Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-28-2017, 09:35 PM   #46
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike View Post
How about finding out exactly what the "Commingling Guest" portion is of the California takeout?

It's something like 8+% of t/o.

Please refer to my posts in the "Ritvo wants to lower takeout" thread. I realize the t/o is legit besides it's been included in t/o for years amounting to 100's of millions maybe even billions of $. I just don't understand why it can't be labeled clearly as a line item because apparently the CHRB staff probably also has no idea what or how it is distributed.

Btw, I have a gut feeling it's part of the t/o at every track since the blended t/o rate at most tracks is similar to California's (21% +/-). It's just that Cali racing is more transparent in their financial reporting compared to other jurisdictions as far as I can tell.

Thanks.

Also, I'm not or have ever questioned your integrity in your posts. I actually appreciate your candor.
Revenue numbers are in the CHRB report:

The on-track handle represents wagers at the host track. For FY 2015-16, on-track wagers accounted for 11.69 percent of the total handle. Off-track handle represents wagering at California simulcast locations and accounted for 23.04 percent of the total. Out-of-state handle represents commingled wagers from other US and international sites. Out-of-state wagers accounted for 34.89 percent of the total. Advance Deposit Wager (ADW) represents the handle generated through the four-licensed California ADW companies. The ADW handle accounted for 30.38 percent of the total.

I have some older figures for how takeout is divided from out of state sources and I'll see if I can find something more recent.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2017, 10:33 PM   #47
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Revenue numbers are in the CHRB report:

The on-track handle represents wagers at the host track. For FY 2015-16, on-track wagers accounted for 11.69 percent of the total handle. Off-track handle represents wagering at California simulcast locations and accounted for 23.04 percent of the total. Out-of-state handle represents commingled wagers from other US and international sites. Out-of-state wagers accounted for 34.89 percent of the total. Advance Deposit Wager (ADW) represents the handle generated through the four-licensed California ADW companies. The ADW handle accounted for 30.38 percent of the total.

I have some older figures for how takeout is divided from out of state sources and I'll see if I can find something more recent.
No, if you go to the CHRB website tab Statistics - Report of Operation.

I looked at the 2014 - 2015 financials for SA and that line item is reported in all of the Takeout Summary reports and also reported in other years.

I checked and it's also reported on Los Al's and Del Mar's and probably all the other tracks in Cali which is the reason I suspect every track in the country probably has a similar line item. They just probably call it something different if one can find their financials.

Btw, I selected 2014 -2015 because of your post on the takeout and est. amount going to overhead.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2017, 12:35 AM   #48
Gander36

Well... I know the first inclination is to recoil and demonize Ms. Beattie, but anyone that really knows what goes on knows many trainers push the envelope of legality. And horse racing is not serious about addressing the issue and/or cleaning it up.

How many times have we seen all of a trainers barn pop up in another trainer's name during a suspension? Typically the wife's, the assistant's, etc.? Wasn't Scott Blasi an assistant to Steve Asmussen? Then Steve got suspended and Scott became a top trainer - well, until Steve Asmussen got off suspension. What happened to this great trainer after Steve returned?

How is it that Dale White in Louisiana is a lifetime 2% trainer, yet when Eduardo Ramirez gets caught and suspended for racing the wrong horse to a claiming victory, ALL of Ramirez's horses end up in Dale White's file, and now he's winning at 25%+? You think maybe Eduardo might still have a hand in the operation? LOL.

Racing has enough issues competing for the gambling dollar anyway. Allowing cheaters to exists and thrive just drives more and more of it away.
Gander36 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2017, 10:55 AM   #49
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Meyers View Post
Not true. They had no problem reporting on Derby Wars/Stronach litigation at every turn. It's called NO BALLS.

Years back, BH had a very good investigative journalist named Ryan Conley. They ran him off. Now they are just shills for the tracks/horsemen.
This isn't the same. Paulick has covered this since Gill exposed many issues going on at Penn. I checked some of the archives at BS and found nothing, maybe you can run the archive scan and see if DRF or BS reported on Penns issues that relates to Rojas.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:34 AM   #50
TonyK@HSH

Another thing to keep in mind is that these charges date back to 2014 and beyond. Because of these charges, Pen probably runs one of the cleanest programs in horse racing today. Trainers don't dare push the regulations on same day medications.

TonyK
TonyK@HSH is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2017, 10:53 PM   #51
WJ47

I guess it's bad for business to write about the cheating. People may decide they don't want to play a game with so much shady stuff going on.

And the cheating is rampant. I grew up on a large horse farm. Horses were sent to us for layoffs. The stories I heard were unbelievable. The owners and trainers would sit around and laugh about their escapades.
WJ47 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2017, 01:14 PM   #52
proximity

did cicci and pentangeli testify yet?
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2017, 06:28 PM   #53
MONEY

Dog Racing also has a huge drug problem.

"12 greyhounds test positive for cocaine at Bestbet race track in Orange Park"

http://jacksonville.com/news/2017-06...ck-orange-park
Old 06-30-2017, 07:34 PM   #54
lamboguy

defendant convicted of 14 counts of the 21 pending.

seems like the jurrors wanted no part of missing their long weekends!
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2018, 11:19 AM   #55
upthecreek

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: