Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
hjr1809

Larry Hurley

I was able to purchase a book by Hurley on Ebay called 'WOW+TOP'. Has anyone used this or any of his others? There was another book on ebay that I didn't win called something like 'Winning by the Numbers'.
hjr1809 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2006, 01:05 PM   #2
NoDayJob

Hurley has promoted his racing systems over the years... none of which ever produced a profit to the best of my knowledge. Cavet emptor.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #3
kitts

Seemed to be sorta big in the late '80s. Spoke to users and groupies. Never heard anything real good but, to be fair, never heard anything bad.

Kitts Anderson
Chairman, Oldguys Oasis
kitts is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2006, 07:53 PM   #4
timtam

Over a year ago I picked up winning by the numbers on ebay.

There is no handicapping as you get all your picks from the morning line.

He gives you 2 methods of play which give the system a better chance

to hit the triple ( which is the bet he recommends ). He advocates lots

of combinations and I'm sure you will hit the triple eventually , however,

whethor or not its profitable I would hardly think so. Its kind of a

throw enough combinations at the wall and sooner or later one will stick.

I think some of the tickets he recommends cost over $60 and if you

play a few tracks with a qualified triple in many races ( he wants 8 or more

horses) you better hit a few hefty payers. On a scale of 1-10 I would

rate it a 3 because you may hit a big one right away and be in the black

for a while. Hope this helps !!
timtam is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
hjr1809

timtam,

Thank you for the info. The book I won on ebay talks about combing with 'numbers'. According to info at the back of book, there is a supplement to numbers when used in combination with WOW+TOP, Hurley states will make you 'ONE OF THE BEST HANDICAPPERS IN THE WORLD'.
hjr1809 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2015, 05:00 PM   #6
horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjr1809
I was able to purchase a book by Hurley on Ebay called 'WOW+TOP'. Has anyone used this or any of his others? There was another book on ebay that I didn't win called something like 'Winning by the Numbers'.

Bought one of his "systems"' it was based on identifying patterns in the horses' lengths off the pace eg 6-4, 6-6, 5-3, 4-3 1/2 - horse running positions were 6,6,5,4 but he looked at the 4 lengths off followed by 6 lengths off but gaining then 3 lengths off this was one of his patterns ... regaining lengths lost .

If more than one horse qualified on patterns then you play the one going off at highest odds.

I lost interest it and never made money in the long run as with most of these systems.

I do remember his bankroll management system ... you budgeted yourself as if you were going to play all races on the card.

So with a 9 race card at 2$ per race your gambling bank roll is 18$ for the day ... if you have 6 horses lined up then divide 6 into 18 for 3$ bet for each horse .. if you only have 1 horse you bet the days' bank roll $18 on that horse.

A lot of playing methods use the pace lengths .. gaining pace lengths between the first 2 calls etc, loosing pace lengths then regaining them .. problem is there are a lot of horses in the race with these patterns.

Don't remember the name of the system
horseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2015, 01:57 PM   #7
lsosa54

Probably the "Patterns" yellow booklet that came with the Instant Riches method (white booklet).
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2015, 07:14 PM   #8
GMCstreak

Larry Dean Hurley

I have purchased just about everything this man has written, Winning by the Numbers was not one of my favorites. He did wright some worth while systems, "The 9th Pattern" was golden!!!{ still is} It deals with looking for certain patterns in the horses running lines, I look for these patterns in every race card I play. You don't have a play unless it 9/2 or better - no chalk with this system. My biggest score with this system was 90/1 -I played the horse across the board, paid - 192.20 - 55.80 - 18.40 If you can find this system I suggest you buy it - its the best pattern handicapping tool I have ever found.
GMCstreak is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2015, 11:24 AM   #9
GMCstreak

Thumbs up WOW + TOP

Work Out Winners plus Trainer Overall Percentage is the originally name of this booklet. Its the best work out angle I have ever used, works great at Woodbin and first time starters - Its worth using!
GMCstreak is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: