Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-08-2018, 04:14 PM   #16
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I can’t complain about her after today.

I fell asleep in the waiting room of a Doctors office....just like Justice Ginny did at the State of the Union....
Old 11-08-2018, 04:33 PM   #17
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I can’t complain about her after today.

I fell asleep in the waiting room of a Doctors office....just like Justice Ginny did at the State of the Union....
The story I heard was that the Black Robers got together for an adult beverage or two in preparation for the SOTU. God knows I'd need more than a couple to be able to watch one of those farces.

This accident, which occurred at the office, is one more reason for people of a certain age retiring. Even if still mentally sharp, it can still be hard for a person of that age to keep up with the physical activity of a busy office. She has fallen and broken ribs at least twice in the past.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:35 PM   #18
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2018, 04:38 PM   #19
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
If there were a video available I might pay a buck to watch her drop.
Diogenes
Old 11-09-2018, 11:56 AM   #20
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
This accident, which occurred at the office,
Ruthie is pulling a Worker's Comp scam I bet.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2018, 12:55 PM   #21
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Not to worry, Senator Addison McConnell thought it was A-OK to have the Supreme Court go short handed for a year; gives Ruthie plenty of time to recover.Hoping for a speedy recovery, broken ribs are a serious issue for someone her age.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2018, 01:04 PM   #22
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Not to worry, Senator Addison McConnell thought it was A-OK to have the Supreme Court go short handed for a year; gives Ruthie plenty of time to recover.Hoping for a speedy recovery, broken ribs are a serious issue for someone her age.
Still think she can stay on the court until 2024? She has survived cancer twice and now this fall. The cumulative effects of all the stuff we deal with accumulates over time. She doesn't have the look of someone who is aging well enough to take on a job. I think she'll hang on to see who wins the next election and then it's sayonara regardless.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2018, 01:10 PM   #23
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Still think she can stay on the court until 2024? She has survived cancer twice and now this fall. The cumulative effects of all the stuff we deal with accumulates over time. She doesn't have the look of someone who is aging well enough to take on a job. I think she'll hang on to see who wins the next election and then it's sayonara regardless.
what is wrong with having a lib on the SCOTUS that does not vote while recuperating? what was once 5-4 now becomes 5-3 or 4-4.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #24
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
what is wrong with having a lib on the SCOTUS that does not vote while recuperating? what was once 5-4 now becomes 5-3 or 4-4.
I just read that she is out of the hospital and will be "working from home". As I remember, the Court does not vote on cases most days, maybe one day a week. I'm sure she can drag herself in for anything she considers important. I don't know if a Justice has to be at the oral argument on a case to be able to vote on it.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #25
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
She's DYING to retire from the court (forgive the bad pun) but she has sworn that she won't with a Republican administration or Republican senate. She's going to try to hang in there until a dimwit is in the WH.

In fairness, Kennedy was the same way. He waited to retire until a Republican won the White House.

This proves beyond any shadow of doubt that no one on this planet is free from bias in terms of political, religious or word views..
Old 11-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #26
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
She's DYING to retire from the court (forgive the bad pun) but she has sworn that she won't with a Republican administration or Republican senate. She's going to try to hang in there until a dimwit is in the WH.

In fairness, Kennedy was the same way. He waited to retire until a Republican won the White House.

This proves beyond any shadow of doubt that no one on this planet is free from bias in terms of political, religious or word views..
If three ribs were indeed broken then she's gonna be on some serious pain meds to get through the day. Dangerous situation for someone her age.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2018, 02:10 PM   #27
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
If three ribs were indeed broken then she's gonna be on some serious pain meds to get through the day. Dangerous situation for someone her age.
pneumonia is a huge danger
Old 11-09-2018, 02:29 PM   #28
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
I just read that she is out of the hospital and will be "working from home". As I remember, the Court does not vote on cases most days, maybe one day a week. I'm sure she can drag herself in for anything she considers important. I don't know if a Justice has to be at the oral argument on a case to be able to vote on it.
Why woulds he need to her any arguments - she has already decided on all the cases she will ever hear.

If democrats can vote when they are dead, what the heck is 3 ribs?

Last edited by Tom; 11-09-2018 at 02:30 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #29
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
pneumonia is a huge danger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Why woulds he need to her any arguments - she has already decided on all the cases she will ever hear.

If democrats can vote when they are dead, what the heck is 3 ribs?
Heard she's doing fine, now that she has her Vodka IV hooked up to her walker...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2018, 03:04 PM   #30
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Heard she's doing fine, now that she has her Vodka IV hooked up to her walker...
The miracle of modern medicine!

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: