Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 09-10-2020, 01:42 PM   #7126
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
You didn't. Yes, I'll agree that in late Jan and early Feb even Fauci didn't recognize how bad it would get. However, thankfully we have months March - Sept where we can see who take it seriously and who didn't. And again, I don't see Fauci being taped saying "this is deadly but we won't tell them". Even in that article he's quoted referring to what might happen if it spreads beyond where they knew it to be.

I don't suffer from being a blind fanboy to anyone, so you're not gonna get me saying "this person is so great and I'll never change my mind". Nice try again...
It is amazing that Trump was the only person who was aware of the dangers of the coronavirus. It was a closely held secret not disseminated to any of the governors or other people in government. Clearly someone like Cuomo would have done things much differently had he known how serious the virus was supposed to be. Pelosi would not have recommended spending time in China Town without wearing a mask.

A serious attitude by Trump would have also encouraged the elderly with comorbidities to change their diets and lifestyle to protect themselves from the ravages of the virus.
Old 09-10-2020, 01:48 PM   #7127
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Who said anything about MARCH 2020?

We're talking JANUARY and FEBRUARY...you know...the SAME TIME PERIOD WOODWARD WRITES ABOUT TRUMP MISLEADING THE PUBLIC.

Fauci did the same thing. I have offered video and documented evidence of such.

Thoughts on that specific time period concerning Dr. Fauci?

Should Woodward write an expose about the good doctor? And how he was misleading the public and sugar coating this "massive threat," as you like to call it?
What about.....

Fact check: Fauci warned Trump administration in 2017 of surprise infectious disease outbreak
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ak/5494601002/

And....
10 times Trump and his administration were warned about coronavirus
https://www.axios.com/trump-coronavi...0f4f9aa97.html

And his own security adviser warning him on Jan 28th.?

Where does the buck stop?
Old 09-10-2020, 01:50 PM   #7128
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

So now you're saying Trump is smart? And a medical doctor?

Blame his dumb ass advisors on everything else, but when the advisor is Fauci this time, can't blame him!

So pointless arguing with idiot partisans. I know you guys feel the same way.

So why bother?
Old 09-10-2020, 01:58 PM   #7129
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
It is amazing that Trump was the only person who was aware of the dangers of the coronavirus. It was a closely held secret not disseminated to any of the governors or other people in government. Clearly someone like Cuomo would have done things much differently had he known how serious the virus was supposed to be. Pelosi would not have recommended spending time in China Town without wearing a mask.

A serious attitude by Trump would have also encouraged the elderly with comorbidities to change their diets and lifestyle to protect themselves from the ravages of the virus.
There seems to be a lot of confusion about why Trump is getting or should be getting shit for these interviews. It's not a question of "did Trump accurately estimate how severe this will be". This pandemic was and is something unseen recently and an almost impossible situation to get "right". Simply understimating the severity at the start is forgivable (at least to me). What's horribly wrong in this situation is that Trump admitted that he knew how bad it was yet decided to downplay it. Perhaps he was worried about the stock market. Perhaps he was worried about panic (LUL). Whatever it was, it was a horrible decision with horrible consequences. And the most unforgivable part is that once he knew, he doubled, tripled, and quadrupled down on "it's no big deal" or "it's in the rearview".

It's not a question of did he or did he not know. It's a question of what he did once he did know.

FWIW, you all go to great lengths to assign blame to others when he f's up, yet you and he want us to think he's the only person capable to handle the presidency...fascinating. The buck stops with him..sometimes?
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2020, 02:06 PM   #7130
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Not the only person capable of handling the presidency...just the much better person of the two that the major parties have offered.
rastajenk is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2020, 02:06 PM   #7131
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
There seems to be a lot of confusion about why Trump is getting or should be getting shit for these interviews. It's not a question of "did Trump accurately estimate how severe this will be". This pandemic was and is something unseen recently and an almost impossible situation to get "right". Simply understimating the severity at the start is forgivable (at least to me). What's horribly wrong in this situation is that Trump admitted that he knew how bad it was yet decided to downplay it. Perhaps he was worried about the stock market. Perhaps he was worried about panic (LUL). Whatever it was, it was a horrible decision with horrible consequences. And the most unforgivable part is that once he knew, he doubled, tripled, and quadrupled down on "it's no big deal" or "it's in the rearview".

It's not a question of did he or did he not know. It's a question of what he did once he did know.

FWIW, you all go to great lengths to assign blame to others when he f's up, yet you and he want us to think he's the only person capable to handle the presidency...fascinating. The buck stops with him..sometimes?
I think Trump has done a horrible job with the Coronavirus situation.

He decided to actually LISTEN TO THE SCIENCE....terrible move on his part...as science itself will be the first to tell you it "had nothing" for COVID-19 except "hide in the basement."

He should have listened to SWEDEN instead...he didn't go with his gut this time, and he ****ed up big time.

BTW, I've already stated as much, more than once on this board in the past...but you seem to miss the posts I make that are critical of my GOD...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-10-2020 at 02:09 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2020, 02:07 PM   #7132
jay68802

And again, what did Pelosi, Biden, and other Dem leaders do?

A. They had no plan, and did nothing.

B. They had no plan, and did not care to do anything.

C. Fauci was positive this would happen, and was in the driver's seat on this.

Easy for a lot of people to slam Trump on this with hindsight.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2020, 02:08 PM   #7133
hcap

Quote:
So now you're saying Trump is smart? And a medical doctor?

Blame his dumb ass advisors on everything else, but when the advisor is Fauci this time, can't blame him!

So pointless arguing with idiot partisans. I know you guys feel the same way.

So why bother?
The novel virus was not completely understood when it first broke out. Medical professionals were no sure about many things. However the fact that is was NOVEL with no human immunity or vacine was understood, as well as the exponential rate of community spread.

That was reason enough to be alarmed of a possible approaching cat 4 storm.

As Joe was.....

Joe Biden: Trump is worst possible leader to deal with coronavirus outbreak...Jan 27th 2020
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/4581710002/

The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president. I remember how Trump sought to stoke fear and stigma during the 2014 Ebola epidemic. He called President Barack Obama a “dope” and “incompetent” and railed against the evidence-based response our administration put in place — which quelled the crisis and saved hundreds of thousands of lives — in favor of reactionary travel bans that would only have made things worse. He advocated abandoning exposed and infected American citizens rather than bringing them home for treatment.

Trump’s demonstrated failures of judgment and his repeated rejection of science make him the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health challenge.

....The outbreak of a new coronavirus, which has already infected more than 2,700 people and killed over 80 in China, will get worse before it gets better. Cases have been confirmed in a dozen countries, with at least five in the United States. There will likely be more.

Last edited by hcap; 09-10-2020 at 02:09 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2020, 02:12 PM   #7134
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Check this shit out...........

Harris County Texas (Houston) has a running daily number of new infections

The number is used to keep us in a certain condition:

Grn Yellow Red etc

We have been in Red since July 15th.

It was revealed today that the "Daily number" takes into account positives from as far back as May.

They reported the number today as 720

The real number of tests within the last 10 days is 123

That would make us code Yellow on the low end. Nope....couldn't do that .......too busy putting people out of business!!!!
Old 09-10-2020, 02:13 PM   #7135
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
As Joe was.....

Joe Biden: Trump is worst possible leader to deal with coronavirus outbreak...Jan 27th 2020
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/4581710002/
Six days prior to Jan 27, Fauci was on TV saying COVID was not a major threat to the US and it was NOT something Americans needed to be WORRIED ABOUT.

Old 09-10-2020, 02:17 PM   #7136
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
I think Trump has done a horrible job with the Coronavirus situation.

He decided to actually LISTEN TO THE SCIENCE....terrible move on his part...as science itself will be the first to tell you it "had nothing" for COVID-19 except "hide in the basement."

He should have listened to SWEDEN instead...he didn't go with his gut this time, and he ****ed up big time.

BTW, I've already stated as much, more than once on this board in the past...but you seem to miss the posts I make that are critical of my GOD...
He didn't listen to the science. You keep bringing up Jan/Feb as if there haven't been 6 months between then and now.

You're right...I have missed them. They're likely something along the lines of "he hasn't come down hard enough on this being a hoax"
Old 09-10-2020, 02:19 PM   #7137
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
And again, what did Pelosi, Biden, and other Dem leaders do?

A. They had no plan, and did nothing.

B. They had no plan, and did not care to do anything.

C. Fauci was positive this would happen, and was in the driver's seat on this.

Easy for a lot of people to slam Trump on this with hindsight.
Who's the president again? Here comes the "but Obama..." or "what about Hillary's emails...". Trump is in office. Trump is the president. When and if a Dem is the president, we can focus on him/her...
Old 09-10-2020, 02:23 PM   #7138
MargieRose

Quote:

How did HE know for sure what EVERYONE else, including the scientists, didn't know for sure? And, I'm not taking about over time. How is it that Fauci has no complaints?
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2020, 02:23 PM   #7139
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You're right...I have missed them.
Telling.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:26 PM   #7140
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
How did HE know for sure what EVERYONE else, including the scientists, didn't know for sure? And, I'm not taking about over time. How is it that Fauci has no complaints?
Is this a trick question? By his own admission...