Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:20 PM   #7081
jimmyb

Biden and asthma

jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2020, 10:20 PM   #7082
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I give up
Old 09-10-2020, 06:17 AM   #7083
JerryBoyle
Veteran

PA, you've put yourself in quite the tough position. On the one hand, you've decided to believe anything and everything Trump & friends tell you. On the other, you've decided that COVID isn't dangerous. Now you have Trump *ON TAPE* months ago admitting COVID is in fact dangerous. Your choices are to recognize that the man you hold sacred maybe doesn't have your best interests at heart, or the disease you've downplayed for months is actually a problem.

Incidentally, this is the problem with treating a grifter as if he's a god. At some point you'll find out he's sold you a bill of goods, and you're left looking a fool. The irony is that for those of us who recognize that Trump is an idiot, the warnings from scientists were heeded and precautions were taken. It's his ardent supporters who he most endangered (see Mr Cain).
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2020, 06:42 AM   #7084
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
PA, you've put yourself in quite the tough position. On the one hand, you've decided to believe anything and everything Trump & friends tell you. On the other, you've decided that COVID isn't dangerous. Now you have Trump *ON TAPE* months ago admitting COVID is in fact dangerous. Your choices are to recognize that the man you hold sacred maybe doesn't have your best interests at heart, or the disease you've downplayed for months is actually a problem.

Incidentally, this is the problem with treating a grifter as if he's a god. At some point you'll find out he's sold you a bill of goods, and you're left looking a fool. The irony is that for those of us who recognize that Trump is an idiot, the warnings from scientists were heeded and precautions were taken. It's his ardent supporters who he most endangered (see Mr Cain).
I believe,as President, trying to keep the public from encountering "pandemic panic"is wise, but what were his real intentions, assuring the public or saving the Stock Market?
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2020, 08:34 AM   #7085
davew

Quote:

If Bob Woodward was a good reporter, he would have released the recording at the time. It makes me wonder if it actually happened.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2020, 08:36 AM   #7086
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521 View Post
I believe,as President, trying to keep the public from encountering "pandemic panic"is wise, but what were his real intentions, assuring the public or saving the Stock Market?
Withholding facts from your citizens and minimizing or outright lying about the severity of a virus doesn't seem like a good way to avoid panic. If that were his goal, simply saying "it's bad but with these common sense measures we can reduce its impact" seems far more effective.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:37 AM   #7087
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
If Bob Woodward was a good reporter, he would have released the recording at the time. It makes me wonder if it actually happened.
Come on. Trump sat down with him something like 18 times. It's his voice on tape. What more do you want??
Old 09-10-2020, 09:05 AM   #7088
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I understand that Woodward is being questioned as to why he didn't say something. But then again, what's up with Trump trusting him with such info knowing Woodwards' reputation ?

Last edited by jk3521; 09-10-2020 at 09:19 AM.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2020, 09:20 AM   #7089
ElKabong

Quote:
Hopefully both
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2020, 09:25 AM   #7090
davew

Quote:
I understand that Woodward is being questioned as to why he didn't say something. But then again, what's up with Trump trusting him with such info knowing Woodwards' reputation ?
Lindsey Graham brokered the deal and convinced Trump to do the interviews.

Most of Washington DC politicians hate Trump and his efforts to stop the graft and corruption.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=uxbndlbing
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2020, 09:30 AM   #7091
tucker6

Quote:
Withholding facts from your citizens and minimizing or outright lying about the severity of a virus doesn't seem like a good way to avoid panic. If that were his goal, simply saying "it's bad but with these common sense measures we can reduce its impact" seems far more effective.
LOL. The average person knows the govt always downplays these things. Both left and right. This issue is a real nothingburger. I know you desperately want it to be earth shattering but it ain't.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2020, 10:15 AM   #7092
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Let's also not forget, Trump is also the guy who's trying to get you all to panic about pretty much every other thing. Muslims, Mexican rapists, black rioters, ANTIFA... So now you wanna pull the "he's tryin to have us not panic?" Fascinating the leaps your minds will go through to side step around his obvious flaws...
Old 09-10-2020, 10:21 AM   #7093
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

First off, I thought you were another one who was leaving...at least I'm right about one thing...folks NEVER leave here...THANK YOU FOR MAKING PACEADVANTAGE.COM GREAT!

Second, I don't believe everything TRUMP & FRIENDS tell me. And TRUMP is not my god. You of all people, if you actually pay attention to what I write, should have realized that long ago.

I don't care whether he wins or loses. I'm not the one who is going to be jumping off a bridge if he loses.

Some of our leftist friends on here however...definitely would need to be put on suicide watch should the miracle occur and he wins a second term.

Or would you not agree on that?

Some god I have...
Old 09-10-2020, 10:23 AM   #7094
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Sounds just like Dr. Fauci in January and February.

And he was the MEDICAL DOCTOR advising POTUS. As you know, POTUS is a dumb mother****er and not a medical doctor.

Sounds to me like Woodward SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN THAT BOOK ABOUT FAUCI.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:24 AM   #7095
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Let's also not forget, Trump is also the guy who's trying to get you all to panic about pretty much every other thing. Muslims, Mexican rapists, black rioters, ANTIFA... So now you wanna pull the "he's tryin to have us not panic?" Fascinating the leaps your minds will go through to side step around his obvious flaws...
Nobody gives a **** about any of these things anymore. Yet you guys keep bringing it up as if...

Fascinating indeed.