Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 07-21-2020, 06:52 PM   #6331
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Based on what?

The much maligned Sweden now has daily case numbers not seen since late March, when the virus was just getting started there. Now down to 404 from a peak of 2.5k.

In the end, we're all going to agree Sweden did it correctly. Hcap hasn't mentioned them in a long time...I wonder why...
Arizona is estimated to have a total infection rate of about 14.1% and is now starting to decline.

Sweden is between 11% and 12% and also starting to slow.

Practically every state and small country chart looks the same. Once you get to 15%-20% the cases seem to start falling with only very few exceptions in small locations where no distancing or precautions were taken at all and people live very close together.

According to one theory the number will be a little different everywhere depending on behavior also, but that 15%-20% number that has been tossed around by some data experts seems to be holding up in Sweden and now Arizona.

Florida is around 13%. That means the cases should start declining in a week or two if the theory is correct.

Texas is at 8%. So it has a few more weeks to go before slowing.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 07-21-2020 at 07:01 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2020, 06:56 PM   #6332
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I don't care who the news source is. Here are two interviews with a leading epidemiologist from Yale making the the case FOR hydroxychloroquine with an explanation for when and why it works and why some previous studies have failed and others show how effective it is. (basically they did not follow the drug combination recommended by the initial French epidemiologist that started this whole thing or the patients were given the drug way too late)

https://www.foxnews.com/media/hydrox...yale-professor

https://medicine.yale.edu/news-article/25085/
OH GOD HCAP...WHATCHA GONNA DO?

AN EPIDEMIOLOGIST FROM YALE!!! (are we allowed to say YALE anymore? I don't think so...BLM)
Old 07-21-2020, 06:56 PM   #6333
classhandicapper

Quote:
THAT'S HOW ****ED UP THIS COUNTRY HAS BECOME...BECAUSE OF THE HATRED FOR POTUS.

THE EMPHASIS ALL ALONG WITH THIS MEDICATION WAS TO HURRY UP AND DISPROVE ITS EFFECTIVENESS SO WE CAN MAKE FUN OF TRUMP FOR BRINGING IT UP...

Seriously...that's how sick and ill these liberals and people with this absolute and horrid derangement are...so demented and sick and one-track minded that they would rather kill people then bring to light something that might give Trump some positive PR.
I'm no expert on any of this, but the more I read the more it becomes obvious that many of the doctors making appearances on TV are politically motivated and anti Trump. I'm reading both sides, but you can tell who really believes what they are saying and who is spinning for political purposes. This Yale doctor obviously believes what he is saying and thinks it's all a political hatchet job costing lives. One of the anti drug guys I followed closely on Twitter based on appearances on CNN slowly exposed himself as a political hack. He may be a great doctor and not even realize how biased he is, but every comment was anti Trump and he spun the results of every study.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 07-21-2020 at 07:02 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2020, 09:02 PM   #6334
Tor Ekman

Simple solution for the deranged Trump haters: if you get the Covid, tell your M.D. that under no circumstances do you want to be treated hydroxychloroquine . . . go ahead, make our day
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2020, 09:08 PM   #6335
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
What does this have to do with anything? How about addressing the fact that you are PIMPING ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE, when you've spent the last SIX MONTHS SCOLDING US ON HOW USELESS ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE IS....
That study was hardly anecdotal
Old 07-21-2020, 09:41 PM   #6336
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Here's a challenge for you 46zilzal:

Local doctor pushing proven treatment of COVID into national debate:
https://www.thedesertreview.com/opin...07d6ebc1a.html

Reach out to Dr. George Fareed. Have a conversation with him. One doctor to another.

Ask about his use of hydroxychloroquine in the field... why he thinks giving it to patients early is important... why he thinks using it in combination with azithromycin and/or zinc is important... number of patients treated... side effects, etc.

Come back to this thread and post your thoughts after talking with him.

Is the story fake news?

Or, after talking with him, do you think he's getting good outcomes for his patients?

-jp

Old 07-22-2020, 03:45 AM   #6337
hcap

Quote:
OH GOD HCAP...WHATCHA GONNA DO?

AN EPIDEMIOLOGIST FROM YALE!!! (are we allowed to say YALE anymore? I don't think so...BLM)
Without delving into the actual studies, which is better surveyed by 46zilzal, than me, why do you and the other pandemic minimizers herre suppose Harvey Risch and a few others, are not being listened too? And why is not not used actively as an effective treatment?

Last edited by hcap; 07-22-2020 at 03:50 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2020, 05:48 AM   #6338
hcap

I have no doubt qualified individuals come down on both sides of this issue
However, usually a consensus evolves with reasoned recommendations.

Amazing how similar the debate over this pandemic and the various sub-topics of this pandemic, like the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine parallels, the long standing debate over climate change.

Of course the climate change debate has had 50+ years of scientific study, and countless real world tests, and this pandemic is relatively brand new, but the pandemic debate seems to be following the usual "drawing up of sides".

Ultimately climate change evolved a consensus and reasoned recommendations, but even after all these years, there are experts who disagree with the consensus. I just find it difficult to believe all the real world experts, the thousands of doctors and health care professionals all over the world, are not jumping at the chance to help their patients and employ contrarian methods like hydroxychloroquine.

Perhaps all the other recent studies give them pause....

Hydroxychloroquine studies show drug is not effective for early treatment of mild covid-19--July 16, 2020
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...mild-covid-19/

The first randomized clinical trial testing hydroxychloroquine as an early treatment for mild covid-19 found the drug was no better than a placebo in patients who were not hospitalized.

The trial results were published Thursday in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine. The study, conducted by researchers at the University of Minnesota Medical School, involved 491 adults and showed that the medication did not work better than a placebo at reducing the severity of symptoms over 14 days. Results from a similar trial conducted in Spain were published shortly afterward.

Last edited by hcap; 07-22-2020 at 05:51 AM.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:47 AM   #6339
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Without delving into the actual studies, which is better surveyed by 46zilzal, than me, why do you and the other pandemic minimizers herre suppose Harvey Risch and a few others, are not being listened too? And why is not not used actively as an effective treatment?
Follow THE money....pretty easy really...
Old 07-22-2020, 09:38 AM   #6340
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
That study was hardly anecdotal
Not talking about the study...try and follow along...you're supposed to be intelligent.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:40 AM   #6341
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
...and the source. The University of MINNESOTA. ??? Lately, what's to be trusted about anything coming out of MINNESOTA???
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2020, 10:46 AM   #6342
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I posted about this yesterday and had a heck of a time trying to figure out how death by motorcycle = covid-19 fatality. I was more than a wee bit credulous, but I think I've come up with a plausible explanation. Permit me to run it by you:

The motorcyclist actually saw covid-19 chasing him. So...the biker did the only rational thing: He sped up to get away from this dreaded, monster virus. Sadly, he was going so fast on his super-charged bike, and hit a bump in the road which caused him to lose control, which in turn resulted in his early demise. Chalk another fatality victory up to this beast of a virus.

Whaddya think?
I think the China Virus has supercharged TDS so that in a Bizarro World way, anything goes. Fatigue will set in at some point, the question is "when".
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2020, 11:54 AM   #6343
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Here's a challenge for you 46zilzal:

Local doctor pushing proven treatment of COVID into national debate:
https://www.thedesertreview.com/opin...07d6ebc1a.html

Reach out to Dr. George Fareed. Have a conversation with him. One doctor to another.

Ask about his use of hydroxychloroquine in the field... why he thinks giving it to patients early is important... why he thinks using it in combination with azithromycin and/or zinc is important... number of patients treated... side effects, etc.

Come back to this thread and post your thoughts after talking with him.

Is the story fake news?

Or, after talking with him, do you think he's getting good outcomes for his patients?

-jp

One has to wonder how many lives could have been saved if we aggressively used this approach instead of attacking the 50 year old, suddenly dangerous medicine, because it came out of the President's mouth.

One thing that amazes me about the cnn's and msnbc's of the world is they constantly cry that the President doesn't provide any leadership, but anytime he tries to they shoot him down. This was a classic example.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2020, 12:50 PM   #6344
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
So, many doctors, nurses,, health care professionalizes and many epidemiologists all over the world are in on the "take"? I promised Mike I would not call anyone "Alex" or "Chuck", but Mr. Sage, you spin rather a neat and shiny tin foil hat.

Who exactly orchestrated this cosmic scam?

Last edited by hcap; 07-22-2020 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:51 PM   #6345
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
So many doctors, nurses,, health care professionalizes and many epidemiologists all ovwer the world are in on the "take" I promised Mike I would not call anyone Alex or Chuck, but Mr. Sage, you spin rather a neat shiny tin foil hat.

Who exactly orchestrated this cosmic scam?
TDS