Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-25-2019, 10:37 AM   #1
Blenheim
Race Player

War of Will Brings Attention to Stringhalt; Casse Elusive

War of Will Brings Attention to Stringhalt

Casse knew War of Will had Stringhalt last November. The colt raced in the LeComte, Risen Star, Louisiana Derby, Kentucky Derby and the Preakness before Casse disclosed the disease. Casse should have disclosed the disease before those major races.

~

After War of Will had a misstep in the Louisiana Derby, Casse gave differing explanations for what happened: " . . . he strained maybe a muscle or whatever; caught his stifle or something; caught his patella."

Casse said, . . . if you watch, he buckles on his right hind. And we believe maybe it was a stumble of some sort. But when he did, we think he strained maybe a muscle or whatever. But he was significantly off after the race. He's significantly off. I've just been on the phone with Dr. Robert McMartin, he's my main guy. And he thinks he maybe caught his stifle or something. We feel like he'll probably be a little better tomorrow, and we're going to do further evaluation on him.”

The next day Casse said, “We're fairly certain that he probably caught his patella a little bit right at the start.”

One week later Casse said, “I'm happy to report that WOW went through extensive testing yesterday which included x-rays and ultrasound,” Casse wrote. “He was cleared to start his training regimen which began today at Keeneland.”

Considering $ 1,576,950 dollars was in the WPS pool in the Louisiana Derby with War of Will the 4/5 favorite, Casse should explain what, if anything happened to the colt in the Louisiana and what, if anything the vets found after the Louisiana. In addition and before the Belmont Stakes, Casse should disclose if War of Will has at any time or is now receiving medication to treat the disease.

New York has adopted and should perform Out of Competition Testing and inform the racing public of its findings.

Last edited by Blenheim; 05-25-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2019, 04:11 PM   #2
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
Casse should have disclosed the disease before those major races.
Then lets expose all the arthritic conditions, shock wave therapies, pin firing, thyroid problems and the huge HOST of other conditions that we have no idea about when we risk our money

This would not have happened in a hong kong race where you have access to ALL the information you need.

All it does is further highlight how "kept in the dark" people who wager on U.S. racing are.

And now we're going to pick and choose which trainers/horses we don't get the information on, when in general we don't HAVE access to veterinary reports on any horses.

It's a joke. Either make things transparent across the board or don't complain when a horse you liked or didn't like ends up with "something wrong with them." Life at Ten "staggering down the field" wasn't a pretty sight. I'd still like to know what they gave her, and exactly how much.

Last edited by clicknow; 05-25-2019 at 04:12 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2019, 03:09 AM   #3
Blenheim
Race Player

Transparency good for the Sport . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Then lets expose all the arthritic conditions, shock wave therapies, pin firing, thyroid problems and the huge HOST of other conditions that we have no idea about when we risk our money

This would not have happened in a hong kong race where you have access to ALL the information you need.

All it does is further highlight how "kept in the dark" people who wager on U.S. racing are.

And now we're going to pick and choose which trainers/horses we don't get the information on, when in general we don't HAVE access to veterinary reports on any horses.

It's a joke. Either make things transparent across the board or don't complain when a horse you liked or didn't like ends up with "something wrong with them." Life at Ten "staggering down the field" wasn't a pretty sight. I'd still like to know what they gave her, and exactly how much.
I’d like to see a central governing body here like they have in Chinese Hong Kong wherein there is transparency and if there is any infraction at their two (2) racetracks, it is adjudicated by their governing authorities, making everything nice and “transparent across the board." But I don’t see that happening here anytime soon.

Here, in America, in the case of War of Will, the colt has a disease that may or may not have an effect on his racing ability. He raced with the disease in Louisiana and Kentucky and it was not until he raced in Maryland that his trainer disclosed the malady. Considering all that has happened along this Triple Crown trail, it is troubling that Casse did not disclose the disease until after the Preakness Stakes.

We now know and the NYRA now knows the colt has Stringhalt. Casse has yet to disclose what type, its severity and if War of Will has or is now taking medication to treat the disease. Casse should be transparent and inform the racing public everything he knows about War of Will’s Stringhalt; transparency would be good for the Sport.

Should be interesting to watch how the NYRA manages this case.

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2019, 01:45 AM   #4
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
I’d like to see a central governing body here like they have in Chinese Hong Kong wherein there is transparency and if there is any infraction at their two (2) racetracks, it is adjudicated by their governing authorities, making everything nice and “transparent across the board." But I don’t see that happening here anytime soon.

Here, in America, in the case of War of Will, the colt has a disease that may or may not have an effect on his racing ability. He raced with the disease in Louisiana and Kentucky and it was not until he raced in Maryland that his trainer disclosed the malady. Considering all that has happened along this Triple Crown trail, it is troubling that Casse did not disclose the disease until after the Preakness Stakes.

We now know and the NYRA now knows the colt has Stringhalt. Casse has yet to disclose what type, its severity and if War of Will has or is now taking medication to treat the disease. Casse should be transparent and inform the racing public everything he knows about War of Will’s Stringhalt; transparency would be good for the Sport.

Should be interesting to watch how the NYRA manages this case.
And how come every time I've brought up ALL the other "conditions" that horses have, inlcuding the medication induced problems, all I get are crickets but you insist on beating this drum and never answer me in the other topics where I explain it better.

Tell me that you know everything about the horses OTHER THAN WoW, tell me if you know if they are on Thryo-L (or god knows what else) and may keel over on the track, blah blah blah. I don't feel like repeating myself.

It jsut soudns like you have a "thing" for Casse or Wow or something.

I was never informed about the Thyro L, I was never informed that Life at Ten had perhaps been given an overdose of Lasix, I was not informeed that before teh Belmont Big Brown was in the holding shed kicking down the walls on the hottest day of the year (and there was many many hours when somebody could have mentioned it) and I don't feel like naming 100+ other incidents and mysterious things I've seen in 20 years.

How about you just cover all the bases equally and say we need transparency in racing, we need access to veterinary reports, we want to know how bad a foot bruise is or a sprained ankle or anything else..........we are not privy to so very very many things. Quit beating up on ONE horse ?

Last edited by clicknow; 06-06-2019 at 01:48 AM.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:55 AM   #5
clicknow

Also how many other "neurologic" disorders do other horses on the track have that you and I don't know about? That little song and dance Baffert did with his horse who was obviously limping and he was saying it was just the uneveness of the surface outside the barn area there, while his horse was standing on stones. Okay, he doesn't have a neurological disorder (that I know of) but what about all the other horses who are "unwell", scratched, not scratched, can't race, can't explain why they did so bad.......how many thousands of "horses with problems" do you think are out there today?