Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 06-23-2019, 02:07 PM   #1
Robert Fischer
clean money

Post Kassa's Korner (Gulfstream Rainbow 6 Mandatory Payout)

Kassa's Korner( http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...archid=7817085 )

is looking ahead to the RAINBOW-6 Mandatory Payout on June 30 2019.

The carryover Jackpot is currently $2,785,123. If it is not hit, should be in the ballpark of $3M, and figures to be a 'pool party', with a significant total pool ($10M+??)

Waiting to see entries and such, and will begin structuring a budget ticket and a series of tickets for 'team' play.

This could be a big one
Old 06-23-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
TheOracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Kassa's Korner( http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...archid=7817085 )

is looking ahead to the RAINBOW-6 Mandatory Payout on June 30 2019.

The carryover Jackpot is currently $2,785,123. If it is not hit, should be in the ballpark of $3M, and figures to be a 'pool party', with a significant total pool ($10M+??)

Waiting to see entries and such, and will begin structuring a budget ticket and a series of tickets for 'team' play.

This could be a big one
They have the .20 cents pick 6 and there should be quite a bit of combinations that are affordable
TheOracle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2019, 02:53 PM   #3
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
They have the .20 cents pick 6 and there should be quite a bit of combinations that are affordable

I think the 20-cents is great. All-inclusive.
Old 06-23-2019, 03:57 PM   #4
Robert Fischer
clean money

Cool all 5 Kassa's Korner threads. On a roll..., and Working Hard on the Rainbow-6

Kassa's Korner (Rainbow 6 'Mandatory Payout' Santa Anita Sunday June 16 2019 $3,187.64)

Kassa's Korner ( Stronach-5 Friday May, 31, 2019 $47,721.30)

Finger Lakes full-field Pick-4 ($2,594.50)

(Rainbow 6 'Mandatory Payout' Pimlico Monday May 27 2019 -$76.80(loss of $76.80) )

Belmont 'Whopper' (May 25 2019 $2,163.25)
Old 06-27-2019, 09:54 PM   #5
Robert Fischer
clean money

Angry I'm NOT holding a valuable series of tickets & handicapping insight this Sunday.

Someone hit it. $3.1 Million.

https://www.paulickreport.com/horsep...epHcE.facebook

Sunday, June 30('Mandatory Payout') was going to be about a $10M Pick-6 pool, with a 3.5M carryover.
I have been working relentlessly towards Sunday, for over a month. On to the next one.
I'm confident that I would have shown a mastery of the game, and holding valuable information before a sizable Pick-6, and there's a temptation to be disappointed at this news, but I can't be denied.
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! ARRRRRGGGGGGHHH!!!!!
excuse me WTF!!!!!!!! FFF!!!!!OK. [Breathe] OK... Alright. Let's go.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:25 AM   #6
deelo

Someone on twitter said it was an $18k ticket made at the Bellagio that was crafted toward knowing the $19 #4 would win the finale.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:49 AM   #7
TheOracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelo View Post
Someone on twitter said it was an $18k ticket made at the Bellagio that was crafted toward knowing the $19 #4 would win the finale.
Hey Deelo

Did they single the #4 on the ticket?
TheOracle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2019, 11:53 AM   #8
Robert Fischer
clean money

Thumbs up

Quote:
If you feel like digging that tweet back up, - I'd love to read it.

I'm not a big conspiracy theorist (OK, I am relatively EXTREMELY OPEN to considering remote possibilities, but consider it part of the game).

At face value, take with a grain of salt; Somewhat dangerous gamble, even if you "knew". I almost threw $10 at that general result myself. There was even a short price/possible-single in the mix IIRC.

Even Sunday's card had a threat of being 'worth more' to gamblers than to horseman, with cheaper races, and one of the two significant purse races being a 2yo maiden, and the sequence ending in a lower claiming event.

Most would call me a nut and conspiracy theorist. Blame that on my lack of communication skill, and the tendency to judge a book by it's cover, superficial judgement. I think it's been implied on the sports side of this board, in spite of me making a killing (on paper) in NBA and NFL, by often focusing on the line movement and the action as a major model. However, I don't believe it's all fixed, or they're out to get me etc... I simply see the market environment and occasionally have an opinion. No different from watching a sporting event and disagreeing with a call or a play.

(quote is mainly about focusing on the Major Models that drive a system, but also a footnote on apprehension at the end)
"Think over Things, most over the most Important. All fools come to grief from want of thought. They never see even the half of things, and as they do not observe their own loss or gain, still less do they apply any diligence to them. Some make much of what imports little and little of much, always weighing in the wrong scale. Many never lose their common sense, because they have none to lose. There are matters which should be observed with the closest attention of the mind, and thenceforth kept in its lowest depths. The wise man thinks over everything, but with a difference, most profoundly where there is some profound difficulty, and thinks that perhaps there is more in it than he thinks. Thus his comprehension extends as far as his apprehension." - Baltasar Gracian

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 06-28-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2019, 01:13 PM   #9
deelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
Hey Deelo

Did they single the #4 on the ticket?
i found the tweet, i asked if he was just being speculative or actually singled to the 4. i'll take some screenshots when i get a reply.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:05 PM   #10
deelo

@TrodderFurlong
Replying to @DRFWelsch
That guy constructed great ticket he knew 4 was winning last

Hasn't replied as to whether he was just speculating or actually knows the 4 was singled. Multiples have said it was a Bellagio ticket for just under $18k tho.

Aso here's a fun theoretical...

@AndreaRStewart
Replying to @jasonblewitt30
I did the calculations and if you boxed all horses it would have cost $222,000. Even if you pay 50% in taxes you'd still be $1.25 Million in the Black. Not bad. Wish I had had a quarter mill to plop down on a wager.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:28 AM   #11
castaway01

Quote:
@TrodderFurlong
Replying to @DRFWelsch
That guy constructed great ticket he knew 4 was winning last

Hasn't replied as to whether he was just speculating or actually knows the 4 was singled. Multiples have said it was a Bellagio ticket for just under $18k tho.

Aso here's a fun theoretical...

@AndreaRStewart
Replying to @jasonblewitt30
I did the calculations and if you boxed all horses it would have cost $222,000. Even if you pay 50% in taxes you'd still be $1.25 Million in the Black. Not bad. Wish I had had a quarter mill to plop down on a wager.
Except this is the Rainbow 6 and you have to have the only winning ticket to get the payoff. So boxing is a terrible idea unless you know you're going to have a bunch of longshots AND that no one else is going to be boxing. Otherwise you're just burning $200K. It's a different kind of wager than the regular Pick 6 but most Twitter commenters don't seem to get that.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2019, 12:10 PM   #12
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
Except this is the Rainbow 6 and you have to have the only winning ticket to get the payoff. So boxing is a terrible idea unless you know you're going to have a bunch of longshots AND that no one else is going to be boxing. Otherwise you're just burning $200K. It's a different kind of wager than the regular Pick 6 but most Twitter commenters don't seem to get that.
Right on. Great explanation of why a box would be pointless/negative-expected except in hindsight after knowing this specific random result.

There's some much cheaper 'strategies' to the R-6.

You are going to need several of the legs to be non-favorite winners, so that is how the tickets have to be structured.

basically the same as a Steve Crist A-B-C , but your structure includes regard to long-shot portion of races instead of contenders. almost backwards

It's not really "cheap" even with a knowledge of what to do, and then you have to get 'freaky' results, and then (in order to not give up a big chunk to carryover-takeout, you want to be the 'only' winner as well). It's just not a great bet unless you legitimately love a couple of big prices and spread-races in a sequence.

Opening day Pimlico this year, I posted a pick for a 14-1 shot on my facebook (and i don't post series of picks, just 1 horse), I got lucky and he got a trip and won, and I won a nice little score in the super/tri/ex/win, but I only threw about 2.50 into the Pick-5. So I hit 4 out of 5 legs, and the one i didn't hit was a third-choice or something (well within even light coverage) and there was only one winner who got $22k. (so $11k missed because of failure to recognize/capitalize)

Once in a blue-moon you can see something unusually good, but to try to 'box' or 'deep-cover' random wagers is poor strategy.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 06-29-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2019, 08:36 PM   #13
Robert Fischer
clean money

alright! now I am 5 out 6 winners for the six Kassa's Korner threads

Multi-race or Betting Exchange 'lay' +$ June 30 2019

Kassa's Korner (Rainbow 6 'Mandatory Payout' Santa Anita Sunday June 16 2019 $3,187.64)

Kassa's Korner ( Stronach-5 Friday May, 31, 2019 $47,721.30)

Finger Lakes full-field Pick-4 ($2,594.50)

(Rainbow 6 'Mandatory Payout' Pimlico Monday May 27 2019 -$76.80(loss of $76.80) )

Belmont 'Whopper' (May 25 2019 $2,163.25)
Old 07-03-2019, 04:05 PM   #14
Robert Fischer
clean money

Do not expect to keep winning 5/6...

I expect a positive return, but something like 2or3/6 is more realistic over a long period of time.

Sometimes you win a couple 'coin flips' and you have a 'streak'...

same with losing

Actually have one person who sent a small bankroll via Western Union... It's not built for Pick-5's, but it's something to grow exponentially over a year w/ Win wagers and occasional spot-plays.

my own bankroll is also doing fairly well, in spite of a few expenses this month.

May take a break from 'sharing' my info, while I try to capitalize on it.

Wagering through the pools via a small bankroll is not the highest-and-best-use of valuable information, but it's something. Until I can network with an Owner/trainer/claimer/syndicate/whale/media outfit etc... I may just go ahead and put the year or two into it that it will take.

These threads have kept my focus, so I've sharpened up a little bit, and thinking out-loud through some problems, like a thought-experiment.

Happy th
Old 07-12-2019, 10:33 PM   #15
LemonSoupKid

I'd like to chat about your various strategies, nothing too specific, but what you think the best angles are in choosing cards to play the pick 5s
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply