filled out the form requesting a refund and got an email confirming they received the request, but no check has arrived.
turfeyejoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2019, 01:13 PM   #9
lamboy

I sent my request May 10th and still no check. credit
is still showing on the tournament site though.
lamboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2019, 04:45 PM   #10
Wright Stuff

I wonder how deep their problems really go. I requested a balance refund on May 8 and when I emailed today the response was "checks will BEGIN to go out on Friday.
Wright Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2019, 10:20 PM   #11
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wright Stuff View Post
I wonder how deep their problems really go. I requested a balance refund on May 8 and when I emailed today the response was "checks will BEGIN to go out on Friday.
yea, thats an embarrassment. They had no problem taking the money but suddenly an issue giving back.

Glad its only a few bucks for me, would be really irritated if it was real money.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2019, 07:16 PM   #12
bettwice2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpiets View Post
To many have attempted to gain a living from tournaments ....even the contests offered by a few others companies to gain a seat in the North American championship in January and February are having major problems...and that includes the n t r a ...etc...it is a matter to some extent of trusting the hosts of line contests...I know of many who need to wait long times to get paid and these folks hosting them do not answer e-mails etc etc etc...from the winners ...and so forth...happens a lot...that is just the tip of the troubles in many instances...
What exactly are you talking about here? HorseTourneys and HorsePlayers are the only sites that are awarding seats to major tournaments and are doing just fine. And HorseTourneys has been paying customers just fine ever since they began offering cash contests about five years ago.
bettwice2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2019, 08:01 PM   #13
turfeyejoe

No refund yet

It's been almost a month since I filled out the online request for a refund and still no check. Has anybody gotten any money back?
turfeyejoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2019, 09:16 PM   #14
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfeyejoe View Post
It's been almost a month since I filled out the online request for a refund and still no check.
Ditto
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #15
Immanuel Kant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettwice2 View Post
What exactly are you talking about here? HorseTourneys and HorsePlayers are the only sites that are awarding seats to major tournaments and are doing just fine. And HorseTourneys has been paying customers just fine ever since they began offering cash contests about five years ago.
Ignore the noise....the poster has not spent one cent on a contest....

How can the small player compete against whales, bots and rebates? Fixed Odds!
Immanuel Kant is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: