Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:53 AM   #7501
upthecreek

Trump Vs Clinton

Trump that!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160725_084932.jpg (102.4 KB, 111 views)
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2016, 09:32 AM   #7502
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek
Trump that!
Add in Johnson and Stein and it's a 5 point lead.

There are two other polls showing Trump in the lead by 1 and 4 points. It's a convention bounce.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2016, 09:50 AM   #7503
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by _______

There are two other polls showing Trump in the lead by 1 and 4 points. It's a convention bounce.
I'm still not convinced that the 3rd party candidates will be polling this high come November. .People are now, especially with Clinton , acting on their frustrations but when they see that their Lib/Green guy/gal aren't going to win and may in fact screw up their reluctantly chosen major party vote, they'll change their mind.

I'd love to see a poll of Johnson and Stein voters what their choice would be if their candidate wasn't running: Trump, Clinton or won't vote.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2016, 09:54 AM   #7504
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote
I agree with Trump that Bernie Sanders got snubbed by Clinton when she chose Kaine as her running mate. Sanders, at the very least, should have been her running mate.

It would be great to see a contested election where Sanders wins the nomination.

Not sure if that can happen now, though.
Mr. Trump, why did you snub Ted Cruz and John Kasich when you selected Mike Pence as your running mate?
Old 07-25-2016, 10:19 AM   #7505
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44
I'm still not convinced that the 3rd party candidates will be polling this high come November. .People are now, especially with Clinton , acting on their frustrations but when they see that their Lib/Green guy/gal aren't going to win and may in fact screw up their reluctantly chosen major party vote, they'll change their mind.

I'd love to see a poll of Johnson and Stein voters what their choice would be if their candidate wasn't running: Trump, Clinton or won't vote.
That has been the typical trajectory of third party support as you get closer to the election. It's easy to vent frustration with the major party candidates in a July poll. It has always been a different story come November.

I do think with the high negatives of both major candidates, it's a reasonable question to ask if this is an atypical year but I wouldn't bet against the trend yet. If you still see this level of support for third parties (around 10-15%) in 8 weeks you can start speculating about that vote having staying power.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2016, 10:43 AM   #7506
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Mr. Trump, why did you snub Ted Cruz and John Kasich when you selected Mike Pence as your running mate?
Why in the world would he pick that loser Cruz?
Old 07-25-2016, 11:23 AM   #7507
barahona44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Why in the world would he pick that loser Cruz?
Hillary's thinking the same thing about the Sandman.She has little intention on running an Obama/leftist presidency, Kaine's selection confirms that.Now she may run a leftist campaign to appease Colonel Sanders followers but ,like Trump, she will, ahem,EVOLVE her positions after getting elected.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:32 AM   #7508
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hillary and evolution in the same post.....mind boggling.
Hillary is the antithesis of evolution.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:21 PM   #7509
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______

As I have said before, polls are irrelevant. They will change every week between now and November -- because different people are asked. And the majority of people who do not answer phone calls from numbers they do not know -- are never asked.

I have been predicting a Trump landslide based on a number of factors. The similarity between this election and the Reagan - Carter massacre in 1980 is telling:

1) The all out, one-sided assault by the liberal media;
2) Reagan was regularly defined as a crackpot and sure to start a world war;
2) Reagan was a political outsider;
2) Carter RAN ON HIS RECORD OF EXPERIENCE!!!
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2016, 01:44 PM   #7510
Tor Ekman

What the media is begrudgingly acknowledging as being a post-convention "bounce" will soon be apparent to all as a no-doubt momentum shift . . . even Nate Silver at 538 is beginning to grease the skids for the portly pantsuit's electoral demise . . . Trump is going to steamroll her
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2016, 04:57 PM   #7511
onefast99

Quote:
Now this is a funny post. Trump got the guy who looks and acts the part. He also wants that mid west swing!
Old 07-26-2016, 03:39 AM   #7512
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman
What the media is begrudgingly acknowledging as being a post-convention "bounce" will soon be apparent to all as a no-doubt momentum shift . . . even Nate Silver at 538 is beginning to grease the skids for the portly pantsuit's electoral demise . . . Trump is going to steamroll her
Steamroll is iffy, especially when talking about a Republican winning. Hillary enjoys the luxury of at least 30 to 40 percent of voters blindly casting their ballots for the <inaccurately> perceived party of Freebies/Hope/Change/Togetherness, the Democrats. This is evident based on the favorable rating that Obama maintains, even in light of his total incompetence.

Trump's speech did little to sway the educated voters, and trying to beat the Dems at their own game is going to be an uphill battle.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/politi...oll/index.html

Quote:
The poll also reflects a sharpening of the education divide among whites that has been prevalent throughout the campaign. Among white voters with college degrees, Clinton actually gained ground compared with pre-convention results, going from an even 40% to 40% split to a 44% to 39% edge over Trump. That while Trump expanded his lead with white voters who do not hold a college degree from a 51% to 31% lead before the convention to a 62% to 23% lead now.
Trump has little room for error if he's going to win, as so many electoral votes are already locked in for the The Hag. He has to overcome the intense bias/proganda of the media, and last week's speech revealed some chinks in his armor.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 04:41 PM   #7513
HalvOnHorseracing

Trump's statement that he hoped the Russians got a hold of Hillary's 30,000 emails from her time at the state department at the very least shows his lack of political skill and at the most is imbecilic. I know that because even the Republicans aren't trying to defend the statement.

Everyone acknowledges he has a steep learning curve, and even if you believe he is smart enough to bridge his knowledge chasms, it appears he needs to make a more serious effort to show he's getting it.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #7514
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
Trump's statement that he hoped the Russians got a hold of Hillary's 30,000 emails from her time at the state department at the very least shows his lack of political skill and at the most is imbecilic. I know that because even the Republicans aren't trying to defend the statement.

Everyone acknowledges he has a steep learning curve, and even if you believe he is smart enough to bridge his knowledge chasms, it appears he needs to make a more serious effort to show he's getting it.
I thought it was a great statement to make since it appears the Ruskies might be the only ones willing to shine the light on the truth! I mean let's face it...can we expect to learn the truth from the party of the Dem(on)s? Can we? I say...Go Putin! Go Russia! Go KGB! Go to whomever has the truth and is willing to share it.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:06 PM   #7515
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
I thought it was a great statement to make since it appears the Ruskies might be the only ones willing to shine the light on the truth! I mean let's face it...can we expect to learn the truth from the party of the Dem(on)s? Can we? I say...Go Putin! Go Russia! Go KGB! Go to whomever has the truth and is willing to share it.
Trump seemed to conflate the DNC emails with the State Department emails, but in the end it appeared he was hoping the Russians got a hold of the State Dept mails. In the case of the DNC emails, I'm not sure it makes much difference who ultimately reads them. The fact that establishment Dems favored the establishment candidate over a non-Democrat is hardly a shock. The fact that they made it so blatant shows poor judgement. It's a family squabble that we all got let in on. On the other hand, asking that one of the most dangerous countries in the world have access to ANY government emails is unbelievable, and defending it by saying the revelations of those emails - which would have never been made public anyway - is more important than national security is...not demonic, but moronic.

Look, Hillary was moronic to have ever used a private server. But if you're a smart candidate, you excoriate her for that without inviting our frenemies to have a look. Call this one the way it is. Trump screwed up.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply