Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.25 average.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:45 PM   #346
LAP_520

No Racing in New York on Easter Sunday 4/16/2017

Next Race Day at Aqueduct is Wednesday April 19th

~ Have a Blessed and Happy Easter with Family and Friends ~
Old 04-15-2017, 07:51 PM   #347
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You guys are really out there with all this paranoia...that I have to tell you.

Maybe they aren't FAKE. Maybe they actually do support EMD. What a shock, right?
Yeah because the EMD clique and their ringleader aren't paranoid at all.

You would have to admit though considering SRU is on his 4th name here, his buddy Only11 is on like name 20 that a case could be made it seems odd someone like Mr Pick 5 comes here and is instantly singing EMDs praises.

It's all hilarious to me, but let's not act like it's wacky to put anything past EMD who is probably still whining to someone about the NYRA channel.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:55 AM   #348
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Yeah because the EMD clique and their ringleader aren't paranoid at all.

You would have to admit though considering SRU is on his 4th name here, his buddy Only11 is on like name 20 that a case could be made it seems odd someone like Mr Pick 5 comes here and is instantly singing EMDs praises.

It's all hilarious to me, but let's not act like it's wacky to put anything past EMD who is probably still whining to someone about the NYRA channel.
I am now 100% sure that EMD isn't Mr. Pick 5. He might be his son, but he isn't EMD. Let it go.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:19 AM   #349
no breathalyzer
Veteran

I don't know who EMD is personally or if he has 2/3 other names... but he overall seems ok in my book.. the guy is just very opinionated man which rubs some people wrong that's all.. The guy don't know me from joe schmo yet kept his word and sent me that AQU hat i said i wish i could get. Class act in my book with a good heart.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:21 AM   #350
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I am now 100% sure that EMD isn't Mr. Pick 5. He might be his son, but he isn't EMD. Let it go.
There's nothing to let go. I'm sure he's not his son. That would mean EMD got.....oh never mind.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:22 AM   #351
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer View Post
I don't know who EMD is personally or if he has 2/3 other names... but he overall seems ok in my book.. the guy is just very opinionated man which rubs some people wrong that's all.. The guy don't know me from joe schmo yet kept his word and sent me that AQU hat i said i wish i could get. Class act in my book with a good heart.
Okay in your book is pretty funny. I'm convinced now because your judgement seems awesome
Old 04-16-2017, 07:30 AM   #352
Murph
Public Handicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Nice job, Murph......you're one of the few members that posted 100 live plays--and showed a profit.
Thanks, NCG. I really needed this run for a confidence boost. And to think, I owe it all to EMD. Well not really, because Lap 520 is pressing the issue every day. I am recently tempted to pre-look his selections (we both went 4 for 8 on the same day and he bested my roi) but he has a strategy in place to counter that nonsense.

I like this format. It's been fun and helpful for me, win or lose.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:31 AM   #353
Murph
Public Handicapper

Public Handicapping and Pace Advantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAP_520 View Post

I want to address the OP's thread topic.

There is a huge difference in the "professional public handicapper" and your average poster at pace advantage. I quoted the above phrase because for this thread topic I will refer to the NYRA professional public handicapper's records we are using as a base comparison. The selections forum here shows many of us (pa members) post our plays in an effort to improve our overall performance and have a richer social media experience. In addition we have the benefit of networking and passionately communicating our dedication to handicapping horse races with interesting and like minded people who share in our passion.

Many of us would like to measure up to the daily public handicapper pros' win percentage let alone confront and temper the feelings generated when they win our money and have done so selecting in every race.

Depending on your personal level of interest and objectivity this thread is showing the effectiveness of the NYRA pros compared to a "joe in the grandstand" guy like me and maybe Lap 520. I won't speak for him only comment my thought in the matter. (Almost everything I type here seems to need a disclaimer.) Either way we are a couple of guys you probably never have heard of or considered, unlike the professional selectors.

From a handicapping perspective I will not rate or weight any NYRA selections over my own judgement for the closing week of this meeting. Sometimes I do for various reasons, generally revolving around maintaining a safety net type of wagering strategy. For an opinion to share, I think the pros could have done a better job for us over this short spring meet. If my record alone does not show that (I do not suggest that it does) two of us measuring up does for me.

This tends to support my earlier posted theory that this entire meeting has the look of a big moving day for the entire NYRA organization. We are proceeding to a demanding (certainly for employees) Belmont meeting where everyone will be expected to work very hard and perform at the top of their professional game.

My perspective may be useful to me next year when this AQU inner/outer track "monster" rolls around again. I will have this permanent record as a vivid virtual reminder of this when that time comes.

My only agenda when I post into the NYRA threads here is my need to keep good records and to remember what I did last time. I am learning how to improve my game.

I am a public handicapper.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:54 AM   #354
Dahoss9698
Veteran

So Murph you think it's fair to compare your results where you cherry pick races and have the knowledge of track condition, whereas the public handicappers picks are usually in days before?

Not to mention you guys are using every race for the public handicapper, whereas you guys have the ability to pick and choose what races you want to use.

Does that seem fair? Don't you think they probably prefer some races more than others?

Thanks for proving what this was all about. Slighting the NYRA handicappers.

Last edited by Dahoss9698; 04-16-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #355
Murph
Public Handicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAP_520 View Post

Quote:
So Murph you think it's fair to compare your results where you cherry pick races and have the knowledge of track condition, whereas the public handicappers picks are usually in days before?

Not to mention you guys are using every race for the public handicapper, whereas you guys have the ability to pick and choose what races you want to use.

Does that seem fair? Don't you think they probably prefer some races more than others?

Thanks for proving what this was all about. Slighting the NYRA handicappers.
I am working at the same level of play as they are. Same general information and time lines. I've posted a full card, well before scratches almost every day. I cannot possibly know any more than a professional NYRA handicapper when I make the posted selections. I missed one day (the first one I think) and passed ONE race. That is very similar to the professionals record for the meeting. If you consider my record cherry picking, that is very harsh to the point of BS, coming from someone who will not post in a similar style and on topic in this thread.

I'm not slighting anyone. No names are used and I have never suggested that I am a better handicapper than anyone. I am handicapping at the top of my game and generously sharing the benefit of my experience and research with folks like you who enjoy posting here.

You insist on making this some kind of a personal attack on .. I'm not sure what. Are you attacking me? I defined quite nicely and very clearly what my intentions are.

I am ready to state that it is time for you to put up or shut up in regard to your comments into this thread. NOW you go cry to the moderators and tell them what a ferocious virtual bully I am and insist they come to your defense. If you are not going to do that then please leave me and this thread alone.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:05 PM   #356
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
I am working at the same level of play as they are. Same general information and time lines. I've posted a full card, well before scratches almost every day. I cannot possibly know any more than a professional NYRA handicapper when I make the posted selections. I missed one day (the first one I think) and passed ONE race. That is very similar to the professionals record for the meeting. If you consider my record cherry picking, that is very harsh to the point of BS, coming from someone who will not post in a similar style and on topic in this thread.

I'm not slighting anyone. No names are used and I have never suggested that I am a better handicapper than anyone. I am handicapping at the top of my game and generously sharing the benefit of my experience and research with folks like you who enjoy posting here.

You insist on making this some kind of a personal attack on .. I'm not sure what. Are you attacking me? I defined quite nicely and very clearly what my intentions are.

I am ready to state that it is time for you to put up or shut up in regard to your comments into this thread. NOW you go cry to the moderators and tell them what a ferocious virtual bully I am and insist they come to your defense. If you are not going to do that then please leave me and this thread alone.
You're not slighting anyone? What would you call this "I think the pros could have done a better job for us over this short spring meet."

I get it. You're VERY proud of yourself right now. Complimenting yourself in the other thread and basically begging for compliments kind of supports my theory. Generously sharing the benefit of your experience?

Your last paragraph is so funny I'm almost tempted not to respond to it. Almost. First off, Ive probably posted a few hundred winners on this site in the past. I'm well past the "put up or shut up" phase when it comes to my opinions. I'm much more involved in the contest world now (horsetourneys) so I'm not going to post many picks anymore. Financially it doesn't make sense to. And I'd rather put a hot poker in my eye than post a pick in this thread.

Cry to the moderators? You don't know me very well. I'll post wherever I want. As long as I abide by the rules I'm allowed to. This board has an ignore function. When you're done patting yourself on the back, why not utilize it?

Not sure how you went from being the guy upset because you felt NYRA gang was slighting the $2 bettor to this, but I have a few theories.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #357
Murph
Public Handicapper

Quote:
You're not slighting anyone? What would you call this "I think the pros could have done a better job for us over this short spring meet."

I get it. You're VERY proud of yourself right now. Complimenting yourself in the other thread and basically begging for compliments kind of supports my theory. Generously sharing the benefit of your experience?

Your last paragraph is so funny I'm almost tempted not to respond to it. Almost. First off, Ive probably posted a few hundred winners on this site in the past. I'm well past the "put up or shut up" phase when it comes to my opinions. I'm much more involved in the contest world now (horsetourneys) so I'm not going to post many picks anymore. Financially it doesn't make sense to. And I'd rather put a hot poker in my eye than post a pick in this thread.

Cry to the moderators? You don't know me very well. I'll post wherever I want. As long as I abide by the rules I'm allowed to. This board has an ignore function. When you're done patting yourself on the back, why not utilize it?

Not sure how you went from being the guy upset because you felt NYRA gang was slighting the $2 bettor to this, but I have a few theories.
While I have a bit of flair for writing comedic material, you are much better than me when you point out that you don't make public selections because you are a contest guy. If you cannot display a proficiency at least on par with the public handicappers it will not be possible for you to win a qualifying handicapping contest. Who do you think your competition is when you compete at that level? How does hiding your implied talent give you any better chance of winning against them?

How many time have you qualified for NHC? Mr big talking no picking some kind of undetermined contest guy? I am beginning to doubt if you could properly beat your dog. The temperament you display here would make it impossible for you to compete for a major prize among gentlemen who play for that money like it is their life blood.

I would think if you have ever qualified for a HWS or NHC you would know this and have corrected your behavior before this point. You are on tilt and you can't compete against me, let alone anyone who is a professional in this activity.

Now let it be known that the only person I have slighted here is you.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:07 PM   #358
Murph
Public Handicapper

Quote:
And I'd rather put a hot poker in my eye than post a pick in this thread.
If you refuse to post selections here then every post you make is certainly off topic. This thread was created to eliminate the confusion and frustration you are continuing to offer. I am beyond simply offended.

You are not being fair to me or anyone else who is making selections and commenting on the results being posted. I appeal to anyone who agrees with my position on this matter to post here in support.

This non posting detractor has no right to abuse me through this forum like he has done for the past few days. He is taking away from what we all are trying to accomplish and that is to become a better handicapper.

Last edited by Murph; 04-16-2017 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:19 PM   #359
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
If you refuse to post selections here then every post you make is certainly off topic. This thread was created to eliminate the confusion and frustration you are continuing to offer. I am beyond simply offended.

You are not being fair to me or anyone else who is making selections and commenting on the results being posted. I appeal to anyone who agrees with my position on this matter to post here in support.

This non posting detractor has no right to abuse me through this forum like he has done for the past few days.
I can't stop laughing.

It's a thread on an internet message board. I wasn't even posting to you until you decided to come after me. You're beyond offended? You think I am abusing you?

Thanks for the laughs!
Old 04-16-2017, 09:27 PM   #360
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
While I have a bit of flair for writing comedic material, you are much better than me when you point out that you don't make public selections because you are a contest guy. If you cannot display a proficiency at least on par with the public handicappers it will not be possible for you to win a qualifying handicapping contest. Who do you think your competition is when you compete at that level? How does hiding your implied talent give you any better chance of winning against them?

How many time have you qualified for NHC? Mr big talking no picking some kind of undetermined contest guy? I am beginning to doubt if you could properly beat your dog. The temperament you display here would make it impossible for you to compete for a major prize among gentlemen who play for that money like it is their life blood.

I would think if you have ever qualified for a HWS or NHC you would know this and have corrected your behavior before this point. You are on tilt and you can't compete against me, let alone anyone who is a professional in this activity.

Now let it be known that the only person I have slighted here is you.
More laughs!

The thing is Murph, I'm not trying to prove myself to you...or anyone else. I've already proved myself. If you don't think I'm much of a handicapper I don't care. All I care about is making money. That's why I handicap. I'm not trying to get compliments on a message board. My compliments are when I deposit winnings into my bank account.

Theres also a search function here. If you want to see me in action go for it.

Thank you though. I literally just laughed out loud at you thinking I'm on tilt and that I cannot compete with you. I'm laughing and you're accusing me of abusing you! Two posts ago you said you were bullying me. Now I'm abusing you. Who's on tilt?

If I didn't know better I'd think I was talking to EMD. Like he's posting under your name of something. Hmmmm....
Closed Thread