Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:56 AM   #6361
lamboguy

some good news in the florida numbers

the first time tested numbers are down to 10.5% yesterday from a high of 18% 3 weeks ago.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2020, 09:28 AM   #6362
tucker6

Can we stop with the good news and get back to fear and hysteria?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2020, 09:45 AM   #6363
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Can we stop with the good news and get back to fear and hysteria?
we get enough fear and hysteria from our president these days, we need some hope and dreams now.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:19 AM   #6364
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
we get enough fear and hysteria from our president these days, we need some hope and dreams now.
Wait.. what?? The last memo I read was that Trump was out in left field with his happy talk. Can you provide an example of fear and hysteria from Trump on the virus? This should be good.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:02 PM   #6365
lamboguy

the caravan, the chinese, the deep state, his cabinet, his own niece....

you got the picture, you don't need any more. they all feed you with the same shit, that's what politics is all about.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:05 PM   #6366
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
Good David Stockman article questioning the popular narrative.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/07/...at-masked-man/

Moreover, there is no real mystery as to why the curve is (thankfully) plunging to the lower right of the chart and heading right off the page. This virus like other virulent influenza’s strikes the weakest and most vulnerable population first, and thereafter tends to meet its match as the immune systems of the healthier parts of the population join the battle.

By the same token, there is no “second wave” crisis in the so-called hot spot areas of the Sunbelt, either. Like in the case of New York, the virus is simply moving through the population in a time frame that is a month or two lagged relative to the original contagion’s spread in the Northeast; and, again, it is meeting its match in the immune systems of the healthier parts of the population.

The proof for that is straightforward and is measured by the hospitalization rate per new case. The latter has plunged from 15-20% in the early days of the contagion in these new so-called hot spot states, but is now in the low single digits. The data for new cases, hospitalizations and the hospitalization ratio for the first 20 days of July includes the following::

In a word, hospitalization rates of 3-6% are not indicative of a public health crisis or a dread disease laying waste to the population. In fact, they are only slightly above the hospitalization rates for normal winter influenza.
Mr Stockman makes a few good points, but has no medical or epidemiological training. And is way off on outcomes of current hospitalization rates in Florida. He claims
Quote:
"hospitalization rates of 3-6% are not indicative of a public health crisis or a dread disease laying waste to the population
However:

https://covidactnow.org/us/fl/?s=756131

Future Hospitalization (both ICU and non-ICU) Projections
Florida

Assuming current trends and interventions continue, Florida hospitals are unlikely to become overloaded in the next 30 days. However, any reopening should happen in a slow and phased fashion. If all restrictions were completely lifted today, hospitals would overload on August 21, 2020.

.................................................. ..
Main Page:

Guided by common values, Covid Act Now is a multidisciplinary team of technologists, epidemiologists, health experts, and public policy leaders working to provide disease intelligence and data analysis on COVID in the U.S.
https://covidactnow.org/about

Last edited by hcap; 07-23-2020 at 12:07 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2020, 01:11 PM   #6367
tucker6

Quote:
the caravan, the chinese, the deep state, his cabinet, his own niece....

you got the picture, you don't need any more. they all feed you with the same shit, that's what politics is all about.
Russia, Russia, Russia. Then it was trade war is gonna kill us. Then it was Trump wrecking the rule of law. Then it was Trump hates blacks. Then it was Trump hates hispanics. Then it was Trump hates everyone not white. Now it's the virus boogie monster. My God, when do you find time to breathe with all that hyperventilating.

I wish I was using hyperbole but the left is nuts.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:22 PM   #6368
lamboguy

Quote:
Russia, Russia, Russia. Then it was trade war is gonna kill us. Then it was Trump wrecking the rule of law. Then it was Trump hates blacks. Then it was Trump hates hispanics. Then it was Trump hates everyone not white. Now it's the virus boogie monster. My God, when do you find time to breathe with all that hyperventilating.

I wish I was using hyperbole but the left is nuts.
i agree he is insane. if he kept his mouth shut he would win by the biggest landslide of all time.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:11 PM   #6369
tucker6

Quote:
i agree he is insane. if he kept his mouth shut he would win by the biggest landslide of all time.
Speaking of keeping his mouth shut, I bet you are in fear of Biden and the debates. Maybe if you're lucky Biden will come down with the virus three times this fall.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:52 PM   #6370
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Mr Stockman makes a few good points, but has no medical or epidemiological training. And is way off on outcomes of current hospitalization rates in Florida. He claims

However:

https://covidactnow.org/us/fl/?s=756131

Future Hospitalization (both ICU and non-ICU) Projections
Florida

Assuming current trends and interventions continue, Florida hospitals are unlikely to become overloaded in the next 30 days. However, any reopening should happen in a slow and phased fashion. If all restrictions were completely lifted today, hospitals would overload on August 21, 2020.

.................................................. ..
Main Page:

Guided by common values, Covid Act Now is a multidisciplinary team of technologists, epidemiologists, health experts, and public policy leaders working to provide disease intelligence and data analysis on COVID in the U.S.
https://covidactnow.org/about
pearl clutching math

Attached Images
File Type: jpg covid math.jpg (48.8 KB, 5 views)
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2020, 03:23 PM   #6371
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
pearl clutching math
Old 07-23-2020, 03:25 PM   #6372
lamboguy

Quote:
Speaking of keeping his mouth shut, I bet you are in fear of Biden and the debates. Maybe if you're lucky Biden will come down with the virus three times this fall.
personally i don't care for Biden. but he has debated before and done very well. i don't think the debates will have anything to do with who becomes the next president either. it really boils down to how the votes get counted if you have a close election.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:34 PM   #6373
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
personally i don't care for Biden. but he has debated before and done very well. i don't think the debates will have anything to do with who becomes the next president either. it really boils down to how the votes get counted if you have a close election.
That’s why they are trying to duck the debates.......

He is crazy if he tries to debate Trump
Old 07-23-2020, 03:52 PM   #6374
AndyC

Quote:
Yes he has debated before but has he debated recently? And has he sounded coherent?
Old 07-23-2020, 04:30 PM   #6375
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
If I had to hazard a guess, in at least one of the debates:

The DNC candidate sees the debate questions ahead of time... and the moderator does his or her best to shout over the RNC candidate.

I expect nothing less.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 07-23-2020 at 04:32 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply