Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-10-2015, 05:31 PM   #1
RacingFan1992

What happened to the Calumet Farm silks?

This has been driving me nuts for a long time. I know Bluegrass Hall switched the Calumet colors to their own. Please if there is any one who knows what happened to them it would be greatly appreciated. I read somewhere that a place in Brazil is in possession of them and didn't want to give them up. Does anyone know the name of the people who own them.
RacingFan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2015, 06:13 PM   #2
chadk66

there are probably a dozen or more sets laying around the country
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingFan1992
This has been driving me nuts for a long time. I know Bluegrass Hall switched the Calumet colors to their own. Please if there is any one who knows what happened to them it would be greatly appreciated. I read somewhere that a place in Brazil is in possession of them and didn't want to give them up. Does anyone know the name of the people who own them.
What does this question mean? By the silks, do you mean the rights to use the colors or an actual physical garment? Because I'm sure there was more than one pair of actual physical silks with those colors, as Calumet once was a huge operation. If you mean the right to use the colors, I don't think any of the descendants who still own horses in this country, if there are any, use the old Calumet colors, so I don't think you'll see them again.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2015, 06:14 PM   #4
Ocala Mike

Yeah, devil's red and blue; famous colors.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #5
RacingFan1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
What does this question mean? By the silks, do you mean the rights to use the colors or an actual physical garment? Because I'm sure there was more than one pair of actual physical silks with those colors, as Calumet once was a huge operation. If you mean the right to use the colors, I don't think any of the descendants who still own horses in this country, if there are any, use the old Calumet colors, so I don't think you'll see them again.
I was referring to the rights to the colors.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:56 PM   #6
tanner12oz

Saw calumet farms bourbon at the ABC today
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2015, 09:18 PM   #7
SG4

Believe TNT Stud has the rights to the silks now, they've had a few good runners over the years, Cara Rafaela comes to mind as one of them.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2015, 09:32 PM   #8
RacingFan1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4
Believe TNT Stud has the rights to the silks now, they've had a few good runners over the years, Cara Rafaela comes to mind as one of them.
Oh WOW! Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:45 PM   #9
sandpit

Stud TNT it is indeed. Their website is here: http://www.studtnt.com/ You can see the old Calumet silks up in the corner of the page.

Stud TNT's owner also owns Three Chimneys Farm.
sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2015, 10:48 PM   #10
River11
Murray KY

http://www.kyforward.com/billy-reed-...asphemy-i-say/
River11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2015, 11:01 PM   #11
RacingFan1992

I saw that article. Pretty much placing a guilt trip on the owners of both places. Even if the silks were not active and belonged to a place like the Kentucky Horse Museum or something would be fine for me.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:09 PM   #12
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingFan1992
I saw that article. Pretty much placing a guilt trip on the owners of both places. Even if the silks were not active and belonged to a place like the Kentucky Horse Museum or something would be fine for me.

Similar to retiring a player's jersey. You don't wear it again; Jordan excluded, lol.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2015, 11:18 PM   #13
RacingFan1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One
Similar to retiring a player's jersey. You don't wear it again; Jordan excluded, lol.
EXACTLY! To bring those silks home and have the rights owned by the International Museum of the Horse and forever remain in their custody.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:49 AM   #14
Grits

Quote:
A photo essay with comments on today's Calumet Farm operation. Too, a note on the famous Calumet silks...asked about, here, in the thread.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...f-a-legend-735
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2015, 10:37 AM   #15
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
A photo essay with comments on today's Calumet Farm operation. Too, a note on the famous Calumet silks...asked about, here, in the thread.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...f-a-legend-735
this is great news
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: